Awoo.

Your character direction

goodone121

I don't know how it would do if they didn't relate Shadow to Gerald. I personally think that it's a big part of what makes Shadow who he is. I don't think they expect you to take it more serious than a blue hedgehog running at the speed of sound tho, but that's just me.

But what I do know is that they could've done better than to muck up what he already had in his own game. I mean an alien invasion is one thing, but relating Shadow to an alien race is adding on junk that really wasn't necessary in the first place.

Personally, I would do some SERIOUS character tidying and reformation, and boot all extranious cast members out of the series with immediate effect. The ten Sonic characters that would be staying are...

Sonic (Yeah, well... obviously!)

Tails (Though he seems like a bit of a brown-nosing little douche in the games, his Sonic X portrayal is nothing less than brilliant; that means he stays, but with a more grown-up attitide - and I'd also make hime less of a kiss-ass!)

Shadow (ONLY under the conditions that he is made more angsty, snappy, and that he uses more witty sarcasm. Also, he needs to be a chick-magnet... don't ask me why, I'd just like it that way)

Knuckles (With supreme regrets, this decidedly pointless character would have to stay in the series; not only due to his extreme popularity, but also due to the fact that Sonic's little gang wouldn't be complete without him - there's always room for a comedic blithering idiot in the series!)

Eggman (Let's face it; Eggman RULES! That facial hair is simply magnificent, and the superbly idiotic robots that he make just complete the series)

Rouge (As a tempting love intrest for Knuckles, and for the fact that she is also Shadow's only good friend)

Silver (Great rival to both Sonic and Shadow, with SO MANY unexplored backstory possibilities, and exquisite character design)

Blaze (Nothing less than THE BEST female Sonic character, and a very underrated member of cast in general)

Black Doom (*prepares criticism shield* What? Without him, there are WAY TOO MANY good guys, and his relations with Shadow could make for some interesting game ideas)

Sally Acorn (For my sick fettish with anthro squirrels Primarily for the fact that she is a great distraction for Sonic, - DAMN, that came out wrong - but also that she would make a superb character to play as)

Of course, the robots and standard enemies/ NPCs (such as the Freedom Fighters from the Archie comics) will be there, but those are the main 10. The rest can just... go die somewhere...

• Bad Quality Post 2

I had some ideas about a Shadow creation fanfic, since that part of the story was always confusing. In the story Gerald would be a scientist obsessed with finding the ultimate life, after he discovers an Echidna religion that worshiped a creature called Chaos. After failing to create Chaos in experiments, his Echidna records (think Aztec sun stone) lead him to believe that "a creature in harmony with forces of Chaos" occurs in nature every few ages, and that he's living in one of these ages. The sources (especially the S3&K mural) point to that life taking the form of a hedgehog. He decides to force the natural process on the ARK, and isn't successful until he gets his hands on advanced genetics via Black Doom. What this story would do in addition to explain Shadow's creation, is hint to us that Sonic is basically the perfect life of the new age, like Chaos who Knuckles' ancestors worshiped. With Sonic and Shadow there would be two of them. I dunno if that's too large a stretch for people, defining Sonic like that. But I think it makes Gerald's purpose more clear if he's got this scientific obsession with finding the perfect lifeform. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

I had some ideas about a Shadow creation fanfic, since that part of the story was always confusing. In the story Gerald would be a scientist obsessed with finding the ultimate life, after he discovers an Echidna religion that worshiped a creature called Chaos. After failing to create Chaos in experiments, his Echidna records (think Aztec sun stone) lead him to believe that "a creature in harmony with forces of Chaos" occurs in nature every few ages, and that he's living in one of these ages. The sources (especially the S3&K mural) point to that life taking the form of a hedgehog. He decides to force the natural process on the ARK, and isn't successful until he gets his hands on advanced genetics via Black Doom. What this story would do in addition to explain Shadow's creation, is hint to us that Sonic is basically the perfect life of the new age, like Chaos who Knuckles' ancestors worshiped. With Sonic and Shadow there would be two of them. I dunno if that's too large a stretch for people, defining Sonic like that. But I think it makes Gerald's purpose more clear if he's got this scientific obsession with finding the perfect lifeform. :P

That is a FUCKING AWESOME idea! You should be the official writer of the storylines for the games/ cartoons/ comics ect.

