Awoo.

Sonic Superstars Plus Ideas

Ratchet25tx

this topic is just for Sonic Superstars Plus ideas or updates(no spoilers, if so, say they are and put a spoiler warning)

I'd like to see more stages in general. More fruit bonus stages, new acts for the single act zones, and a proper second act for Frozen Base. Would also like to see more modes and stages for Battle Mode.

• Thumbs Up 2

Redone music for a few zones,

Mighty and ray,

Ai in single player zones like encore mode would be nice,

And another act for single act zones.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sadly I don't think they will update the music in the game, but if there is DLC they could do something similar to Frontiers and add DLC stages with remixes? The vibe I got with Frontiers free updates was "add to fix, not fix directly".

As for playable characters, anything with Mighty, Ray or playable Fang and his hooligans, I'd give a shotĀ  at Classic Chaotix too*

*They'd have to be massively redesigned in my opinion, I don't like the Chaotix as they appeared in Knuckles' Chaotix (or Espio in Fighters).

• Thumbs Up 2

It would be nice to see more in-game cutscenes between zones. The transitions feel a little bit inconsequential

Spoiler

And in Trip's Story there's no telling why she's suddenly going against Eggman/Fang or for what purpose? I am guessing it's all supposed to take place after the events of the Main Story but that feels like a bit of a copout.

I'd like to see the single-Act Zones fleshed out with second Acts too.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Roulette mode".

The game loads up random acts accross all stages in a random order, with a random character for each. Every playthrough and replay would be different and fresh.

Go all out on fan service, and have the phantom ruby be the cause of all the mayhem.

Skin wise (which is clearly meant to be the cash cow) just give me 16 bit pixel ones, or even deeper, an 8 bit pixel Sonic 1 and 2 Sonic / Tails / Eggman. Battle mode give me an eggrobo.

Ā 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'd like to see some extra skins for the game, like Adventure skins for the boys. More playable characters such as Fang, Mighty, Ray, Metal Sonic(in the story mode), your custom bot(Could be a skin for metal if not), and maybe Bean the Dynamite.Ā 

49 minutes ago, Dreadknux said:

It would be nice to see more in-game cutscenes between zones. The transitions feel a little bit inconsequential

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

And in Trip's Story there's no telling why she's suddenly going against Eggman/Fang or for what purpose? I am guessing it's all supposed to take place after the events of the Main Story but that feels like a bit of a copout.

I'd like to see the single-Act Zones fleshed out with second Acts too.

same for me too. More cutscenes and Act Sonic etc. 2 levels would be cool. I'd also would like to see Mecha Sonic and his scrapnik parts in Battle Mode as well.Ā 

Don't make one.

Sonic Mania Plus was a nice novelty, Sonic Origins Plus felt almost last minute, we don't need another Plus addon. Just make a game and release it without needing to add more onto it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Off the top of my head from the initial play-though:Ā 

• Zone Transitions - these are mostly nugatory at present, having a singleĀ asset present from the next zone for sonic to fall into or through does not a zone transition make. Sometimes they don'tĀ even happenĀ (Golden Capital -> Cyber Station... Ā I don't even understand the context of what is happening here).Ā 
    Ā Ā 
  • That multiplayer mode zoomed out camera... make that the 1 Player mode camera please, we're a little too zoomed in for my comfort.Ā 
    Ā 
  • Reduce the shop amount currency for robot parts.Ā 
    Ā 
  • Either hire Tee Lopes to replace the worst of theĀ existing soundtrack, or provide a jukebox option please like Frontiers.
    Ā 
  • Patch up Act 1 -> 2Ā transitions.Ā On PS4Pro there is a weirdĀ delay / slowness before Act 2 begins.Ā 
    Ā 
  • Is voxel sonic unlockable as a skin? If not, please make it so :)Ā 
    Ā 
  • More skins -Ā retro, modern, prime, movie...Ā go nuts, Arzest.Ā 
    Ā 
  • More characters -Ā Ray and Mighty seem like the obviousĀ choice here,Ā but Nack would also be an excellent shoe-in. Have a redemption arcĀ or villain perspective story for fun.
    Ā 
  • Could we have extraĀ clarity on what's going on with some of the in game cutscenes? I appreciate that we have some simple cueĀ storytelling, but IĀ immediately understood the context behind Eggman's betrayal to Knuckles in S3&K. I don't understand what is going on withĀ Trip for most of this game -Ā why sheĀ is helping Eggman and Nack initially? Why doesĀ she turnĀ on them halfway through the main story? How do they get to Cyberstation? etc... etc... Maybe moreĀ cinematics or animations like they provided for SonicĀ Origins would do the job.Ā 
    Ā 
  • Flesh out the singleĀ actĀ Zones by adding anĀ Act 2 / fruit / characterĀ Act.Ā Ā 
    Ā 
  • Adjust accelerationĀ speed and weight ofĀ characters, presently these are too slow / heavy.Ā 
    Ā 
  • Add more details to the backgrounds of the zones. These are presently lifeless or empty and cheaply disguised by the lens blur.Ā Ā 
    Ā 
  • Completely new types of Special Stages OR make it so that the current ones are actually skill based instead of luck.Ā 
    Ā 
  • Tone down some of these bosses, especially those with one hit kills or the ones that are prolonged (looking at you, Nack).Ā 
    Ā 

A lot of these make it sound like I just want improvement patches to be able to enjoy the game... and you'd be somewhat right. I think we have a good baseline 2D game here at heart, so a DLC with more content alongside free patchwork would be awesome. XDĀ 

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I would also love to speculate ideas for a Modern 2D game someday.

yes, I love that idea of a modern 2D game, but unfortunately its called "most of Sonic forces' levels" lol.

