Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers - Digital Deluxe Edition + General Pricing Revealed - Cosmetics confirmed for Sonic?

Ryannumber1gamer
Dreadknux
Message added by Dreadknux,

This topic was good and got turned into Sonic Frontiers to Have Pre-Order and Digital Deluxe Bonuses, And Denuvo on Steam at some point.

So Sonic Frontiers has Denuvo.

Lol

detyevt-18e1a7d3-4cef-46e6-b988-0b505fbb

Sad, but not surprising as other people said here. 

Being a PC gamer is always 50/50: You either eat better than anyone else(mods, cheaper games, better graphics and performance)or get the short end of the stick(Denuvo, Always Online, not being able to play a game because you are stuck with a potato). 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSS Classic Comment Bot

• Ryannumber1gamer

• AlphaRuby

• castell-neath

So Sonic Frontiers has Denuvo.

Lol

This is nothing new. Sort of given up on it nowadays since just about everything Sega releases has it.

Shit has such a minimal hit on my rig (if at all) that it probably won't matter in the end (hasn't before if I'm being honest). I could get the PS5 version but tbh this game probably isn't going to be all that difficult to run by the looks of it so I'd rather opt for the 120fps.

So overall, shity, but sadly something I'm probably going to forget in an hour.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:23 AM, Megasis said:

Denuvo, in-game consumables, jarringly un-Sonic-like environment/character/enemy designs, Denuvo, empty hub worlds, rehashed zones *again*, weird combat mechanics, Denuvo… Sega is basically pleading with me to NOT buy this game, aren’t they? (Oh and in case I wasn’t clear, I hate DRM. Thanks a lot Sega, and enjoy your definitely lost sale from me.)

Definitely you specifically. Only you. Everyone else they’re cool with, but they absolutely don’t want you to buy this game.

Posted By: PootisBear

On 8/24/2022 at 1:23 AM, Megasis said:

Denuvo, in-game consumables, jarringly un-Sonic-like environment/character/enemy designs, Denuvo, empty hub worlds, rehashed zones *again*, weird combat mechanics, Denuvo… Sega is basically pleading with me to NOT buy this game, aren’t they? (Oh and in case I wasn’t clear, I hate DRM. Thanks a lot Sega, and enjoy your definitely lost sale from me.)

Don’t see how certain aspects of the aesthetic being “un-Sonic like” is a negative, considering that certainly seems to be the point of this visual shift given everything they’ve shown us thus far. There seems to be a very clear and deliberate juxtaposition of this ancient and beautiful natural island being terrorised by mysterious and foreign invading entities, further bolstered by Sonic himself being a fish out of water in this scenario as he has to navigate this unknown locale.

Now if you don’t like these designs and the general art direction that’s valid, your opinion after all. But the immediate kneejerk reaction of ” it doesn’t look like a Sonic game” ignores context here and that’s a very narrow-minded take if you ask me.

Posted By: Metal

You ought to mention some of the Japanese pre-order bonuses where vtuber Korone voices all of the game sound effects, or Kokos are sloppily replaced with the drawing of her fan mascot. While much sillier, it’s also about 1000x more interesting than the crap you get with this pre-order.

Posted By: daimando

On 8/24/2022 at 1:46 AM, FishSticks said:

Guess I’m getting the switch version. Game looks great though, loving what I’m seeing.

Bad news. Word has it that Denuvo is coming to the Switch, and not even Nintendo signed up for it.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/24/23319847/nintendo-switch-denuvo-drm-anti-cheat-software-emulated-games-pc