Seriously, that just rules.

I don't know how it would do if they didn't relate Shadow to Gerald. I personally think that it's a big part of what makes Shadow who he is. I don't think they expect you to take it more serious than a blue hedgehog running at the speed of sound tho, but that's just me.

You seem to be somewhat misunderstanding what I mean by "seriously". Sonic is meant to be taken more as a fairytale sort of character, You take him seriously as a character in that he's not some kind of joke like Towelie, Sonic is meant to be enjoyed for non Ironic reasons. Shadow seems to be taken seriously in much the same way as soft science fiction, as though he's meant to be something that could actually happen.

And that bit of fanon about Gerald getting the inspiration for Shadow from the mural prophesying The Doomsday Zone has been around for years.

^ It's true that the mural theory's been around a while. I heard it first here anyways. That plus Gerald's other work, along with Shadow's insistence that Sonic isn't a regular hedgehog is what gave me the above story.

It's more of a comic book kind of story, I'm not sure the game characters should get so deep. I get what you mean about taking the characters seriously, but I always felt that Sonic could potentially support a story, like a Spider-Man cartoon or something. Where it's a little more than just "bad guy fights good guy", but not meant to be taken to levels of seriousness. It's hard to strike that kind of balance, especially when your story is told through game releases two years apart. Then again, maybe I feel this way because I read a lot of Archie growing up.

You seem to be somewhat misunderstanding what I mean by "seriously".

Oh. I thought you meant serious as in "serious" serious like you see in most sci-fi. My fault.

That's the distinction - Shadow's backstory is basically science fiction, it explains why he he's able to do what he does. As far as I know, he's the only character to have this trait. The problem is they're cramming characters from different story genres into one. It's like having dragons and cloned dinosaurs in the same story.

Edited by Phos

Is it really the sci-fi though? Sonic's got plenty of sci-fi elements, Robotnik uses robots and space stations and all that. In a way I wonder if when they went 3D they also came into telling their own stories. The Death Egg was cool, but it deliberately played off the Death Star, it was a gimmicky idea. They really started laying the Sonic mythology on thick with the Chaos storyline, and maybe they were a little lost. Basic story didn't fail in the classic age because it was so simple. Metal was a robot Sonic, nothing more complicated than that, though if they wanted to follow any model at all, they should've stuck with the feeling of the OVA, which was out before SA1.

But yeah, the sci-fi's been there. For Shadow you just need to switch the techno Eggman stuff for the bio Gerald business. Shadow started as another "evil" Sonic like Metal did. I think it was the delivery that ruined it.

Is Shadow even popular anymore? It's not like anybody really likes him. He's the buttmonkey of the series.

Ehh, these are the same people who hate 3d Sonic after Adventure 2. It's not like he's the buttmonkey, he's the wolverine of the series. Amy Rose and Cream are the butt monkeys because everyone hates them.

I still dont think you're grasping my point- You can consider Knuckles and Tails main characters, even Amy Rose, they've been there since the legacy titles.

