Awoo.

A Very Boring Debug Menu Has Been Discovered in Sonic Superstars

Dreadknux

If you've beaten Sonic Superstars already and are looking for something else to do, don't play something else! Do what this enterprising Sonic fan has done, and fiddle with the game until you find something interesting. And something interesting they did find - a Debug Menu that allows you to select a starting stage and sound test.

The discovery comes from YouTuber 'Kilo', who outlines the steps in the video below. Please bear in mind that, if you've not completed Sonic Superstars just yet and don't want to be spoiled, go away and come back when you've beaten it because there's a few minor details in the video that could ruin things for you.

With that said, here's the video!

To pull off the cheat, you will need to have beaten Story Mode already and be at the main menu. Then, press the following button combination (relative to an Xbox controller - so we assume the relevant keys on a PlayStation or Switch controller will also work, but this has not yet been tested);

X, X, Y, Y, X, X, X, X

You'll then enter a very basic and boxy menu that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination. And from there, you can select a starting stage (which is kind of useless if you've already beaten the game) or play around with the sound test (which is a bit less useless since the Sonic Superstars OST hasn't hit Spotify yet). Hey, at least the menu's blue!

Let us know what you think in the comments below (and be careful, the comments may also be a little spoilerific!).

Sonic News Tips Credit:
sonicclaasic
Original Post Content:
I've just tried It on my Xbox Series X and can confirm It works and should work on other platforms as well.

How to Access Debug Menu 

The requirement is to have beaten story mode.

While on the main menu, press the following button combination for Xbox controller:

X, X, Y, Y, X, X, X, X. You should have access to Debug Menu, which you can select sound test or stage select.

I don't know If the Debug Menu was left for something else maybe like testing the game for bugs etc. Credits to Kilo for discovering the debug menu.

View full story

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

So unless you want clean BGM via Sound Test, this debug menu is pointless as you must clear the story once for this to be unlocked.

It’s not like the debug menu from older games.

Ahh, it'd be really cool if there was Debug Mode like in Classic games! I still love messing up with those. (And yes, how to access it on ps?)

Edited by ShadowForever

3 minutes ago, ShadowForever said:

Ahh, it'd be really cool if there was Debug Mode like in Classic games! I still love messing up with those. (And yes, how to access it on ps?)

if you want playstation check this right here

11 minutes ago, Ratchet25tx said:

Dang, so for Playstation users it should be🟥🟥🔺🔺🟥🟥🟥🟥, right?

Edited by Ratchet25tx
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, sonicclaasic said:

Yes 👍

yay!

Edited by Ratchet25tx
  • Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

So unless you want clean BGM via Sound Test, this debug menu is pointless as you must clear the story once for this to be unlocked.

It’s not like the debug menu from older games.

But still a nice feature to have In someway thought. It might end up getting patch or did they left It In by mistake before the game got released.

does the 4126 code work for all emeralds or is it just freaking there?

Edited by Ratchet25tx

The fact that you need to beat the primary story first tells me this was intended to be in the game, but the absolute barebones presentation tells me it kind of wasn't? Maybe? 

Most games just have a level select and sound test menu out of the box, so this is weird. Cool idea in theory, though. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

The fact that you need to beat the primary story first tells me this was intended to be in the game, but the absolute barebones presentation tells me it kind of wasn't? Maybe? 

Most games just have a level select and sound test menu out of the box, so this is weird. Cool idea in theory, though. 

I think they might have left It In by mistake I believe possibley for testing the game for bugs or something like that. It may end up getting patched but who knows. 

I agree what you said as well 👍

31 minutes ago, Ratchet25tx said:

does the 4126 code work for all emeralds or is it just freaking there?

I don't think so 🤔 They might be a possibility that they could be cheats for Sonic Superstars but who knows thought.

41 minutes ago, sonicclaasic said:

I think they might have left It In by mistake I believe possibley for testing the game for bugs or something like that.

I kinda disagree on that. The fact that they made extra effort to make sure the debug menu works after completing the story tells me this was not left by accident.

It feels like calling this a debug menu is being absolutely generous. Compare it to the Classic games where it showed you positional coordinates and let you spawn in any kind of object, entity or sprite that you want, and while it probably wasn’t the full array of dev tools, it did at least make you feel like you were playing around with a few of them. 

All this gives is a sound test in terms of usefulness, that and I think you can use it to skip Trip’s story entirely and go right to the Super Sonic fight. If it was intended, it not only looks lazy, but it’s barely a debug menu. It’s a glorified stage select with worse presentation.

...I don't think the term "debug menu" is a status symbol, it's not an achievement for a good one to receive this title.

4 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

I kinda disagree on that. The fact that they made extra effort to make sure the debug menu works after completing the story tells me this was not left by accident.

I respect your opinion I thought 🤔 they might have left It by accident.

I think they did that for those who could skip through the whole story and spoil it for the people who haven't played it, or get all achievements done quicker, or something

On 11/2/2023 at 1:47 PM, ShadowForever said:

Uhh, and how to access it on Nintendo Switch? Asking for a friend:)

Y X Y X Y Y Y Y

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I remember Sonic Mania had a debug mode like the original games but more restricted in comparison - sucks that Superstars has none of it (yet?)