Awoo.

Megaman 10

PSI Wind

Man, I can't wait for this. I don't really care that it's 8-bit again. Just as long as it is still fun. I enjoyed playing, and getting my ass kicked in Megaman9, so hopefully, I'll be just as opened in MM10.

Also... Here are the Robot Master silhouettes.

mm10silhouettes.PNG

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=108179#comment-section

Is it me... or does the first silhouette look a little familiar? Hmm... I wonder if 'we can beat him'?

Is it me... or does the first silhouette look a little familiar? Hmm... I wonder if 'we can beat him'?

It.... can't... be!

Also I'm going to name some of them and see if I can get them right =D

Top right = Thief Man (he just looks like a thief)

Bottom right = KNIFE Man (or Shark Man)

mm10silhouettes.PNG

My guesses... Top right is Air Man, to the right is Sheep Man, to the right is Gladiator Man (has the hat style and buff), could be a thief but to me looks more like Snake Man kinda' to me but a bit different... Frog/Cobra Man? XD;

The next row, the one to the right looks like Sombrero Man (...), then I THINK the one next to him is Toilet Man (but it kinda' looks like Diamond Man or something), next one is Commando Man, and the final one is Knife Man.

Ohhh the game's looking quite nice. I laughed a bit when I saw just how much easy mode made things...easier. ._. I'll probably be a pussy and play that mode first.

Also...

Mega Man Motherfucking Powered Up 2

1257617016658.jpg

Edited by gunther

(but it kinda' looks like Diamond Man or something)

Ohhh the game's looking quite nice. I laughed a bit when I saw just how much easy mode made things...easier. ._. I'll probably be a pussy and play that mode first.

Yeah, it's kind of odd how easy they actually made it, although I'll probably use that mode first as well.

airman.png

Unless you guys are thinking of another robot master..

They weren't, they were referencing a Japanese song about how Airman is undefeatable. (Well, Yoshiunity/Reindeerunity was anyway.)

They weren't, they were referencing a Japanese song about how Airman is undefeatable. (Well, Yoshiunity/Reindeerunity was anyway.)

I do think it looks uncannily like Airman too.

And I got the reference which is why I reacted in that way xD

More 8-bit? Damnit, we have processors and engines that can display beautiful landscapes and detailed models. Stop living in the past, Capcom.

More 8-bit? Damnit, we have processors and engines that can display beautiful landscapes and detailed models. Stop living in the past, Capcom.

We CAN have beautiful landscapes. But no matter how hard we try they all end up dead looking and brown. Oh well.

8-Bit has color and I swear to god you can make it actually hard and NOBODY WILL BITCH MUCH. They'll complain about why it's so hard but because of the 8-Bit it is suddenly bearable.

I'm not sure why.

We CAN have beautiful landscapes. But no matter how hard we try they all end up dead looking and brown. Oh well.

How I long for a day... We can dream right?

8-Bit has color and I swear to god you can make it actually hard and NOBODY WILL BITCH MUCH. They'll complain about why it's so hard but because of the 8-Bit it is suddenly bearable.

I'm not sure why.

Probably because games were just much harder "back then". It feels right for 8-Bit games to be hard... even if it's a silly preconception that kinda limits creativity.

I completely second the notion to stop living in the past though. If the past was great then for crying out loud impliment it into the future too Capcom. >>

Make colourful HD games that make you pull your hair out. It'll be awesome.

Edited by SuperLink

Actually.... I'll admit it. I thought it was or a 2.0 version of Airman at first. (Hey, after Splash Woman was unveiled, I think anything can happen with these robot masters. Possibly 2.0 versions.) But after looking over things with the trailer and the silhouette. I notice that the particular robot master's silhouette introduce an area where some of the scenery resembled baseballs. Plus, before that, Megaman was walking in an stadium like area.

So I guess... Baseball Man? Slugger Man? Pennant Man?

How I long for a day... We can dream right?