I consider SA2 a legacy title since it outsold Sonic 3 and Knuckles in the Gamecube version.
But you see- Shadow came in and just started stealing everyone else's thunder! It isn't jealousy, I'm not jealous of Shadow in any way- I just think he's more interesting when he isn't in everything- like for example, if maybe they took him out after SA2 and threw him back in a few years later with "The Grand Reintroduction of Shadow the Hedgehog" instead of putting him in every canon game except for Unleashed which sucked anyway, he might actually have the image SEGA is blatantly going for for him.
Well considering the guy who created Shadow is or was the head director of Sonic Team why act so surprised? Anyway it's not like Shadow has stolen everyones spotlight, he's just more fitted for plot related games than anyone else, Shadow is more character driven and has more character than anyone else in the series, when you look at it, Shadow is Sonic Teams anwser to appeal to the Anime crowd. Which is way Sonic Fans draw so much fan art and fan fics because Shadow has brought a sense of progression to the character direction that isn't stale or generic. You should be thankful, without Shadow, the fanbase would have been this big and the games wouldn't have ended up cash cow titles like Mario and Kirby.

(By the way, I think you also misunderstood my "But thats ruining that repuation" as meaning Shadow is ruining SEGA's reputation by appearing in everything, but it meant Shadow being in everything is ruining his shadowy reputation.)

How is he ruining anything, Sonic had a reputation when Shadow was introduced, when it was Heroes time, the repuation started to slowly ruin itself. It's Sonic's image that matters mostly, not his rival.

Ehh, these are the same people who hate 3d Sonic after Adventure 2. It's not like he's the buttmonkey, he's the wolverine of the series. Amy Rose and Cream are the butt monkeys because everyone hates them.

Amy and Cream both have plenty of fans. Honestly I wouldn't really consider any character the 'buttmonkey' of the series. Almost every character has fan bases of differing sizes and probably even more people who are indifferent to them. There's not really a case of a character being universally hated. I would argue in fact that the more popular a character is the more people who will hate them, so the good and the bad seem to go up together.

Amy and Cream both have plenty of fans. Honestly I wouldn't really consider any character the 'buttmonkey' of the series. Almost every character has fan bases of differing sizes and probably even more people who are indifferent to them.

I would have thrown Big under that bus, but his base seems to have swelled up like a balloon recently. God, post SA1 Big would have fit that bill perfectly.

Today, I would almost put Cream in that category, but she redeemed some of her value in Rush....

Of course, the only reason everybody loves Big now is because I do, and nobody wants to see me angry. <3

I'll take that risk. I still despise that purple blimp with a passion. I do recognize the value of him popping up in the background for lolz, but I had to go wash down my scotch with some more scotch when he was confirmed playable for S&SASR.... I still havent gotten over that. <_< They banked on the wrong purple kitty.

Chronicles didnt do his IQ any favors either. For all the talk Bioware put into increasing his capacity, I think he actually got dumber, which in a way, is quite an accomplishment.

Edited by Sega DogTagz
  • Thumbs Up 1

Of course, the only reason everybody loves Big now is because I do, and nobody wants to see me angry. <3

Hahah, riiight. I still don't like Big. Nothing you can do about that without getting shot, chopped up, and nuked. :P

Okay, but seriouslu, he's really improved to me, mainly because he can actually do more than just fish around for a frog with a Chaos Emerald. He was nothing and was turned into something. And because of that, I feel that EVERY character can have a role in any game at any time, and no character is ever "unneeded" or "doesn't fit" in the series.

So even if I don't like Big, he can actually be used for something useful. And if Big can be used for something useful, then certainly so can Shadow, Rouge, Cream, Amy and others outside of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

It's still quite a surprise how his fanbase has expanded. It's among the fastest growing ones along with Shadow's and Sonic's (of course).

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh, Big, what an ill conceived character.

Is it really the sci-fi though? Sonic's got plenty of sci-fi elements, Robotnik uses robots and space stations and all that. In a way I wonder if when they went 3D they also came into telling their own stories. The Death Egg was cool, but it deliberately played off the Death Star, it was a gimmicky idea. They really started laying the Sonic mythology on thick with the Chaos storyline, and maybe they were a little lost. Basic story didn't fail in the classic age because it was so simple. Metal was a robot Sonic, nothing more complicated than that, though if they wanted to follow any model at all, they should've stuck with the feeling of the OVA, which was out before SA1.

