Awoo.

Megaman 10

PSI Wind

^ I'd rather they not, to tell you the truth. If that happens, then that would mean the end of the classic Mega Man series.

Fifth Mega Man is best Mega Man.

Whether or not Mega Man 5 is the best Mega Man game, I can't really say, but I do think it's an awesome game, though. It's also notable for having one of the best final battle theme songs in the series.

Edited by Scorch

Besides, I tend to treat Mega Man X (and everything else after that) as something of an alternate future, if only because I can't bear to imagine cute little cheerleading Mega Man winding up dead someday.

Capcom doesn't need to and shouldn't connect this series with MMX. They threw in a little nod at the end of The Power Fighters, so that should be enough for those who wanted it.

Yes, and not only that, but even Mega Man 10, to some extent, is a bit of a nod to the X series. In the American boxart that they made for the game, Mega Man was drawn with a red jewel on his forehead (like Mega Man X), and the way Proto Man's scarf was drawn resembled Zero's hair somewhat. Also, the Roboenza virus itself, is pretty similar to the Maverick virus in the X series.

Edited by Scorch

Oh, and I suppose Proto Man does? Capcom NEVER seems to have a problem adding him into every Mega Man game, regardless of whether or not he has any relevance to the storyline. In fact, he didn't even HAVE a story in Mega Man 9, despite the fact that he was a playable character. There's really no reason why they couldn't do the same for Bass.

We can't point at the series' mistakes in effort to justify it's OTHER mistakes. If Protoman really is overused, Bass' inclusion isn't going to change or help that.

I can't bear to imagine cute little cheerleading Mega Man winding up dead someday.

: (

So like last time (iirc), the Wii version will be released first, on March 1st, whereas the other versions will be released two weeks later.

So, Achievements and Trophies Vs early release with a NES-style pad? Your choice chaps.

The Wii version DOES have achievements like the Wii version of MM9 does, just not gamerpoints. I think it's obvious which one I'm gonna get.

The weapons are now revealed. Posting pictures of all Robot Masters, their backstory, and weapon. Spoilers(And heavy ammounts of pictures) abound.

MegaMan101.jpg

MegaMan102.png

MegaMan103.jpg

MegaMan104.jpg

MegaMan105.jpg

MegaMan106.jpg

MegaMan107.jpg

MegaMan108.jpg

Edited by PSI Wind FTW!

MegaMan101.jpg

It isn't a usable weapon, but its extremely similar to Cloud man's attacks.

MegaMan102.png

This one is just a crash bomb thats aimable.

MegaMan103.jpg

This one sounds similar to the noise crush.

MegaMan105.jpg

This is the bubble lead/search snake disguised as a metal blade.

MegaMan106.jpg

Do I even need to say this one...

MegaMan108.jpg

And this is the same as the spark shock.

That was a dissapointing set of weapons.

Edited by Blaziken

• 2 weeks later...

Well everybody, it's out on WiiWare. Go download it.

DLC is dated for 4/5/10. The other character will have to wait until then.

The other character is

fucking Bass

, which comes to no real surprise. I don't really even need to spoiler tag that since you'll know it well before you download it anyway, but just in case.

Also, if anyone's curious, the music we heard from the first trailer is supposed to belong to

Nitro Man.

Edited by The Soldier

Ahahaha, my first time through every level but Sheep Man's completely slaughtered me. Yah, this is classic Mega Man all right...

I am getting the hang of it, tho', now that I know the stages and their tricks and I'm starting to figure out the boss weaknesses.

Huh, it feels like there was less time between the initial announcement and release date than with MM9.

Must be my imagination!

DLC is dated for 4/5/10. The other character will have to wait until then.

The other character is

fucking Bass

, which comes to no real surprise. I don't really even need to spoiler tag that since you'll know it well before you download it anyway, but just in case.

Not unexpected, but bloody AWESOME. I was gonna get this game anyway, but AUTOMATIC DAY ONE. Well, when it comes to the PAL territories.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Ya, I got plastered by every single Robot Master until I pumped about three E-Tanks and managed to beat Turbo Man. Then I continued to get plastered by the stages until I managed to find the one that's weak to Turbo Man's weapon.

After non-stop playing, I managed to get to the first castle stage. The first boss is just too awesome for words, and this is going to be a boss I'm going to fight again and again!

Oh, and for those who are wondering about Tango, he's in Protoman's shop. That's it, we can't buy or use Tango at all! This bit sort of ticked me off because I was really hoping to use Tango again, but at least he's in it.

From what I've heard, this will be hitting WiiWare in Europe on Friday :D

What's it like, guys? Any good?

And there's an 8-bit Bass as a third playable character? ZOMG! :blink: Do you have to unlock him, or is he DLC like Proto Man was in Mega Man 9?

Well I glad Shadow Bass is playable again but I'm disappointed that he's DLC (unlock key DLC at that) especially after they made a big deal about the new third character.

So, is it pronounced Bass like the fish, or Bass referring to sound and music, which is pronounced "base"? When you look at the context it's used in, you would think it would be pronounced "Base", because his wolf/dog partner is called Treble. Treble clefs and bass clefs both appear on music sheets, and they can refer to other things concerning music and sound frequency. Look at any old radio and it will show dials for controlling treble and bass.

But I've only heard him called "Bass", and it really irks me.

Although, now that I'm on the subject, the entire Megaman series has characters whose names relate to music- particularly in the Japanese version. There's Rock Man, Roll, Rush, Blues(aka Proto Man) Beat, Tango and in Japan, Bass and Treble are called Forte and Gospel. That really just blows my mind though- if they're going to change the names for the Englsih versions like they did with Rock-Megaman and Blues-Protoman, why would they give Forte and Gospel names with musical afilliations? Didn't they change some of the names in the beginning to sidestep that?

Not to sound like a weaboo or anything, but Forte and Gospel sound way cooler anyway.

Yeah it's definitely "Base", although I've been calling him "Bass" for most of my life, it fits in with the MegaMan music thing, and he's called "Base" in the MegaMan EXE Anime dub.

So, is it pronounced Bass like the fish, or Bass referring to sound and music, which is pronounced "base"? When you look at the context it's used in, you would think it would be pronounced "Base", because his wolf/dog partner is called Treble. Treble clefs and bass clefs both appear on music sheets, and they can refer to other things concerning music and sound frequency. Look at any old radio and it will show dials for controlling treble and bass.

But I've only heard him called "Bass", and it really irks me.

If you wanna go by the so bad it's just funny Megaman 8 intro, then its Bass as a fish.

Although, now that I'm on the subject, the entire Megaman series has characters whose names relate to music- particularly in the Japanese version. There's Rock Man, Roll, Rush, Blues(aka Proto Man) Beat, Tango and in Japan, Bass and Treble are called Forte and Gospel. That really just blows my mind though- if they're going to change the names for the Englsih versions like they did with Rock-Megaman and Blues-Protoman, why would they give Forte and Gospel names with musical afilliations? Didn't they change some of the names in the beginning to sidestep that?

Not to sound like a weaboo or anything, but Forte and Gospel sound way cooler anyway.

I love the music puns just as much, but the american names have grown on me.

MM8's dub shouldn't even be considered a reliable source of anything to do with Mega Man, anyway.