Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

That preview just put a big smile on face; and its pretty amazing how Rob Paulsen is reprising 87 Raph while still playing current Donnie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Turtles Forever 2, this time with the actual fucking original voice actors 

Yeah, the voice actor with 2 characters is always fun. Although I wonder if they'll address/have a nod to how Raph always improvised weapons in the Wolf cartoon due to violence concerns

...Am I the only one who thinks Donnie and Mikey sound seriously wrong from their original counterparts from the 80s series?

On another note, I'm kinda hoping for the 80s!Turtles to make a reference to the 2003!Turtles. Even a simple "Hey guys, it's more multi-dimensional versions of us!" 

Considering they're the ones who bring the Nick Turtles to their dimension, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a passing reference about previous encounters with other versions of themselves. :)

I'm not really expecting any lip-service on 2k3 honestly. Even as a fan of it, I've pretty much accepted it's the middle child of the more popular older brother Fed Wolf series and slightly more popular and younger Nick series. I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do, I just don't expect it.

But who cares what I think when I'm just going to pass on this entirely anyway, so nyeh.

Hate to be negative, but I thought that looked terrible. The 2D part looks straight from Newgrounds and the cg models of the '87 turtles look really weird.

Is it me or does the 1987 turtles in CGI look like the cover of a PS1/N64 game?

Also, I wonder if they'll lampshade on 2012 Donnie and 1987 Raph sounding similar due to having the same VA.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_nha8xdcXMF1sodlxjo1_400.gif

Nick released this fun little remix of the theme to celebrate the special. This episode looks so hype!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, the TMNT panel at WonderCon was today and with it came the usual teases at what's to come!

5wcepk.jpg

Starting off with something smaller, here's a look at Dregg's lair from the upcoming "Evil of Dregg" episode.

2gsg6md.jpg

Next up, in the upcoming episode "The Ever-Burning Fire," Raph will continue his trend of animal magnetism towards little reptilian buddies (Joining Spike and Pepperoni from the IDW series) by scoring a new pet. His name? Chompy Picasso. With Raph's luck, he'll end up mutating into Dark Raphael from Fast Forward or something. XD

Finally, last but certainly not least...

2q099he.jpg

Say hello to Nick's long-awaited version of Tokka! Making his debut in "Ever-Burning Fire" like Chompy, this take on Tokka is a "little" bit different. He serves as the guardian of the final Black Hole Generator piece and is a giant lava-spewing kaiju beast.

Adding to that, Kevin Michael Richardson teased something interesting happening to Shredder soon (You can probably guess what that is based on my previous Toy Fair spoiler) and we have new episode titles and dates that line up with the new information revealed above:

S4E12 The Evil of Dregg (4/10/2016)

S4E13 The Ever-Burning Fire (4/17/2016)

S4E14 Earth's Last Stand (4/24/2016

Seems like we'll be out of space by Episode 15.

So yeah, lots of goodies! Wasn't expecting to see Tokka make his debut this way, but it's definitely an interesting take and I wonder if he'll end up getting an action figure or not given his size. (Since Traag was ignored by Playmates.) Chompy's an adorable little guy. Really like when Raph has little buddies of his own.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, Tokka is a kaiju beast, huh? I wonder how the turtles are gonna deal with this one? I know for sure it's gonna be tough!

I really enjoyed Trans-Dimensional Turtles! Hearing the original voices and background music really put a smile on my face! I wasn't expecting a crossover with the original comics which I thought was a nice surprise!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Kevin said:

I really enjoyed Trans-Dimensional Turtles! Hearing the original voices and background music really put a smile on my face! I wasn't expecting a crossover with the original comics which I thought was a nice surprise!

Was there any mention of the 2k3 Turtles?

Nope, but it keeps Turtles Forever's rule about the Prime Dimension going having a multiverse-wide effect, so that's something, I guess. 

Fun episode, but it definitely could've majorly benefited from being a two-parter. Everything seemed kinda fast. Also, the whole reveal of 87 Krang being a banished member of the Nick Kraang doesn't really make much sense if you consider the original series. If there really is only one Dimension X, why is it so different in both shows? The ending also kind of confused me, but with all of the time and dimension travelling, there was bound to be some kind of weirdness in terms of timeline, so I'll overlook it.

12 minutes ago, Rocket Prince CC14 said:

Nope, but it keeps Turtles Forever's rule about the Prime Dimension going having a multiverse-wide effect, so that's something, I guess. 

Fun episode, but it definitely could've majorly benefited from being a two-parter. Everything seemed kinda fast. Also, the whole reveal of 87 Krang being a banished member of the Nick Kraang doesn't really make much sense if you consider the original series. If there really is only one Dimension X, why is it so different in both shows? The ending also kind of confused me, but with all of the time and dimension travelling, there was bound to be some kind of weirdness in terms of timeline, so I'll overlook it.

If it's anything like the DC Multiverse, Dimension X is a constant point to each different reality, but seperate of it in such a way that each universe sees it within the context of their earth. Or they're simply retconning

52 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Was there any mention of the 2k3 Turtles?

Nope it looks like Turtles Forever pretty much never happened. 

Spoiler

Because both Donnies go to the Prime universe and run away from their mirage incarnations to avoid a battle.