But yeah, the sci-fi's been there. For Shadow you just need to switch the techno Eggman stuff for the bio Gerald business. Shadow started as another "evil" Sonic like Metal did. I think it was the delivery that ruined it.

Perhaps Eggman's stuff is a tad Sci Fi, but it has a more cartoony nature to it.

'Eh, I've heard that the term is "Science Fantasy." Most plots in the series revolve heavily around "sci-fi" elements, ever since the start, but many are quite fantastical in nature, as well. Actually, to be frank, I'd have to say that the series started off more sci-fi with Sonic 3 introducing us to the more "fantasy" world linking back to the ancient Echidna civilization. Cartoony, maybe, but that coincides with "sci-fi" and "fantasy." Something can look realistic and be either sci-fi or fantasy, and something can look cartoony but still be either one.

Here are my thoughts on my ideal characterization for the cast that I wrote a while back:

Sonic: I wish to see Sonic as he's described in the lyrics of "It Doesn't Matter" and in the narrative of Sonic and the Black Knight. He doesn't battle tyranny and evil because he knows what's right or wrong; he only fights because he just wants himself and others to live life to the fullest and he won't permit the existence or action of anything or anyone that may prevent them from doing so. I think the worst incarnation for him is how he is portrayed in Sonic 06. His heart may be in the right place, but there he's a cliched, flawless superhero and someone who holds himself back, what I feel is the opposite of what he should be.

Tails: Tails' character in Sonic Adventure is pretty much what I feel he should be like. He had a brother-like relationship with Sonic; he looks up to Sonic, yet they still had an argument or two. He also showed development of his independence. But I also liked his portrayal in Chronicles; he was intelligent and isn't ashamed to admire his enemy, opposed as he may be. All I can say is that I'd like to see Tails as someone who is useful and helpful to Sonic and looks up to him, but is still independent enough that he doesn't follow him like he has nothing better to do.

Knuckles: Sadly, the last time I think I've seen Knuckles with an admirable character is in SA2. I think Knuckles is supposed to be an embodiment of dedication and responsibility. He's tied to his duty: guardian of the Master Emerald. Yet he's just sort of been hanging around for no reason; the Master Emerald hasn't even had an important role since SA2. (Excluding spinoffs.) I just think that even if he was an early character in the series, he shouldn't be a main one if it isn't necessary. Hell, he had absolutely no reason to be in Sonic 06. I think he peaked in the Adventure games (mainly SA1); he had virtually no business other than the one he's supposed to have: protecting the Master Emerald. All in all, I just think he should be a duty-bound loner, not some kinda gullible gangsta.

Amy: Like Knuckles, I feel Amy's been on the fall since the Adventure games. I think she should be a lot like Tails in terms of her relation to Sonic: someone who admires him, but doesn't act like a mad stalker who threatens to knock him off a building if he declines to marry her. In Adventure, she was more independent and had great development. That said, I like her irritability; it gives Sonic a reason to avoid her. They can be pretty funny, like at the end of the Heroes story of Sonic Riders when she chases him with a hammer.

Eggman: Of all the characters in the series, I feel Eggman's character is the one they've gotten right the most times. One of the reasons I love Eggman is because he's deeper than a simple world-conquering villain. He's got depth, background and morals. He wants to conquer the world, but he's a softie at heart who doesn't want to hurt anyone, but you still shouldn't get in his way. Basically, everything El Gran Gordo says about him. :P

Shadow: Shadow's an up and down character for me. The only games I feel he was a great character in were SA2, Battle, Sonic 06 and Sonic Chronicles. And even at that, he didn't have much of an important role in Chronicles and I probably wouldn't have liked him in 06 if he didn't have Mephiles as a foil. Like Knuckles, Shadow's a character that appears more than he should. Frankly, even though I've enjoyed a few of his roles post-SA2, I still think he'd have been better off dead after SA2. He had a great background at first, but it was pretty much butchered in his own title. All in all, he's just become a cliche, quiet, pessimist antihero and I just think it would be in everyone's best interest if he was kept out for a while. I think he should return at some point when his act is together because he's become an important member of the series. I'd prefer he'd keep that irritable and active attitude he had in Chronicles. It's not too broody, but it's not too out of character either.

