Awoo.

TMNT Goes Nickelodeon

Senator NinjaShark

Another update! We FINALLY have an official return date straight from Brandon Auman! New episodes will be back...on my BIRTHDAY, August 2nd! THAT'S certainly a happy coincidence! :D

Also, the SDCC panel is scheduled for July 10th, so get ready for some more news shortly!

I wonder when Nick UK will begin airing new episodes again. I think the last one we got was Battle for New York.

Another update! We FINALLY have an official return date straight from Brandon Auman! New episodes will be back...on my BIRTHDAY, August 2nd! THAT'S certainly a happy coincidence! :D

Also, the SDCC panel is scheduled for July 10th, so get ready for some more news shortly!

• 2 weeks later...

The TMNT panel at SDCC has ceased, so it's time for some updates! First off, our first Triceraton design!

1zcfpme.jpg

ws1dte.jpg

Zog here will be voiced by Lance Henriksen and Raph will find him ala Return to New York.

11vqsyg.jpg

2yxr9xd.jpg

As leaked by the Amazon listings, Lord Dregg from the latter seasons of the '87 show will be debuting in Season 4. He's looking a bit more insectoid in design and will be voiced by Peter Stormare.

2pyszk0.jpg

Mona Lisa from the '87 show will also be introduced, voiced by Zelda Williams. It seems she'll be an alien this time around as opposed to a mutant, making her a bit more unique from her original Proto-Venus counterpart.

wlf6u1.jpg

xduk4y.jpg

A peek at our Turtles in Space ship and gear. It was also revealed that Fugitoid will be voiced by David Tennant.

And finally, my favorite announcement...

qp1eu1.jpg

wrmf69.jpg

The original future shark himself, ARMAGGON from the Archie series, will be making his grand entrance in Season 4 voiced by Ron Perlman! I can't even begin to tell you how hyped this makes me. I've ALWAYS wanted Armaggon to make an appearance in a cartoon and the fact that he'll inevitably gain his first action figure from it makes me faint from sheer excitement. LOVE the design, too. The fact that he can transform into a GIANT METAL FREAKING SHARK is all kinds of bad@$$. Needless to say, I'll be eagerly awaiting his debut like I did Slash's and the Mutanimals'. :D

Season 4 can't get here soon enough. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 6

I really don't like that Mona Lisa design. Looks way to generic, looking like a lizard or something. Then again, it might look better when they release an actual picture from the show with her in it.

The Turtle space designs are looking pretty sweet though.

2qmktq0.jpg

Fugitoid in-show.

I really don't like that Mona Lisa design. Looks way to generic, looking like a lizard or something.

Um...Mona Lisa kinda is a lizard. XD

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the Fugitoid design. I just hope the Turtles in Space arc doesn't span as long as Northampton.

In other SDCC news, TMNT has been renewed for a fifth season! Nice to get confirmation on the Turtles not slowing down!

Also, it seems like Mona Lisa is a member of Newtralizer's race, as shown by this concept art:

16k6sy0.jpg

Neat to see more of Newtie's people. I hope they visit his homeworld and we get some good backstory on him in Season 4.

One last bit from the panel: The previously-leaked-via-toy Mozar will be voiced by Michael Dorn. A dude who played a Klingon is voicing a TRICERATON. Can we say "perfect casting?"

• Thumbs Up 2

I think I know what all of us really want out of this: Bebop and Rocksteady's Space Misadventures!

New clip from SDCC featuring Zog! Looks like Raph'll be sporting his Spirit Quest garb again. Gotta say, I LOVE the amount of detail in Zog's model. He looks super cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyone interested in hearing what David Tennant's Fugitoid will sound like (As well as a look at the clip of Honeycutt above in motion) can now find out on Nick's official Youtube channel. Needless to say, he fits him like a glove. Also of note is a cool Season 3 recap clip shown at the SDCC panel that also shows a brief peek at Renet and Savanti Romero. 

Finally, we gots yet another new title!

(S3E22) The Creeping Doom

No clue what this could be about. Might be something significant since the season would be winding down at this point.

Anyone interested in hearing what David Tennant's Fugitoid will sound like (As well as a look at the clip of Honeycutt above in motion) can now find out on Nick's official Youtube channel. Needless to say, he fits him like a glove. Also of note is a cool Season 3 recap clip shown at the SDCC panel that also shows a brief peek at Renet and Savanti Romero. 

No clue what this could be about. Might be something significant since the season would be winding down at this point.

Wow, David Tennant really fits as Fugitoid. I'm getting excited for the Turtles in Space arc, with what we're seeing from Comic Con. The jokes in that clip were pretty good as well, like Fugitoid claiming My Little Pony is a galactic threat, and casually telling Earth that he's borrowing their Ninja Turtles for a spell to stop a galactic threat.

Obvious possibility is the return of the Creeper, also fugitoid seems cool

Say, anyone else kinda annoyed that we are 3 seasons in, and yet we have not had a single returning or new female Mutant? Karai doesn't really count for me, and now the first announced returning mutant female is no longer a mutant! for a show that's mutant crazy this is getting a little annoying, not that they were ever that common, but 4kids TMNT even had one, and mutants were crazy rare in that series!

• 2 weeks later...

New promo right before this coming Sunday's return! Looks like Leo's going to be reverting to Spirit Quest garb with Raph.

