Awoo.

Sonic balloon at the Bristol Balloon Fiesta!

castell-neath
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Classic 1990s Sonic the Hedgehog Balloon Returns to Bristol's Balloon Fiesta at some point.

Dreadknux
This post was recognized by Dreadknux!

castell-neath was awarded the badge 'Sonic News Tipster' and 30 points.

If anyone in the UK is living the South West of England / South East Wales and decide to go / thinking of going to the 45th annual Bristol Balloon Fiesta this year, you're in for a Sonic treat as the Sonic Balloon is there this year! 

Its on until Sunday, but the Sonic balloon was inflated today (Thursday) for the 6pm ascent (which was cancelled due to the winds)but hopefully it will be up and floating again before the fiesta ends on Sunday. Fingers crossed it geta inflated again Sat eve for the ascent and I can get a snap of him over Clifton suspension bridge (lol!) when I go myself.

Its a free event, with shuttle buses running from Bristol Temple Meads to make it eaay to get to

Screenshot_20230810_214450_X.jpg

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

• The title was changed to Sonic balloon at the Bristol Balloon Fiesta!

I would go to that Sonic event In a heart beat If I live there a little closer. I'm loving that classic Sonic balloon In that picture It's giving me that 90's vibes feelings again.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is such a fantastic thing to see - it's clearly the original 1990s balloon as well because you can see the faint 'ghosting' of where the eyes used to be (on a first pass of the balloon's production, Sonic's eyes were much higher up).

I have such fond memories of seeing this balloon in newspapers, magazines, and once or twice in person as a kid because I have family in Bristol and used to go down there... I was actually in Bristol the other weekend and my family mentioned the Fiesta to me and I was like "oh they'll never have that old balloon come back". Haha how wrong I was! :goof:

• Thumbs Up 1

• The topic was featured

There's another balloon festival coming up in Northampton next weekend. I live there and I'll keep an eye out for Sonic there as well.