E-123 Omega: A lot of people say Omega is a Gamma ripoff but I don't see how. To me, he's the exact opposite of Gamma. He's brute, vengeful, and unforgiving. Gamma saw no other purpose for himself than to save his friends; he didn't really care about Eggman. I think Omega was best in Chronicles. He was open and strong and not to mention pretty funny. I also like his growing bond with Shadow.

Rouge: Frankly, I don't know why they needed Rouge. I guess they just needed a playable female character in SA2, and I guess she wasn't too bad there. But after that, she just became rather shallow. The only real times I saw actual character development in her were throughout Sonic Battle and after meeting Mephiles on Wave Ocean in Sonic 06. And if Shadow wouldn't improve, I doubt she would as well. I think she'd be a good side character, but she shouldn't be too important to the storyline, if in it at all.

Silver: Like Knuckles, Silver shouldn't be an everyday character. He's already screwed up the timeline enough as it is anyway. Even so, I think his character was actually quite good in 06, but I think that was a bit overlooked because of his obnoxious voice. I'd prefer it to his character in Rivals; in Rivals, he was just like "I'll get you Nega! I'll get you Nega!" His intents were just very bland.

Blaze: To me, Blaze is one of the better characters in the series. A large plothole surrounds her, but I still think she's a great character; as Sega put it, she's like Sonic and Knuckles combined and I really see that and I love it. She's close to her responsibilities; she's steadfast and dedicated, like Knuckles, but she still fights for the freedom and well-being of herself and her people, like Sonic. I'd just keep her as is.

Cream: I don't like Cream very much. She just seems very goody-two-shoesish and very bland. She seems to have an influence on other characters like Blaze and Big, but she's overall very one dimensional. I'd prefer to see the attitude she had in Sonic Battle. She learned about self-defense and she's really much more enjoyable there because she grew out of her shell and got some guts.

Big: Big is my least favorite recurring character in the series. A lot of people say he's just a simple character and that he's not as stupid as he seems. He may be simple, but I still think he's very dull. His personality is hidden behind his ignorance. The only time he actually seemed like a good character to me was in Heroes; he was defensive and loyal to his friends. If they want to develop on Big, the best frame of reference I think they could follow for him is Forrest Gump. He was simple-minded too, but had a clear and strong set of values and personality.

Shade: I can't say much about Shade. I do like how she's intelligent and independent enough to fight more for the good of the world than the good of her tribe. But I really hope they get more into her because I'd imagine she'd serve to improve Knuckles character. I just hope they don't blow that opportunity.

Eggman Nega: Nega is an interesting character. I don't like his major ties to that huge plothole, but I still think that his mixture of insanity and incompetence makes him both intimidating and funny. I also like how he acts as a foil for Eggman, showing off that Eggman in the end is more of a good guy than we realize.

Babylon Rogues: I like Jet a lot because ever since Eggman had developed some stronger character, Knuckles became a background character and Shadow became a loner, Sonic has never really had a strong personal rivalry like the one he has with Jet. I also like Jet's somewhat comical relationship with Wave. Storm, however, just seems like a brute with no real necessity other than to give Knuckles a rival. And since Knuckles isn't necessary in the story, neither is Storm.

Team Chaotix: I like Team Chaotix a lot more than most people do. They make a good comical team; Vector and Charmy are always roughing it out while Espio is the straightman. I don't think they should be anything more than side characters since they'd most likely serve to draw too much attention away from the plot if they were main characters, but they have my respect.

