Awoo.

Sonic Colors: Ultimate - Announcement Trailer

Sonictrainer

2 hours ago, PickleBrows said:

What I really hate about this stuff is they screw over physical buyers as well. And it's not like they don't want folk to buy physically since there's that bonus keychain too, it's tat but it's a purchase incentive. So you basically have to buy digitally AND physically to get everything from this.

Extremely disappointed to see them go down this path. Sonic had kept its nose clean of industry BS this past decade aside from the temporary Super Sonic DLC blip.

Yep. As a Steam user and physical buyer for so many years, SEGA basically gave me the middle finger. No idea if the stupid Epic deal is even a timed thing like they have been for other games, but the lack of options is seriously making me not even want to get the game.

Seeing SEGA do shitty, anti-conumer business practices like this is an absolute shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that is interesting. Though, the laser screenshot shows they're playing as Sonic, so...? Work in progress feature, maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

Nevermind false alarm 

Sorry everybody 

• Absolutely 1

That said, are we sure that's what it's referring to? Because the trailer showed four Movie Sonic icons, similar to PSN avatars. I assumed that's what it was referring to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That said, are we sure that's what it's referring to? Because the trailer showed four Movie Sonic icons, similar to PSN avatars. I assumed that's what it was referring to.

Yeah I'm thinking it's the movie Sonic icons they're referring to, at least as being "exclusive" player icons. I don't think a playable Tails is entirely off the table yet, though it's certainly not a fact yet either.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say it's decently high chance that Tails is playable. Colours' save files had a icon similar to Mario Galaxy where you could choose icons for your save file, which is what the Movie Sonic icons possibly are - and are the exclusive icons shown in the trailer.

It seems far too weird and misleading to just randomly let you slap random heads on the HUD characters. Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz HD went to the trouble of adding Classic Sonic as a new character, and we know that there's a heap of costumes available for Sonic too. Adding Tails as a playable character, even if just a reskinned Sonic with new animations isn't that far out of left field.

• Thumbs Up 4

God pls let Tails be playable. I am begging you SEGA God, lol. There's no real valid reason for him not to be considering he's running around the park all the same as Sonic (although according to the cutscenes, lagging behind a bit.)

23 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Nevermind false alarm 

Sorry everybody 

Even a cosmetic change is better than nothing at all. Remember when people wanted to sell their souls for character skins at the height of Sola Sonica? We finally get that.

Wait what? I already bet my left leg that Tails would never be playable in a mainstream 3D Sonic game again. I literally said so earlier today.

Fuck you if this is true SEGA. You owe me a leg for possibly giving me exactly what I wanted.

unlikely, but what if the life icons are tied to the change in costume we've seen Sonic have? like the Gold looking Sonic is like a (somehow) Tails related cosmetic skin and it changes the life icon as well.

If this is truly a playable Tails, which I'm inclined to believe, then that's awesome. Those screenshots look tailor-made to tease this. It's funny, I always assumed before I saw Colors gameplay that Tails would be playable because of his prominence in the trailer and CG, flying alongside Sonic.

Tails playable?

Hawkeye GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

If this is true (which seems unlikely as SEGA normally put the bare minimum into rereleases) then very cool. I imagine Tails would be just a reskin of Sonic. To see Tails boosting would be so bizarre.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't think Tails will be playable, I'll believe it when I see it.

If this is actually true, why the fuck wouldn't you tell everyone about it? What good does it do to withhold information like this? This is not Smash Bros where you withhold character reveals for hype, this is a remaster of a game most people already played over 10 years ago, you're supposed to show people why they should be excited to play it again by showing off all the new things. It's hilarious to me how bad SEGA's advertising still is after all these years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Playable Tails would be so cool. Even if he's just a reskin, I'd play him over Sonic.

7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

https://colors.sonicthehedgehog.com/

The official Colours Ultimate site has a shitty, game industry circa 2021 breakdown of the digital version versus the "digital deluxe" version, including the further confirmation of the Deluxe version releasing earlier than the standard version, with exclusive goodies on top of that. No such information exists for the retail version. And it also lists Steam and not the Epic Games Store. It could be that it's also on Steam, or that the website is incorrect/outdated and it'll be EGS exclusive as the trailer implies.

coloursultimateversions.thumb.PNG.092c8da0d213b61e1b82309b3d45eaa2.PNG

I'm less bothered by people being able to play 4 days early than I am about the exclusive music, to be honest. Physical buyers are just shit out of luck there.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I don't think Tails will be playable, I'll believe it when I see it.

If this is actually true, why the fuck wouldn't you tell everyone about it? What good does it do to withhold information like this? This is not Smash Bros where you withhold character reveals for hype, this is a remaster of a game most people already played over 10 years ago, you're supposed to show people why they should be excited to play it again by showing off all the new things. It's hilarious to me how bad SEGA's advertising still is after all these years.

You're done? Because really the only reason they wouldn't show that is because of the short runtime of the stream and the amount of stuff they wanted to show for Sonic (And I mean everything).

1 minute ago, Zoomzeta said:

You're done? Because really the only reason they wouldn't show that is because of the short runtime of the stream and the amount of stuff they wanted to show for Sonic (And I mean everything).

How long does it take to say, "Tails will also be playable"?

To be honest?

They really did not showcase any of the new features in the trailer, everything else

> Jade Wisp

> Rival Rush mode against Metal Sonic

> Online Play

> Unlockable rewards like costumes

> Playable Tails

> Enhanced Graphics

None of this was in the trailer, not even graphics, maybe just the costume skins. All of this we have known thanks to the further details on various websites.

• Thumbs Up 4

7 minutes ago, Jack-al said:

To be honest?

They really did not showcase any of the new features in the trailer, everything else

> Jade Wisp

> Online Play

> Playable Tails

> Enhanced Graphics

None of this was in the trailer, not even graphics, maybe just the costume skins. All of this we have known thanks to the further details on various websites.

Yeah it's so weird. No idea why they wouldn't show off these new things, I'd love for them to make me eat my words with an appropriate trailer at E3 though.

2 hours ago, Jack-al said:

To be honest?

> Jade Wisp

> Online Play

> Playable Tails

> Enhanced Graphics

I mean... They definitely did show the enhanced graphics. They happen to look like absolute horse shit, but they showed them off. It would be pretty hard to showcase the game without including the new graphics.

The rest of it though, you're absolutely right. Fair enough if they don't want to show everything right off the bat, but the trailer just showed us the standard game as we already know, and some skins (but it barely mentioned the skins nor made any point of them). They really should have included something about the Jade Wisp, as it's mentioned on the website and even seen in the Tails screenshots, but it's totally missing here. Almost all of these things are being talked about in the supplementary press release and website, so why not put them in the trailer?

Playable Tails seems like a big new addition that they might not want to talk about until a later date. But those Famitsu screenshots undermine that. I wonder what the deal is here. It's he actually playable? It's so strange.

I thought this at the time and I still think it now; that was a very long, boring trailer for a port and showed us almost nothing.

• Thumbs Up 5