I'm going to be honest I wasn't that big on this episode. Mostly because of the timing it happened during an on going arc and it just felt like "ok let's drag the turtles into another dimension with no build up". It the pacing was bad and felt like it should of been a 2 parter, the 2D animation was stiff and I am so getting sick of seeing the 80's turtles getting treated like idiots. Also the ending was confusing as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Trailer #2

Looks like we may get new turtle designs by the end of the movie(The whole become human plotline could easily just remutate them into better forms)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, we're officially on Summer hiatus now, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little bit of info to sate our hunger in the meantime! Brandon Auman has confirmed on Instagram that the next episode is titled...drum roll please...

City at War

Yep. THAT one. Let the speculation begin!

Wow that last episode sure felt like this season was a complete waste of time. I'm just glad this space arc is finally over. 

Glad they solved the time clones problem, that can always be messy. But ya the next on being City at war makes complete sense, since we've got most of the major players together, question is will Karai come into play during it. Also it means the Turtles get a much needed power boost

Speaking of Earth's Last Stand, I have these parody lyrics I would like to share with you.

It is about the ending of the episode, where the Fugitoid is alive. Here we go.

This was a triumph
We saved the Earth from greart distaster
It's hard to overstate my delecation
It's good that we did it
We managed to pull through in the end
For the good of everyone
Except the Triceratons

But there's no sense talking in the darkness of space
You just keep on walking at a merriful pace
And our job's complete
You can eat every treat
Except for me though I'm still alive

We had a real good time
Finding the pieces to save the world
We made some friends and enemies while up there
Like that Mona Lisa
And the evil of the bad Lord Dregg
And Armaggon and others that I have not mentioned
I'll just keep on floating here until I am found
And I'll be nice and cozy and just very sound
I will be okay
For I have survived this day
Though you don't know that I am still alive

Go 'head and leave me
I am sure that we will meet again
Until then you all go have some good fun
And maybe fight Mozar
Just kidding ha ha, ha ha, fat chance
Any way I am so glad that it is over now

Look at me still talking while there's nothing to do
Execpt to finish the song that I sing to you
I am good in the mind
Who's never so unkind
In a thousand ways of being alive

And believe me I am still alive
You're watching Bradford and I'm still alive
You're fighting bad guys and I'm still alive
You don't know it but I am still alive
You're eating pizza while I'm still alive

Still alive

Still alive

For those who cared to see it, what do you think of these lyrics?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I need to start posting more, I decided to do it here as I've been watching the series since last October. I caught up in March and then had to again with the last six episodes, the most recent of which I watched today. I just want to give my general thoughts on the series.

Season 1 I think was the best in terms of the amount of good episodes there were (and I don't recall thinking any of them were bad either; maybe one or two okay ones.) I like it when a work can blend drama and comedy well and in my opinion the first season had the most balance in that regard, with the latter ones focusing moreso on the dramatic aspect.

I didn't know what to expect going into the second season since I had heard from a couple people that the first was the only good one and stay away from the others. Fortunately I found that Season 2 was nearly as good as the first, and it's my favorite season when it comes to storytelling. In particular I thought they did a great job with Leonardo's character and I also thought what they did with Karai was pretty engaging.

While I still thought it was good, Season 3 seemed to have a noticeable drop in quality. The first four episodes in particular felt as difficult to get through as navigating a dense forest with only a pair of salad tongs due to just how "meh" they were. Good moments, sure, and I didn't think they were bad by any means but overall they were just alright in my mind, enough for me to give the series a break for like two and a half months. Thankfully I came back to a stretch of like eight pretty good episodes and I was hooked once more. And, while there'd be a couple more okay episodes afterward I'd say the season finished off strong.

So far my thoughts on Season 4 are similar to the third one. Good, but there are some "just okay" episodes here and there and not really super great like the first two. I will say I really love the Fugitoid though and I hope he becomes a recurring character for the rest of the series, however long that might be.

There are a couple things I either don't like or find disappointing about the show  as well. Off the top of my head I'd say the increase in gross-out humor from Season 2 onward (I swear it's some kind of Nickelodeon mandate; at least it hasn't overtaken the show) and my biggest problem: the under-utilization of characters I believe have potential for growth (Karai and Pulverizer being the most prevalent examples.) It kinda feels like when they have something going, they kinda get afraid they'll mess it up so they say "Use Mutagen on them" and call it a day.

But yeah, those are my thoughts on TMNT 2012 in a nutshell. And Flamerstreak, it was a good attempt.

• 2 weeks later...

KRAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGg

xOAnV0a.png

Now that is just about as perfect as you can get with movie Krang, I mmean seriously! Also Shredder is looking good too

VIvXtVW.jpg
QeIOkpF.jpg
trailer source

So ya, color me hyped, can't wait to see it next month

Edit:

Woah, so they only waited to show Krang because they didn't manage to finish the effects untill last tuesday(and another pic for you guys):

"Do you wanna know why you haven't seen Krang? Because we didn't finish him till last night! It's the most complex character because from a CG standpoint, to have a robot and then a brain that's interacting with the robot that's interacting with other characters - it was the biggest challenge that we had on the movie, was kind of realizing the vision of that. "

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_scale,h_596,w_1440/t_mp_quality/bedbw57y4zbgwmey5mgi/why-you-haven-t-seen-krang-in-tmnt-trailers-till-now-krang-in-tmnt-out-of-the-shadows-p-976836.jpg

We have our first Spoiler free review(there was a charity screening), and it's really quite positive, infact it sounds as if it is a solid movie, in his words saying it's better than most if not all of the previous turtles movies