Elise: I sincerely feel Elise is the worst character in the series. That includes Chris Thorndyke. Why? Because whereas Chris was a cliched, attention whoring Mar(t)y S(t)u(e), Elise was just that AND she completely ruined Sonic's character in the process. She took away his carefree nature, his minuteman readiness and his lack of restraint. One of the things I did find odd in the scene where Elise kissed Sonic is that Amy seemed to have no reaction to it, but now I see why: there wasn't anything left in him that she loved about him in the first place.

Metal Sonic: I think Metal Sonic has been built upon quite nicely in Heroes. He may be a bit of a generic doppelganger, but I think it's been pulled of quite nicely, namely in Heroes in which he actually believes he IS Sonic, which was probably the only interesting plot point in the game. But I'm not fond of him in the other games.

Chip: Perhaps one of the best characters the series has introduced since Heroes. Not only does he bring a childish air into the series, but he has some funny running gags and he makes a great comic foil for Sonic. I'd rather not see him return, at least in the main games, however, as bringing back resolved characters really isn't a strong point in the series.

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 1

Overall I have to say I'm happy with the way the characters are handled, its them that makes me want to play the games, no matter how motion sick I get while playing.

Sonic I'd keep the same, and Tails too... cept no more mecha... I like running around with Tails like in SA. Its fine that he's a big boy and able to take care of himself, but I'm sorry, I like my little orange fox following Sonic.

I love Eggman, but I'd like him to be more cut throat... NO MORE TRYING TO TEACH US MORALS! PLEASE.... That's Sonic's job lol.

I like Knuckles' character alot... *twiddles thumbs* but I suppose it is ok to argue that he IS the guardian of the Master Emerald and he shouldn't be just taggin' along to tag alot. His priority is his job. Its been brought to my attention that his character has been dumbed down? If so, I don't like that. His awkwardness with women, people, and modern ways is fine, but honestly... D: how many times will the "Tricked by Eggman" gag work?

Amy, I love her, Sonic's ardent fan. I'm fine with her playing the Damsel role SOMETIMES... but Amy CAN fight, so she should not just always be in trouble. Not after all the trouble we went through kickin' Zero's butt with her. Its understandable that she could be over powered, but definitely not without a fight.

*Coo* I love Shadow~ and I'm fine with his guns and vehicles... as long as I don't have to use them. I like it when he works as an Agent for G.U.N., that gives him someplace to be. Same with Rouge. G.U.N. all the way, so they should only be involved when it has to do with their job, OR, in Rouge's case, when there are jewels at stake lol.

Ok, do I sound like a broken record? I really do like all the characters XD

With Cream I would think its REALLY irrational for her to be fighting... WHERE THE HELL IS VANILLA? She's an AWFUL mom! XD But I love her, and I do like it when she is included. I can't think of any way for her to be included in the adventure in a reasonable manner... so lets go with the Sonic Heroes/Chronicles approach... I'm just not sure how many times the lost chao excuse will work. Charmy gets to tag along... shy not Cream???

Big the cat... I like him too. I Hated his fishing game in SA, but I did like his powerhouse roll in Heroes and Chronicles. I wish he would have been a playable fighter in Battle too... but I suppose too much fighting isn't in his character. I AM WILLING TO PLAY THE ANNOYING BORING FISHING GAMES SO THAT BE GETS ATTENTION! lol I am enraged that in Shadow the Hedgehog Big didn't demand for us to help him find froggy.

I think team Chaotix as a whole can easily be squeezed into a story, they make great comic relief and allies too. I would totally want them to cameo. Maybe we can get a Sonic game were he teams up with all of them, like in ShtH, Specially, Espio and Vector, Espio's abilities set him apart from other "speed" Character and of course, Vector is strong and makes a great ally. Even if Charmy is a a bit... annoying, I think team chaotix wouldn't be complete without him.