Ā 

13 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

Don't make one.

Sonic Mania Plus was a nice novelty, Sonic Origins Plus felt almost last minute, we don't need another Plus addon. Just make a game and release it without needing to add more onto it.

I can understand that, but what if it was an update roadmap like Frontiers?(though Superstars Plus does sound like a good idea too)

• Thumbs Up 2

I would like to see encore mode as well, and extra acts for single act zones. Maybe make the bosses easier, too.

Maybe for the multiplayer battle mode, have the characters Heavy and Bomb be added to that. Those are from Knucklesā€™ Chaotix, by the way.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, Spooky Gems said:

I would like to see encore mode as well, and extra acts for single act zones. Maybe make the bosses easier, too.

Maybe for the multiplayer battle mode, have the characters Heavy and Bomb be added to that. Those are from Knucklesā€™ Chaotix, by the way.

I like that idea for Encore mode and Heavy and Bomb being added as Robot parts

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ratchet25tx said:

I like that idea for Encore mode and Heavy and Bomb being added as Robot parts

Glad you do. An encore mode would be good, (just make it not too difficult, as the game is already difficult) and we have not seen Heavy and Bomb for a whileā€¦

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, Spooky Gems said:

Glad you do. An encore mode would be good, (just make it not too difficult, as the game is already difficult) and we have not seen Heavy and Bomb for a whileā€¦

I think Encore Mode should be harder but you keep all the emeralds and collect the Super Emeralds for Hyper Sonic to fight something big, or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ratchet25tx said:

I think Encore Mode should be harder but you keep all the emeralds and collect the Super Emeralds for Hyper Sonic to fight something big, or something.

I can deal with the difficulty, though I said it should not be too difficult. It can still be harder, of course.

And I love your idea with the Super Emeralds! I would love to play as Hyper Sonic again in a Sonic game!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Spooky Gems said:

I can deal with the difficulty, though I said it should not be too difficult. It can still be harder, of course.

And I love your idea with the Super Emeralds! I would love to play as Hyper Sonic again in a Sonic game!

Glad you liked it. Every thing sonic should have some love

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ratchet25tx said:

Glad you liked it. Every thing sonic should have some love

Agreed. Very well much agreed. Plus, there is the potential for more lore building, too.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ratchet25tx said:

yes, I love that idea of a modern 2D game, but unfortunately its called "most of Sonic forces' levels" lol.

What I meant is Advance 4, what we got is Colors/Forces yeah. I would even take a 2D mobile game in the vein of Rayman Jungle Run or Sonic Runners (with stages and not endless), because if they made one it would likely be a short and low budget title sadly. I do think right now Superstars is the most high budget 2D game we got.

Superstars will get paid DLC I'm also confident.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

What I meant is Advance 4, what we got is Colors/Forces yeah. I would even take a 2D mobile game in the vein of Rayman Jungle Run or Sonic Runners (with stages and not endless), because if they made one it would likely be a short and low budget title sadly. I do think right now Superstars is the most high budget 2D game we got.

Superstars will get paid DLC I'm also confident.

oh, lol. I do agree with this, although, and I do hope that it gets DLC in general,which it kinda has been with the digital deluxe, Comic skins(BTW where the heck are they here in the US other than Kroger?), and LEGO skins.

8 minutes ago, Ratchet25tx said:

oh, lol. I do agree with this, although, and I do hope that it gets DLC in general,which it kinda has been with the digital deluxe, Comic skins(BTW where the heck are they here in the US other than Kroger?), and LEGO skins.

I hope it's more substantial than that, remixed stages and new characters. Also I wouldn't mind it explaining a bit more lore (something the game does a bad job with). Except... if they made me pay 15 for skins to upgrade to digital deluxe, I wonder how high are they gonna price whatever the meaty DLC would be. Nintendo for 20-25 gives whole new games basically.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I hope it's more substantial than that, remixed stages and new characters. Also I wouldn't mind it explaining a bit more lore (something the game does a bad job with). Except... if they made me pay 15 for skins to upgrade to digital deluxe, I wonder how high are they gonna price whatever the meaty DLC would be. Nintendo for 20-25 gives whole new games basically.

ya, what's up with the extra $15 for some skins? I see where you're coming from, and I agree on it, but I'd love to see some skins that come with the updates too.

I justĀ stole from a status updateĀ Ā had an idea for potential DLC villains, what if...

Even though I'm not a fan of some of these designs, I like the Witch's one a lot

FhtXgyoXEAIUBFa.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Red Hot Jack said:

I justĀ stole from a status updateĀ Ā had an idea for potential DLC villains, what if...

Even though I'm not a fan of some of these designs, I like the Witch's one a lot

FhtXgyoXEAIUBFa.jpeg

that would be decent for superstars extra villains, NGL.