Awoo.

Kazuyuki Hoshino Shares Unedited 2005 Shadow the Hedgehog Video Game Concept Art

sonicclaasic

shadow-the-hedgehog-concept-art-large-14

https://soahcity.com/2023/08/22/kazuyuki-hoshino-shares-unedited-2005-shadow-the-hedgehog-video-game-concept-art/

We recently decided to post concept art of the 2005 Shadow the Hedgehog video game as part of our standard Sonic art posts for our social media pages. The concept art in question has only been available in relatively low quality, included in the Shadow the Hedgehog: Prima Official Game Guide. Kazuyuki Hoshino, the creative director for the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, responded to us sharing the original unedited concept art.

It seems in the original piece, Shadow is facing left, as alluded by Hoshino. This original concept art depicts Shadow the Hedgehog wielding a pistol, moving off to face some threat with determination and attitude.

This peek behind the curtain by someone involved in the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise shows an insight that many fans are appreciative for as well as the good nature in which it has been shared and joked about.

Wow that concept art of Shadow here looks awesome by Kazuyuki Hoshino. 

• Thumbs Up 2

That is pretty cool to be fair. 

Shadow was such a missed opportunity, drop the gun and bike elements and add a few speed sections instead and it could have been a great game. Doubt it will ever get a re-release so feel pretty lucky to have played it on ps2 back in 2004/05

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, castell-neath said:

That is pretty cool to be fair. 

Shadow was such a missed opportunity, drop the gun and bike elements and add a few speed sections instead and it could have been a great game. Doubt it will ever get a re-release so feel pretty lucky to have played it on ps2 back in 2004/05

I've played this myself way back In the PS2 era like you mentioned. It's one of those memorable games that I enjoyed playing. I hope 🙏 someday It gets some sort of remastered.

• Fist Bump 1