Before I talk about Blaze, I wanna also say I haven't payed Rush or Rush adventure, but I was upset by what happened to her in Sonic06, but I like it better when she is from a different Dimension, Its easier for her to co-exist with Sonic and co. I wish that Silver would make more cameos story wise too, I hope that maybe an alternate dimension Silver would be introduced as well. Blaze is a great female character, I like that she is a strong character, but isn't and sexy image... like Rouge. ((But I love my sexy bats too!)) Against Blaze's serious demeanor I think his Silver naivety is refreshing.

*sigh* D: Thats a mouthful already... but I have ONE MORE to go.... before I move on to the retro-characters...

MARINE!

Now, like I said, I haven't played Rush Adventure, but her design has intrigued me since the get-go. What Cream lacks in the ability to be independent, Marine could easily have. I'd like to see her, return, with her ship.

((I didn't include Jet, Storm and Wave... but I love them too! I would love to see them return in a Sonic Rider 3... *shot*))

Ok, here goes the not so interesting part. There are three retro characters I would actually be interested in seeing return; Mighty, Ray and Bark. Strange pick? Well. There is one reason I chose them only... I like their designs.

I would change them up a bit. Mighty and Ray need new shoes, Bark... I would take away his Scarf and hat...

Alot of people don't think Mighty should return because we have enough characters and he's a "Sonic clone". While I disagree with this , I'm not gonna argue it. The great thing about Mighty is he's a traveler, so he doesn't have to be more than a cameo. I figured since Ray has practically no background in the games, it would be fine to consider him to play tag-a-long. Its nothing new or original, but really, they are the characters I'd like to see back the most.

As for Bark. His character too could be a drifter character, maybe even tribal. He's a polar bear so I would assume he'd live in a place like like Holoska. I can totally see him and the werehog duking it out.

Anyone I didn't mention, I either don't care for or don't think there's any change I would make to them.

O_O; This is alot longer than I has intended... and I was going to add others I'm lazy...

:D I love Sonic and co. It pains me that people often blame the games lack of success on them. I blame it on bottomless pits, stages that make me dizzy and just bad controls... but perhaps grown ups shouldn't be let to judge stuff of for kids... It could be worst... XD They could have 4kids writing the stories lol.

Edited by Anarnee

I think if Fang came back he'd have to be cold blooded yet still be comedic. If you give him a soft spot he's just another stubborn good guy\anti-hero. We already have fucktons of good guys. Some of which are converts from some range of evil or badness. I want a character who likes to be bad!

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 1

^ Yeah! Gimme a furry villain, a total mercenary with no moral qualms. Nack should be a guy who's looking to get PAID. He just comes off that way even if we've only see him in Triple Trouble. A total sneak, someone likely to stab you in the back if things aren't looking up for you. He'd be great for a few things if I was in charge of storytelling. He'd be proficient with booby traps and his airbike, he'd be a Chaos Emerald mini-boss like in Triple Trouble, a frequent bounty and nemesis for the Chaotix and maybe Rouge, and form sleazy partnerships for Eggman from time to time. Eggman would openly display disgust for his style, but admire his ability to get the job done. Of course as Eggman's plan goes up in smoke, Nack would be out the back door with a collection of valuables.

For Knuckles and the whole leaving the island thing... I don't think he needs to be tied to his Guardian duties all day long, but shrinking the Master Emerald is a stupid ability to have. It was for the convenience of SA2 that he was allowed to do that. Maybe one game they can show us a few of his hiding places for the Master Emerald. There's got to be more than one hidden shrine in the island, if his ancestors were smart. Remember that Knuckles was a bit of an ascetic in his life alone, so leaving the island might be a big thing for him even today. It might be character development for him to get out more. Not that his job isn't important, but he might be a little uptight about his Guardianship, and so clashes with Sonic's carefree attitude. I'd like it if they treated his character more like that. Something I want to see Knuckles do in a game is jump and glide off of the edge of Angel Island.

Edited by Ezra the Badnik