Awoo.

Sonic Superstars Plus Ideas

Ratchet25tx

Spoiler

Would be nice if the new gimmick of Eggman broke the time-space and crossed some modern characters with the game. People were asking for Shadow right? Make a reverse Generations situation, where Shadow gets teleported from the future along with someone else such as Rouge, Blaze, Silver, and freakin Cream do something with her for once please.

Maybe they get a new, harder mode, where they have to reach Eggman's gimmick and destroy it in order to return to the present; all of them should have unique moves, obviously, including Shadow who's usually just a Sonic clone.

It would be nice if the new story was like Encore mode with characters used instead of lives, and as you die you lose a character instead (I'm not sure if it would work well with 4 players multiplayer... you could potentially lose 4 lives at once so I don't know... maybe make this story single player exclusive).

Sorry I forgot about spoilers, fixed now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Three main things I would love to see:
1) More returning classic characters. If I can only get one, then give me Mighty. Though a playable Metal Sonic would be pretty sick as well.

2) More skins. I was really expecting skins to have a bigger role in the game based on how many promotions and bonuses revolved around them, but no. Those pretty much are all the skins you get. I'd love to see them add some proper skins, something along the lines of Crash 4 maybe having an unlockable skin every zone depending on what you do within it (Find every gold ring per zone, finish level with 100 rings, whatever).

3) Re-imagined classic zones. Yes, Mania did this too. No, it wasn't that impressive because the levels went from sprite-based and stayed sprite-based. We have a 3d engine now, with proper lighting and foreground/background gimmicks. THAT is what I've been wanting to see remixed levels done with, show us what something like mystic cave would look like using models and an actual lighting engine.

• Thumbs Up 1

The obvious thing, and the one thing which will definitely be in any potential DLC, is more skins and Battle Mode parts.  But nobody's going to buy DLC just for those(?), so they need a better hook.

Additional playable characters is a no-brainer, but the thing is, the way the game is formatted with all characters "sharing" a playthrough... kind of makes me less interested in replaying the game with different characters?  The game doesn't make me start a new save to play with a different character, so I don't feel incentivised to do more than dabble.  So for my purposes I feel like any additional characters would need an additional story mode to show them off.  Fang's Story?  As suggested, Encore Mode would be great; remixed level design, maybe remixed level order, honestly a new colour palette really does work wonders.  Just don't make it another hard campaign!  Arzest really don't know how to do hard, just annoying.

One thing I think would be both interesting and useful would be a Boss Mode - a mode where you can take on individual bosses without having to replay whole acts to get to them.  You could throw in a boss rush as well, of course, but being able to take on any boss at will I think would be a good feature.  Something like Hollow Knight's Godmaster update, basically.

Some of the proposed Plus ideas are the sort of thing Mania added in as part of a free patch that didn't require buying the DLC (zone transitions, a souped-up Metal Sonic boss, etc) so I think fixes for game mechanics or fleshing out things that should've been there in the first place is a given. Stuff like checkpoints for bosses and other fine-tuning to make them less agonizing, if at all possible. 

As far as paid content is concerned, certainly Mighty and Ray ought to have a place here, and I also want to play as the customizable robots in the main game. They'd add a whole ton of value to the medals beyond just multiplayer modes if you're more likely to spend them on parts for characters you'll actually play as. Following that, more robot parts, I guess. Trip's story is already an Encore Mode of sorts, but I won't say "no" to another playthrough with more varied level design and visual variety. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/20/2023 at 2:10 AM, Iko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Would be nice if the new gimmick of Eggman broke the time-space and crossed some modern characters with the game. People were asking for Shadow right? Make a reverse Generations situation, where Shadow gets teleported from the future along with someone else such as Rouge, Blaze, Silver, and freakin Cream do something with her for once please.

Maybe they get a new, harder mode, where they have to reach Eggman's gimmick and destroy it in order to return to the present; all of them should have unique moves, obviously, including Shadow who's usually just a Sonic clone.

It would be nice if the new story was like Encore mode with characters used instead of lives, and as you die you lose a character instead (I'm not sure if it would work well with 4 players multiplayer... you could potentially lose 4 lives at once so I don't know... maybe make this story single player exclusive).

Sorry I forgot about spoilers, fixed now.

Yea, if possible, I'd like to that happen in a way.

On 10/21/2023 at 11:03 AM, LegoFedora said:

Three main things I would love to see:
1) More returning classic characters. If I can only get one, then give me Mighty. Though a playable Metal Sonic would be pretty sick as well.

