Awoo.

Sonic & SEGA Socials: Awesome Winter Holiday Art

Sonictrainer

First we have some awesome art by IDW Artist Deegeemin

GB_KfwfaoAAQddg?format=jpg&name=large

Deegeemin: Wishing everyone Happy Holidays!  

There are so many references in this from the games, shows, and comics...

Next we have some Cool art from the SEGA Twitter

GCLb_JrWEAAz3BV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Happy Holidays from all of us at SEGA!

This art is by ShirotaniArt

Edited by Sonictrainer
  • Nice Smile 3

ADORABLE!!!!!!!! So so so so so many cameos!!!!! Even Hot Honey!!! And Barry elf is so cute!!! And seeing Surge and Kit happy makes me happy too!!! And Shadow with his scarf from TailsTube!!! And Conductor with his wife!!! I can stare at it forever!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH

Edit: And Tails is playing Dream Gear, also from TMoSTH!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

12 hours ago, Lorekitten said:

More 'Murder' cameos... is it becoming canon?

And I guess it's already canon, hooray!

Edited by ShadowForever
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

ADORABLE! Cream being pet by the conductor is TOO CUTE! Red is now in official art too and that's amazing! It's nice they included so many characters! Merry Christmas!

The Christmas Tree alone has lots of Chao Garden references. I see several toys a Chao can play with, unlocked by winning races and karate. The badges they can wear, also by winning races and karate, and the assortment of Chao Fruit you can purchase from the Black Market. I see a Dark Fruit, Triangle Fruit, Square Fruit, Heart Fruit, Chao Fruit and....a Smart Fruit that was never actually used in the game????

I can also see a mini version of the Station Square statue old man. The Tree also has eyes so those guys might want to be careful.

• Nice Smile 1

even most of the outfits are taken from previous Sonic Channel Arts, prototype sketches or IDW issues. There is quite a bit going on here.

These art pieces are great. The first one has so much going on in it. The trees look like a call back to those in Mecha Green Hill Zone too

This is the kind of artwork that makes me love Sonic's huge cast. Just a big part of people having fun. Bit weird Vector isn't here

1 hour ago, ShadowForever said:

THERE THEY ARE

Screenshot_20231226-010649~2.png

and 'they' are?

2 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

And 'they' are?

Hot Honey team! From TMoSTH, that's Amy's favourite band.

(And Mika, I remember her figure from one IDW issue, don't know if she appeared anywhere else)

• Thumbs Up 1

GCN4E5bbcAAaZAC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Deegeemin: Here's a higher resolution version of the drawing for those who want to make this their background! Merry Christmas everyone!

• Nice Smile 1

14 hours ago, ShadowForever said:

THERE THEY ARE

Screenshot_20231226-010649~2.png

And... Are those eyes?!

Screenshot_20231226-011220~2.png

Oh no... Is that SONIC UNIVERSE MIKU AND CHRISTMAS TREE BADNIK?!

• Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

GCN4E5bbcAAaZAC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

There is what looks like a purple plush in the foreground, close to the Flicky. I can't really explain it but....it looks rather....eerie. I'm not sure if it has appearing somewhere else in the franchise.

My only theory is it looks eerie because of a passing resemblance to that Poppy character from Poppy's Playtime? A game I only know exists in passing.

14 minutes ago, Danj86 said:

There is what looks like a purple plush in the foreground, close to the Flicky. I can't really explain it but....it looks rather....eerie. I'm not sure if it has appearing somewhere else in the franchise.

My only theory is it looks eerie because of a passing resemblance to that Poppy character from Poppy's Playtime? A game I only know exists in passing.

It's a character from a show Cream was watching in Sonic X

• Nice Smile 2

3 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:

It's a character from a show Cream was watching in Sonic X

I found a picture of it.

image.png.bf8b5f792062e568466af451472fa21e.png

Seeing as it appears to be the size of Barney The Dinosaur, that makes it look even creepier. It's name is also Next, which feels like an odd name, unless it's a reference to something I'm not seeing.

I have to assume that duck must also be a deep reference. I'm also suspecting that the red grass poking out from the fences on the upper section are a Press Garden Act 2 reference.

Ah! Speaking of the duck, to the very right of it is a familiar looking antennae owned by a character who's debut game is possibly being referenced by that ad visible above the Flicky's head.

Spoiler

image.png.92c450828955d040c0940656a6c6daca.png

I was talking about the Tails Doll antennae and the R Express sign for clarity purposes.

Edited by Danj86

9 hours ago, Danj86 said:

I have to assume that duck must also be a deep reference.

The duck is a Badnik called Peppepe

They only appeared in Sonic Labyrinth.

In fact, Peppepe appears on the US Boxart of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/26/2023 at 3:08 AM, ShadowForever said:

And... Are those eyes?!

Screenshot_20231226-011220~2.png

Those look like the eyes on the Generations style motobugs. IS THE TREE SECRETLY A BADNIK???

On 12/25/2023 at 6:25 PM, Danj86 said:

I can also see a mini version of the Station Square statue old man.

Oh my gosh the burger guy is an ornament! I need one!

• Nice Smile 1