Awoo.

Dreadknux
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into New 2D Classic Sonic Platformer Sonic Superstars Announced at some point.

If mods within Mania itself, fan games, and rom hacks didn't exist, then it would be a true loss to not have a followup!!  With all of those, the lack of a folloup basically just keeps Sonic Mania special for what it is!! 

If mods, fan games and rom hacks didn't exist we probably wouldn't of gotten Mania period so uh

• Thumbs Up 2

So unbelievably late but I cracked a huge grin when I saw Splats. I'm so happy he wasn't a one off deal in Mania, all of the badniks here look great too. And not a single Bubbles in sight. This is catching up to be some pure 2D goodness long as the levels later on are solid.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nintendoga said:

So unbelievably late but I cracked a huge grin when I saw Splats. I'm so happy he wasn't a one off deal in Mania, all of the badniks here look great too. And not a single Bubbles in sight. This is catching up to be some pure 2D goodness long as the levels later on are solid.

With the whole Colors/Episode II/Lost World/Mario angle of half old half new enemies going on, I'm dismayed at there being no Motobug in sight, with a model that finally nails Ohshima's look and all, even though the other members of the GHZ Trio (who cares about Newtron) are there. It won't be classic badniks without him, and I say this in spite of feeling Bridge Island should've had (if not should have) brand new enemies as well like the frog and missile pig.

I said before, this calls to mind the beta demo of Generations 3DS, where a synth remix Doomsday Zone was made just for the Big Arms fight there, to cover for Cash Cash's remix of the actual final battle theme. 

I have to wonder if this was actually a piece Jun had composed for Episode 3 that would've been done by Sega Studios Australia before they went under.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Fadel being a hype guy aside, he's the only guy who's played it that's actually taken the time to comment on the music. That's an immediately more trustworthy source than posturing about what it could be based on vague points given.

I'm not saying he's lying nor that he has any reason to, but, you know, the dude overreacts a lot. I'll wait untill SEGA themselves start uploading the tracks on YT like they usually do.

7 hours ago, Jango said:

I'm not saying he's lying nor that he has any reason to, but, you know, the dude overreacts a lot.

Opinions on how he reacts to stuff doesn't constitute grounds of his accuracy on whether or not the music he heard was it or not.

This would be a matter of whether or not he's lying, because he's giving a definite statement on the presence of a music track. That's simple fact over opinion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Crazy how an own self admitted “well designed” boss interaction that left them feeling accomplished was still spun around as a bad thing for them. 

That site has gotta be run by trolls lol.

• Absolutely 2

What a weird way to frame a game for simply having a difficulty curve.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Dark Souls of Sonic games.

BTW, this game won't have lifes, I assume? Could be a demo only thing, but I wouldn't mind this not-so-modern-anymore change tbf.

Maybe they could add a "retro" and "modern" mode like Crash 4 did just for the sake of it. 

Oh and I wonder what all the currency in this game can buy... We have medals and fruits so far. Skins? Extra BGM? I hope the game is meaty, because 60 bucks is a bit much IMO. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, straight from the horse's mouth. We now know for certain that the physics of the game, likely aren't going to be a problem. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Frankly I think we have had enough impressions and visual proof to confirm that, yes the physics are accurate and thus we don’t need to worry about that at least, so we can focus more on the level design and if it takes advantage of that 

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know

I'm just saying....

People could port the Generations level to Superstars....

That'd be cool with these physics.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Frankly I think we have had enough impressions and visual proof to confirm that, yes the physics are accurate and thus we don’t need to worry about that at least, so we can focus more on the level design and if it takes advantage of that 

You'd be surprised how persistent the Doubting Thomas' could be.

14 minutes ago, DaBigJ said:

Y'know

I'm just saying....

People could port the Generations level to Superstars....

That'd be cool with these physics.

Given the modding community, it's honestly only a matter of time.

So great to have this iconic duo on top of things.

• Fist Bump 1

I wonder if this will end up a reverse Sonic 4 for them. Instead of "crap we shouldn't have called that Sonic 4 everyone hates it", with all the positive reception and excitement for this title, and if it ends up being excellent on release, they will look at it and go "crap we should have called this Sonic 5" 😅

• Absolutely 2

5 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Did we ever leave?

Personally, I had. Haven't felt this good about a Sonic game since Mania, so, 6 years ago.

Also, this shit slaps:

True "SEGA, hire this guy" moment.

No, but seriously, amazing talent. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

Here is an interesting, possibly important thing.

"Public demo"

Dataminers:

41KgJz2QMCL._SLDPMOBCAROUSELAUTOCROP288221_MCnd_AC_SR462693_.jpg.63e4e9d102274a5a8678c83ba2f5741e.jpg

i hope so if it's true but maybe they won't leave the entire game in the public demos for coders to get into.

• Thumbs Up 1