Awoo.

"I'm Here" from Sonic Frontiers appears in SEGA's maimai DX BUDDiES!

Polkadi~☆

Ryannumber1gamer
This post was recognized by Ryannumber1gamer!

Polkadi~☆ was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

Technically, this should be old news, but I decided to wait until the international version caught up with the Japanese version before sharing.

As of January 18th, SEGA's popular arcade rhythm game, maimai DX, will upgrade to a new version called BUDDiES for those in international territories (see here for locations), which will obviously contain new songs to play alongside new features added to the game. If you're interested to learn more about the game, then here is the official site of the international version.

The important part of this update for Sonic fans is, because Maimai needs it's obligatory Sonic tracks added to the game, maimai DX BUDDiES will feature the main theme of Sonic Frontiers, 'I’m Here (feat. Merry Kirk-Holmes)'!
Embeded is a video of professional Maimai player, Amakage!, playing the track on it's Lv.13 MASTER difficulty with an ALL PERFECT result.

If you're curious about other Sonic tracks that are available in Maimai, they will be included in the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler

maimai

- Reach for the Stars
- Rooftop Run: Act1
- City Escape: Act1

maimai GreeN+

- Back 2 Back
- Live & Learn
- Windy Hill -Zone 1

maimai PiNK+

- Fist Bump

maimai DX UNiVERSE+

- Reach for the Stars (Re-Colors)

(Do note that all songs are playable on the current version of maimai DX, but any songs added with the DX versions cannot be played on maimai FiNALE, which is the final version available for the original maimai cabinet prior to the DX release.)

Question: I'm American and maimai DX isn't available in my country!! How can I play it?
Answer: An official release in the USA is planned by SEGA, but it's currently not available. However, some arcades in the USA do have the game installed and connected to the online service. For the good of those arcades, there is no online information about them, else SEGA will find these machines and brick them from Japan. Yes, they can do that. Instead, you will have to ask around your local arcade scene.

Question: Is the whole game as hard as that video?!
Answer: You're watching a professional playing the song on it's hardest difficulty, dummy! If you want to play the game, pick a level and a difficulty that is comfortable for you. Some day, you might think that song is too easy on MASTER difficulty, and seek a greater challenge. Yes, there are higher difficulties, all the way up to level 15.

Question: Can't I just play the game at home?
Answer: There is no home version of the game. Or maybe there is, how wealthy are you?

The source for the release of maimai DX BUDDiES International Ver. was found from the game's official Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/maimaiDX/posts/pfbid0CnPvX6B1sZF83mq9foAdfC2xNzFM48gVQdaguHbtqoZJsuVRpYWHcaECJykWatJxl

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Way Past Cool 2

huh! we have a local maimai cabinet. i ought to try this out myself. must be a decent amount of sonic content in maimai at this point...