Awoo.

Is shipping children weird?

MetalSkulkBane

I've been watching a lot of BumbleKast lately and Flynn said few times that he would not be interested in writing a serious romance story with Tails, because he's just a kid. Kids can have puppy crushes, but dating is a bit too far. (Amy's 12 years being juuust on the edge).

For some reason this stuck with me. I never considered "kid ships" as a taboo. So I googled and that's accurate in real life, 12-13 is when most start dating. But surely fiction has it's own rules, if kids can save the world, fly planes and be have 300 IQ, they also can date earlier, right?

Well, too my own surprise, I can't point any solid argument against Flynn's claim. Steven Universe had more of "puppy love, crush" for example. Owl House's Luz is a teen. Fairly Oddparents never went beyond jokes. Ben 10 got first gf at age of 15. Phineas and Ferb just teased the hell out of their ship. Avatar Last Airbender has actually one of youngest canon couples I can think of, but Aang is special when it comes to age (and 12, so within limits). There are Simpsons of course, but like anything there can be taken seriously.

IDK, anyone has thoughts to share? Not just examples, but their own opinions on the subject?

I mean, practicality-wise, kids aren't typically old or emotionally developed enough to really establish or maintain a proper romantic relationship. But if it's just some kind of puppy love thing, I think that can be cute as long as people don't take it too seriously like some kind of actual legit romance.

• Thumbs Up 2

• The topic was locked