2) More skins. I was really expecting skins to have a bigger role in the game based on how many promotions and bonuses revolved around them, but no. Those pretty much are all the skins you get. I'd love to see them add some proper skins, something along the lines of Crash 4 maybe having an unlockable skin every zone depending on what you do within it (Find every gold ring per zone, finish level with 100 rings, whatever).

3) Re-imagined classic zones. Yes, Mania did this too. No, it wasn't that impressive because the levels went from sprite-based and stayed sprite-based. We have a 3d engine now, with proper lighting and foreground/background gimmicks. THAT is what I've been wanting to see remixed levels done with, show us what something like mystic cave would look like using models and an actual lighting engine.

I'm on the same boat, man. More Characters, skins, and Battle mode parts

7 hours ago, Salamander said:

The obvious thing, and the one thing which will definitely be in any potential DLC, is more skins and Battle Mode parts.  But nobody's going to buy DLC just for those(?), so they need a better hook.

Additional playable characters is a no-brainer, but the thing is, the way the game is formatted with all characters "sharing" a playthrough... kind of makes me less interested in replaying the game with different characters?  The game doesn't make me start a new save to play with a different character, so I don't feel incentivised to do more than dabble.  So for my purposes I feel like any additional characters would need an additional story mode to show them off.  Fang's Story?  As suggested, Encore Mode would be great; remixed level design, maybe remixed level order, honestly a new colour palette really does work wonders.  Just don't make it another hard campaign!  Arzest really don't know how to do hard, just annoying.

One thing I think would be both interesting and useful would be a Boss Mode - a mode where you can take on individual bosses without having to replay whole acts to get to them.  You could throw in a boss rush as well, of course, but being able to take on any boss at will I think would be a good feature.  Something like Hollow Knight's Godmaster update, basically.

Spoiler

yea, I'd like a Fang's story, but idk if the webcomic counts, but still, I like it

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn’t realize people actually liked Superstars’ bosses to the point that even the thought of a boss rush would enter their mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Technically Inept said:

I didn’t realize people actually liked Superstars’ bosses to the point that even the thought of a boss rush would enter their mind.

Boss Rush for this game? Now there’s an ironic mode name if I’d ever seen one. 🙃

• Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Sonicka said:

Boss Rush for this game? Now there’s an ironic mode name if I’d ever seen one. 🙃

I honestly wasn’t sure why you said that at first, but I think I get it now. Am guessing it has something to do with the “rush” part…

• Nice Smile 1

They're definitely not going to fix the Jun music, so other than that... Honestly, the game's biggest issues are lack of checkpoints between boss phases, too much boss hits, and really slow transitions between attack patterns. Plus the unlock grinding. If they can majorly tone down the tedium, that would be good- but honestly, that should just be a regular balance patch, not a paid DLC... But *sigh* We're inevitably going to get paid DLC, might as well make the game better while they're at it.

I honestly can't think of much else they could change besides making

Spoiler

Dragon Trip

less janky and fixing Knuckles' gliding and climbing... Why did they nerf him?

Spoiler

Trip

is straight up just an upgrade over him and Amy..

I'd also take a version of Super Sonic that can fly around

Spoiler

like in the credits/the Last Boss

in all stages...

18 hours ago, Shade Vortex said:

They're definitely not going to fix the Jun music, so other than that... Honestly, the game's biggest issues are lack of checkpoints between boss phases, too much boss hits, and really slow transitions between attack patterns. Plus the unlock grinding. If they can majorly tone down the tedium, that would be good- but honestly, that should just be a regular balance patch, not a paid DLC... But *sigh* We're inevitably going to get paid DLC, might as well make the game better while they're at it.

I honestly can't think of much else they could change besides making

Hide contents

Dragon Trip

less janky and fixing Knuckles' gliding and climbing... Why did they nerf him?

Hide contents

Trip

is straight up just an upgrade over him and Amy..

I'd also take a version of Super Sonic that can fly around

Hide contents

like in the credits/the Last Boss

in all stages...

yea, I can understand that aspect of it, and a flying Super Sonic would be nice as well.

46 minutes ago, Ratchet25tx said:

yea, I can understand that aspect of it, and a flying Super Sonic would be nice as well.

Yeah, I would want something like that too. They made Super Trip fly, so why not Super Sonic?

20 minutes ago, Spooky Gems said:

Yeah, I would want something like that too. They made Super Trip fly, so why not Super Sonic?

yea, why not no Flying Super Sonic

I was also thinking of different shoes for both battle mode and skins for the characters, like Sonic's soap shoes and Tails's blue shoes