Awoo.

Online Modes present in Sonic X Shadow Generations?!

Ryannumber1gamer

A bit of a surprise move, considering how little the original online modes really mattered in the base Generations, yet thanks to the PlayStation Store, it seems we've got more information on this feature, and how remasters, such as the recent Red Dead Redemption remaster will often leave them out.

For those unaware, the original Generations had two online modes, in which you could see how far you could get within a level in 60 seconds, or you can compare your times online with friends to see how quickly you could complete levels.

Now, thanks to a PlayStation Store listing for the announced Sonic X Shadow Generations - a new feature has been listed - 'Online Modes Optional', meaning a optional online mode will be in the game.

What could it be? A brand new mode/feature that's going to be added to the remastered collection, or will we see the revival of the City Escape Time Attack wars?

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll just be time attack leader boards.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dream for the day a mainline sonic game has proper head to head online multiplayer but I doubt this will be it. Probably just some weird wording for the leaderboards and such sadly.

Man, as much as I love platforming, I don't do online play for Time Attack and Racing.

I play that shit to beat the fuck outta my opponents. Lemme know when Sega does a mainline Sonic game where I can do that! Haven't had that kinda fun since SA2:B.

Sega has labeled leaderboards as Multiplayer in the past on Sonic promo's, so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.