Awoo.

RUMOR: LEGO Sonic's second 18+ Set On the Way?

Failinhearts

Ryannumber1gamer
This post was recognized by Ryannumber1gamer!

Failinhearts was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 50 points.

Known LEGO leaker 1414Falcon on Instagram has posted intel on a previously unreported LEGO Sonic set releasing in October! But this time, with a twist... This is an 18+ set!

No details yet on what this set might represent, but with a piece count of 720 pieces, it is going to be comparable in size to the Green Hill Zone Loop Challenge set from last year.

This isn't the first 18+ set with Sonic however, and that's where things get REALLY interesting...

The first set in this age range is the one that started it all, the LEGO Ideas Green Hill Zone!

A48A3AD3_4.jpg?sw=767&sh=767&sm=fit

For those who have built Green Hill Zone, you might have noticed something at the very end of the build...

lego-ideas-sonic-the-hedgehog-21331-insta-13.jpg

These Technic connection pieces, one going in, and one going out. For years, we didn't know for sure what its purpose is...

Most we could do is connect it to LEGO Modular Buildings, like the Jazz Club, Daily Bugle or Ninjago City. But now, with a new 18+ on the way, is it made to be connected to Green Hill Zone to make a much larger diorama? Maybe!

What do you think this new Zone might be? Will it be chronological and go to Marble Zone, or will we skip to another iconic level like Chemical Plant?

...Or maybe Windy Hill Zone, just to taunt us. Let us speculate together until the day we can build this ourselves!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

NGL, when I first heard "18+ set," I envisioned something entirely different. Something... not suitable for this website's terms and conditions.

But this is far more palatable.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

8 minutes ago, Lorekitten said:

NGL, when I first heard "18+ set," I envisioned something entirely different. Something... not suitable for this website's terms and conditions.

Mega Bloks is that way, ma'am.

999999-65541383814.jpg

• Chuckle 3

7 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

Mega Bloks is that way, ma'am.

999999-65541383814.jpg

That... is aged 10+.

Curiouser and curiouser.

• Thumbs Up 1

That title is so misleading it’s hilarious. 🤣

Look, I still have moments where my mind acts like a 14-year-old. I’m sorry. It doesn’t help when previous news had Sonic at no. 6 on P-hub.

Edited by CrownSlayer’s Shadow
  • Thumbs Up 3

Everyone while reading this article: hmm interesting why is it 18+

Me while reading this article: oh another Sonic Lego Ideas set! And it connects to Green Hill! Hooray

Looking forward for Lego Sonic 1 collection on my shelf!

Edited by ShadowForever
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Lorekitten said:

Lol...i had a similar thought, something like - "Rouge's Gentleman's club" or "Amy's" lol. 

Jokes aside, i think they may go Generations and do a Sonic 2 boss next, then Sonic 3 etc. Based on that, it will probably be Chemical plant.

Although Marble would be very cool with the dropping spikes on chains.

• Thumbs Up 1

Following Sonic Advance's final zone naming conventions? Zone X, Zone XX, and we may finally get the XXX we were denied.

• Chuckle 4

My brain tells me it’s probably going to be chemical plant

my heart hopes that it’s the death egg, parodying the original Death Star Lego set.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Lorekitten said:

SAME

19 hours ago, Failinhearts said:

Known LEGO leaker 1414Falcon on Instagram has posted intel on a previously unreported LEGO Sonic set releasing in October! But this time, with a twist... This is an 18+ set!

No details yet on what this set might represent, but with a piece count of 720 pieces, it is going to be comparable in size to the Green Hill Zone Loop Challenge set from last year.

This isn't the first 18+ set with Sonic however, and that's where things get REALLY interesting...

The first set in this age range is the one that started it all, the LEGO Ideas Green Hill Zone!

A48A3AD3_4.jpg?sw=767&sh=767&sm=fit

For those who have built Green Hill Zone, you might have noticed something at the very end of the build...

lego-ideas-sonic-the-hedgehog-21331-insta-13.jpg

These Technic connection pieces, one going in, and one going out. For years, we didn't know for sure what its purpose is...

Most we could do is connect it to LEGO Modular Buildings, like the Jazz Club, Daily Bugle or Ninjago City. But now, with a new 18+ on the way, is it made to be connected to Green Hill Zone to make a much larger diorama? Maybe!

What do you think this new Zone might be? Will it be chronological and go to Marble Zone, or will we skip to another iconic level like Chemical Plant?

...Or maybe Windy Hill Zone, just to taunt us. Let us speculate together until the day we can build this ourselves!

If it is a zone, maybe it'd be more of Green Hill, or it could be the following zone in the original game. (Marble Zone? Idk I haven't played the original...)

18+!? It's just Marble zone! Well, anyway... I'm buying it!

14 hours ago, Maple Syrup said:

18+!? It's just Marble zone! Well, anyway... I'm buying it!

That’s a mock up based on speculation due to the connective portions that’s on the Green Hill set. Marble Zone is not confirmed.

As to why it’s 18+, this is apart of LEGO’s adult collectors lineup, which is LEGO sets that don’t contain many play features, but are instead intended to be big display pieces. Most LEGO Ideas sets are apart of the adult collector’s line, and other examples include the LEGO Home Alone set, LEGO Delorean, and LEGO NES.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That’s a mock up based on speculation due to the connective portions that’s on the Green Hill set. Marble Zone is not confirmed.

As to why it’s 18+, this is apart of LEGO’s adult collectors lineup, which is LEGO sets that don’t contain many play features, but are instead intended to be big display pieces. Most LEGO Ideas sets are apart of the adult collector’s line, and other examples include the LEGO Home Alone set, LEGO Delorean, and LEGO NES.

Well, sometimes I use some playsets as decoration. I think i've never thought about it that way! 

Edited by Maple Syrup

Apologies if this is a stupid question (I’m not into Lego), what is an 18+ set exactly? Because when I see “18+ Lego set” I can’t help but think of…erm…something not very family friendly.

Edit: Looks like someone already answered my question. Turns out they’re intended for display purposes! That makes way more sense than what I originally envisioned…

Edited by Piko