Also, The Creeping Doom has a synopsis!

After an accident, Donnie finds himself slowly losing his intelligence.

Huh. Not what I imagined from the title, but hey, more non-romantic Donnie episodes are nice.

New promo right before this coming Sunday's return! Looks like Leo's going to be reverting to Spirit Quest garb with Raph.

Also, The Creeping Doom has a synopsis!

After an accident, Donnie finds himself slowly losing his intelligence.

Huh. Not what I imagined from the title, but hey, more non-romantic Donnie episodes are nice.

This sounds like it's gonna be awesome!

I just hope Nick UK start airing new episodes in the UK soon. They've stopped at Battle for New York

A new one-hour TMNT special is coming to Nick this November based on the younger-skewing Half-Shell Heroes toyline! Not only will the characters adopt the more chibi style of the line, but another unique aspect of the special compared to the regular show will be its use of 2D animation! Titled Blast to the Past, it'll feature the Turtles going back in time to the Jurassic era, teaming up with dinosaur buddies, battling Triceratons as well as Bebop and Rocksteady, and so on. Here's a promo poster:

tmnt-hsh-poster.thumb.jpg.a2eb42cfe56834

They're actually paired with the same dino buddies from the old Cave Turtles figures. XD

Anyhoo, this looks pretty adorable. I'm always up for a little extra TMNT fix, dinosaurs are always fun, and the shot of Donnie on the T-Rex in the link gives me some Transformers Animated vibes. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Also, as a bonus, a clip from this Sunday's episode is up on Nick.com! It features the introduction of a certain apprentice time master who seems to already know the Turtles quite well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ha, I had the Donatello Cave Turtle figure with the T-Rex. It's pretty neat to see them dive into something like that, and I'm interested in seeing how the animation turns out. I think the character designs would lend themselves quite well to 2D animation.

And of course, I'm looking forward to Triceratons.

So Renet's showing up this coming episode too, huh? She's usually pretty fun, and I'm curious about the Turtles' impact on history she's talking about, so this should be fun. Ashley Johnson sounds good in the role.

Just saw an ad on Nicktoons UK. Season 3 of TMNT is starting back up on Nicktoons UK this weekend at 9:30am and a repeat at 5:30pm. It's starting with Casey Jones Vs The Underworld and going from there!

Kind of a late response but, I am looking forward to the Creeping Doom the most out of the newer episodes to come. It might serve to show how important Don is to the team when he doesn't have his greatest asset. Maybe. I'm just hopefully thinking here given that with this show, that kind of thing is a toss-up in execution. Plus, I just know Rob Paulsen will do a hilarious job hamming up Dumb Donnie (yes, I'm gonna call him that. I've coined it).

Kind of a late response but, I am looking forward to the Creeping Doom the most out of the newer episodes to come. It might serve to show how important Don is to the team when he doesn't have his greatest asset. Maybe. I'm just hopefully thinking here given that with this show, that kind of thing is a toss-up in execution. Plus, I just know Rob Paulsen will do a hilarious job hamming up Dumb Donnie (yes, I'm gonna call him that. I've coined it).

Yeah, but I'm a little worried. Donnie's my favourite turtle, and while his intelligence is one of the great assets for the turtles, he does have a lot of useful abilities, such as his fighting skills and stuff, especially since he's learned to use ordinary surroundings as weapons. 

Oh don't get me wrong, I can see how they might overdo the whole 'dumb is funny' thing, since that's already Mikey's gimmick *groan* and especially if he's the one who causes the accident. And I didn't mean to imply his intellect was the only thing he offers to the team. Just want to see them put up with his silly behavior and find a way to bring him back to normal, espcially if the Creep is coming back going by the title.

Edited by DarkLight

Newest 2 episodes were both great, tales of the Yokai especially, since it gave us another viewpoint on an event that has been described since the beginning of the series(and made it my preferred version of time travel)

Also there was an obvious setup there

Breaking the previous version of mind control required good memories, the newer version of mind control is far stronger and requires deep rooted subconscious memories. If this isn't a setup for Mikey singing the classic TMNT theme to break Karai's mind control, then I'll be disappointed in the writers XD

Newest 2 episodes were both great, tales of the Yokai especially, since it gave us another viewpoint on an event that has been described since the beginning of the series(and made it my preferred version of time travel)

Also there was an obvious setup there

Breaking the previous version of mind control required good memories, the newer version of mind control is far stronger and requires deep rooted subconscious memories. If this isn't a setup for Mikey singing the classic TMNT theme to break Karai's mind control, then I'll be disappointed in the writers XD

Black Nerd did a little review of "Tales Of The Yokai."

Obvious spoilers is obvious.

Well, from what I can tell, I think Nick UK will be airing the new episodes alongside Nick US until the end of the season. There's two new episodes every weekend on Saturdays and Sundays, and up to Turtles in Time is included in that lineup. Basically, here's what the lineup looks like so far:

August 8th: Casey Jones Vs The Underworld

August 9th: The Noxious Avenger

August 15th: Clash of the Mutanimals 

August 16th: Meet Mondo Geeko 

August 22nd: The Deadly Venom

August 23rd: Turtles in Time

and if the episodes keep being aired, it'll be this next:

August 29th: Tales of the Yokai

August 30th: Attack of the Mega Shredder