Awoo.

New Earthworm Jim TV series now in development

KHCast

Wow, so first of all Earthworm Jim is one of, if not, the most nostalgic franchises in my entire life so I'll try my best not to make this too long. The first game was one of the first video games I ever played, I used to get up early just so could watch the show on Kids WB and I had all the action figures. So on one hand I'm super stoked for a new show...

...but on the other hand, nothing about this so far feels like Earthworm Jim. The trailer raises so many questions. Where are all of Eathworm Jim's friends and villains? Why does there seem to be a focus on new characters taking center stage? Why make a series about about a older and more mature Jim? Part of what I loved about his character was his childlike wonder to everything. It almost feels like a generic super-hero/sci-fi parody that just happens to use Jim's character design. I'm not sold yet, but I am looking forward to more news.

• The title was changed to New Earthworm Jim TV series now in development
  • 2 weeks later...

Earthworm Jim was for a time my absolute favorite video game franchise. Mario, Sonic, Crash and Jim, those were pretty much my childhood video game heroes. With that in mind I'm excited to see Jim make a comeback in any form (other than those webcomics that have appeared sporadically). Earthworrm Jim is such an inherently 90's concept that I kinda love the idea of modern kids being introduced to it.

I'm kinda worried about Princess What's-Her-Name though. Worried as in, wondering whether or not she will even be allowed to exist anymore. I get the feeling that in todays social climate, the concept of a leading lady who is defined so much by her generic damsel-in-distress role that the other characters can't even bother to learn this specific damsels name could be taken the wrong way. By which I mean, it was always intended to be taken as a joke (just like everything else in the series), but a lot of people nowadays might take it all too seriously...

Oh well whatever, as long as Psy-Crow is still in it. He was always my favorite.

• Thumbs Up 1