Awoo.

Superstars DLC and New game in 2024

castell-neath

Found this when looking for DLC info on superstars, very intetesting!!

Originally found via 

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-sonic-superstars-getting-dlc-in-2024-new-game-next-holiday/

Wonder what the new game will be?! 2d? 3d?? 

Imagine the prologue to be similar to the superstars one

Also, im still at a loss to finding out if i can upgrade my physical copy of superstars to get the digital deluxe dlc, but this seems a bit better to find out. Lol

Sonic-Superstars-DLC-new-game-2024-1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, castell-neath said:

Also, im still at a loss to finding out if i can upgrade my physical copy of superstars to get the digital deluxe dlc, but this seems a bit better to find out. Lol

According to the SEGA Asia website, yes you should be able to do this. Listings for the Deluxe upgrade probably won't exist until the game is officially out on Tuesday, however.

Anyway... I wouldn't be surprised to see Superstars some post-launch DLC. But is there any reason to trust this rumour? 

• Fist Bump 1

30 minutes ago, Spooky Gems said:

Wait, did Sonic Origins not get DLC aside from the Plus expansion?

I was honestly assuming the Plus expansion would be the final (and only) DLC for Origins. If there is potentially more on the way, I'm holding out for Chaotix, Genesis Spinball or maybe 3D Blast...

Just now, joe_schmoe99 said:

I was honestly assuming the Plus expansion would be the final DLC for Origins. If there is potentially more on the way, I'm holding out for Chaotix, Genesis Spinball or maybe 3D Blast...

I assumed so, too.

And oh yeah! I would love those games! Add SegaSonic Arcade and Sonic the Fighters, and we have a winner!

• Fist Bump 1

48 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Anyway... I wouldn't be surprised to see origins some post-launch DLC. But is there any reason to trust this rumour? 

The article links back to Reddit, which deep in the comments links it back to this tweet, which itself allegedly derives from 4chan:

• Too Many Rings 1

So since some news articles did start covering this presentation, I'll probably have to provide some additional info. It's not much and I'm not sure if this proves its legitimacy or not.

The actual presentation doesn't have anything noteworthy outside of that last one that lists what they have for 2024. I'd argue some points of that doc can look like something that could be faked, but checking the metadata/document properties, it has 2 things:
1) It was created in July 21st, 2023
2) The author is listed as a person named Anoulay Tsai

You can google that name and find her linkedin page, and under "Work experience" one of the jobs that's listed is Director/Head of Licensing at Sega of America. So this may prove that it might actually be a legit presentation.

Now there are 2 things that could still lead it to be fake - one of them being that you can edit metadata. While this is true, I kinda don't believe this to be the case purely because I don't expect random 4chan dude google the director of licensing and get Anoulay Tsai instead of a current director, which would be Alexander Gomez. Or hell, could've easily used Mike Cisneros for it.

Now the other thing is what I've kinda been alluding in the previous paragraph and can be used as a more concrete reason why this could be fake (but again, not too sure about that) - Anoulay Tsai hasn't been at SoA since December 2019, she has been at Netflix for 3 years and is currently at AWS since November 2022. The presentation was made long after she left the company. So that could lead to one of 2 conclusions, it's either
- SEGA of America didn't clean up the credentials for the next Director of Licensing to this day, which I'd find kind of amateurish, but there is just a chance that IT people didn't do it properly, or
- it's a somewhat elaborate fake with edited metadata to make it look like it's from the Head of Licensing at SoA and somehow choosing the one that hasn't worked at SEGA for 4 years.

Now I don't know if I can share the actual pdf file here, one of the replies under the tweet did have a link, but it's been deactivated because it's a litterbox link, it self-destructs after a certain amount of time. But I can provide the metadata/document properties I got through Acrobat Reader.

image.png.6e14818bbc3ddc3d71120ca26cddee1a.png

Here's also a couple more slides from the presentation that I think are somewhat interesting, but again, there's not much overall.
Brand Drivers and Consumer Segments slide

Audience Demographics slide

As for where I stand - I'll go Team Real. Yeah, the whole author and date correlation is a bit sus, but I can't see random person getting out of their way to look for the Head of Licensing only to get someone who hasn't worked in the company for 4 years, and I can definitely see SoA not completely cleaning up the work PC from their previous employee.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • My Emmerdoods 1
  • Confused 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

So, where did they say that Sonic Origins/Plus was getting new DLC? I mean, I think it was just the expansion pack that is its Sonic Origins Plus things, and Sonic Frontiers had three updates as DLC, if you can even call those updates DLC. I am not sure if we are getting anything more from Sonic Origins.

8 minutes ago, Spooky Gems said:

So, where did they say that Sonic Origins/Plus was getting new DLC? I mean, I think it was just the expansion pack that is its Sonic Origins Plus things, and Sonic Frontiers had three updates as DLC, if you can even call those updates DLC. I am not sure if we are getting anything more from Sonic Origins.

Origins already got DLC in the form of Plus. I made a typo in my previous post said Origins when I meant to say Superstars. There's no reason to think that there'll be any further Origins DLC. 

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Origins already got DLC in the form of Plus. I made a typo in my previous post said Origins when I meant to say Superstars. There's no reason to think that there'll be any further Origins DLC. 

Oh, okay then. Thanks for clarifying.

16 hours ago, Bobnik said:

Here's also a couple more slides from the presentation that I think are somewhat interesting, but again, there's not much overall.

Brand Drivers and Consumer Segments slide

Audience Demographics slide

Honestly these are pretty fascinating.  Interesting that Sonic has such a gender-balanced audience, which perhaps tells you something about why we've seen more female characters break into the boys' club lately.  "Edgy yet safe" makes me chuckle, but it's completely true and there's nothing wrong with that, either.  Well worth paying attention to.