Probably because games were just much harder "back then". It feels right for 8-Bit games to be hard... even if it's a silly preconception that kinda limits creativity.

I completely second the notion to stop living in the past though. If the past was great then for crying out loud impliment it into the future too Capcom. >>

Make colourful HD games that make you pull your hair out. It'll be awesome.

Megaman games are actually not that hard in comparison to some REALLY brutal NES games. Megaman's usually a fair challenge. It just takes practice. The games are also very consistent in that once you get good in one game, those skills carry over into the next game.

I said beautiful, not realistic, or at least the industry's bleak interpretation of what "realistic" is. I'm talking like Super Mario Galaxy. Hell, they don't even have to be 3D; look at Braid for instance.

I'm not sure why.

What are you talking about? Everybody bitches about how early 8-bit games were so difficult. That's why we call it "Nintendo Hard."

I said beautiful, not realistic, or at least the industry's bleak interpretation of what "realistic" is. I'm talking like Super Mario Galaxy. Hell, they don't even have to be 3D; look at Braid for instance.

What are you talking about? Everybody bitches about how early 8-bit games were so difficult. That's why we call it "Nintendo Hard."

But it's a loving bitch. We bitch about them being hard, but at the same time it's not really a bitch, it's just what the game is. Hard.

Also Gloveball. That is hard. Got the Power Glove to work right, really fun to play, but damnit it was like Breakout in 3-D and I suck at the 2-D breakout. Adding walls does not help me.

Alien Hominid?

I somehow managed to beat that on hard mode without losing a continue, (and I suck at MegaMan) so it can't be that hard. :S

I think Megaman is only really hard because of how restricted your movements are, ie. how fucking old it is.

I think the reason we're not seeing many hard 2D games is we're not seeing many 2D in the first place.

I think the reason we're not seeing many hard 2D games is we're not seeing many 2D in the first place.

This needs to change imo.

A good amount of this gen's awesomely unique games are 2D.

Games these days are less hard coz we're better at them. Seriously, get a casual gamer who's never touched Mario before to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii. They'll have as much trouble as you did as a kid.

Games these days are less hard coz we're better at them. Seriously, get a casual gamer who's never touched Mario before to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii. They'll have as much trouble as you did as a kid.

Not true. Go back to NES games and play them. Many're just solid compared to modern games.

If a casual gamer is having the same amount of trouble of NSMB as we had with SMB or Metroid then I fear for humanity's evolution.

...Yeah alright I'll agree with that. I guess I'll change my point to "games aren't QUITE as easy as we think they are".

I really hope easy mode is toggleable in-game. I like the idea of playing normal mode, then switching to easy just for one tough bit. I don't mind if the ending says I only cleared "Easy mode" or I lose the regular completion achievement due to me using it once, but I'd just like the option to not have to start a new game if I hit a wall later on.

Edited by JezMM

That's stupid. You don't shut out an entire concept just because it's been used once. By that, damn near everything is a ripoff of everything else, and by that, Sheep Man is no more deserving of scorn than anything else.

No, you don't shut out an entire concept when it's been used once, or even a few times. But when they're planting the same idea over and over, where it gets repetitive, then the idea gets old and it dies. Unless, of course, it's a main character with a personality design. But then again, this idea doesn't bother you, in the sense that you don't find it repetitive, so it's all cool with you. But there's not one person on the internet, who hasn't found an idea to be repetitive to them. And this electrical sheep design is what I find repetitive.

Oh, and sorry for the late reply. This week has been terrible.

Seems like the 2nd new robot master, "Commando Man", has been revealed, among other things.

mypa.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=107637

I lol'd at his name. And if you look at him closely it looks like he's wearing robotic underwear.

I forgot I scanned the NP article, but I have been terribly busy lately. Let me know if they are too small or if they start acting up and i'll get right on it. You can click on them for larger versions.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5562/np250cover.png

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/135/np250mm10p1.png

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4671/np250mm10p2.png

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1889/np250mm10p3.png

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8821/np250mm10p4.png