Awoo.

Sonic Colors: Ultimate - Announcement Trailer

Sonictrainer

23 hours ago, KHCast said:

So with the game a few days away, if you’ll be picking it up, what are you most looking forward to experiencing? I never actually owned colors myself originally, so more or less I’ll be experiencing most of the game brand new! 

Also, did anyone else pre order from GameStop? If so, has your card been charged yet, cause my order hasn’t still 

I loved Colors as a kid, it was the Sonic Game for me. Reach for the Stars was my favorite song period for a very long time, so being able to play this game again now that I'm out of college will be a fun way to end the old carefree life of childhood/teenagehood. I'm just excited to finally have a boost game on modern systems that isn't forces. The cosmetics look fun, can't wait to hear the redone ost. I think the game itself looks really pretty too, so that'll be a blast to experience. The metal races (although i feel like they'll be easy) will be since, if only for the fact that metal is being portrayed as Sonic's rival again. Something we haven't seen since, well, CD itself in a sense.

As for gamestop, I did not preorder Colors from gamestop but I have preordered games from them before (Crash NSane trilogy). From what I recall, they charge you when the game ships to you, so you should be get charged either late this week or the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if it’s any other regions, but Ultimate on PS4/PS5 seems to have the incorrect date set for when it unlocks. Usually pre-orders should unlock at midnight on day of release (so tonight at midnight, in Ultimate’s case). However, it’s listed as now unlocking until 2pm tomorrow for me.

6 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Not sure if it’s any other regions, but Ultimate on PS4/PS5 seems to have the incorrect date set for when it unlocks. Usually pre-orders should unlock at midnight on day of release (so tonight at midnight, in Ultimate’s case). However, it’s listed as now unlocking until 2pm tomorrow for me.

Xbox is also listed for 2PM, though the date is incorrect for Digital Deluxe (the 7th rather than tomorrow). 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It's global. It unlocks 9am PST for Americans which translates to 2pm BST.

• Thumbs Up 1

Epic Games is also saying the 7th for some reason, any idea when it will unlock? I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe too.

Just now, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

It's global. It unlocks 9am PST for Americans which translates to 2pm BST.

Pretty lame choice tbh, and I'm not sure why it was implemented for Colours. Persona 5 Strikers had the same early access situation with the Digital Deluxe edition and just unlocked at midnight like every other game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2021 at 10:48 PM, Kuzu said:

Japanese commercial narrated by Aoi Yuuki (Sticks)

うわあああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only western gaming commericals were just a cute girl screaming WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! at you for 3 minutes. So awesome

Lmao. 

• Thumbs Up 5

3 hours ago, Remy said:

うわあああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああああ!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only western gaming commericals were just a cute girl screaming WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! at you for 3 minutes. So awesome

Lmao. 

The trailer is basically "Here's a Sonic fan's professional opinion of the game: *incoherent fangirling*"

If only I could have such unbridled enthusiasm... if Colors Ultimate added the one thing I was hoping for ;n; (adding back the original unbroken level layouts)

• Thumbs Up 1

Early Access to the game is still not available on Epic Games Store, and when I contacted support about it, this is what I got.  Even if this is merely a case where the support staff there don't have access to information like *checks notes* the products they are selling as described by the customer-facing storefront, there is an utter lack of human common sense in this response that I've never had from Steam's customer support.  I'm definitely going to be specifically e-mailing SEGA's own support to give them direct feedback to please dear god never use this shit Steam wannabe exclusively like this ever again.

image.png

• Chuckle 4

12 minutes ago, JezMM said:

Early Access to the game is still not available on Epic Games Store, and when I contacted support about it, this is what I got.  Even if this is merely a case where the support staff there don't have access to information like *checks notes* the products they are selling as described by the customer-facing storefront, there is an utter lack of human common sense in this response that I've never had from Steam's customer support.  I'm definitely going to be specifically e-mailing SEGA's own support to give them direct feedback to please dear god never use this shit Steam wannabe exclusively like this ever again.

image.png

I’m laughing - but only at the actual ridiculousness of this. 

But hey! At least you have the Ultimate Cosmetic and Music packs to not be able to use right? 

• Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Credit where it's due, I replied back with how bonkers thier response was and they did take it on board and admit they have no access to any info about when/if it is due to unlock today. I appreciate that sort of transparency so it's worth highlighting too.image.thumb.png.b9a24c0e0a5b85787734a570ec391602.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Congrats Epic Games staff (or someone at the customer service), you've proved incompetent.

In all seriousness, let's wait until 4 more hours when it's supposed to unlock and we will see.

• Chuckle 1

I don't understand Sega is supposed to hire people who talk about how much Sonic games suck to promote their upcoming Sonic games.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

3 hours ago, JezMM said:

Credit where it's due, I replied back with how bonkers thier response was and they did take it on board and admit they have no access to any info about when/if it is due to unlock today. I appreciate that sort of transparency so it's worth highlighting too.image.thumb.png.b9a24c0e0a5b85787734a570ec391602.png

Late response - it unlocks at 2pm BST worldwide, at least on PS5. For some reason, SEGA decided on a worldwide release at the exact same time instead of the usual deal of letting people play at midnight.

Still absolutely ridiculous that Epic’s support couldn’t even say that, but yeah. Try at 2pm BST.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I don't understand Sega is supposed to hire people who talk about how much Sonic games suck to promote their upcoming Sonic games.

That's Sega of America, Sega of Japan actually likes to talk positively about Sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It has globally launched on all platforms, ready to launch... go ROCKET!!

So I played a bit of the game, Tropical Resort and a bit of Sweet Mountain (that remix is still meh) including several red star rings, enough to get Metal Sonic (pretty intense race but not too hard). I almost feel guilty in saying this... but I didn't stumble into ANY major glitch that makes the game "unplayable" or anything close to that. It works just fine and fluid on my pc. My nitpicks are: the blur when you boost is too much and I can barely see, the sound of the homing attack is annoying, and the Metal Sonic screen sounds like something an amateur made. That's all I have to say, the game is still lovely as I remember.

So about the new "features" none of them are really satisfying because it's not much.

The Tails save is okay but it's practically a fancy animation for a new life after falling. You can even not get it with a full walkthrough but seeing as there are some cheap bottomless pits, I don't mind it.

Metal Sonic races... as I said they are just fine, I was disappinted you can't hit Metal and he can't hit you, it's again a fancy time trial, I just wish you could have more than 6 races and better rewards for it. Still, a fun addition.

The Jade Ghost controls weird but hey, they actually moved a few red star rings locations that require you to use this very Wisp. Cool!

And the customization + park tokens might be my favorite thing, plus customizable controls of course, they could have gone crazier with custom parts but I like them, nothing mind blowing, also the icons are full of SEGA fanservice, yet they forget Cream, yep SEGA doesn't care about her, also no Rouge or Omega or Zavok, unlike TSR, the rest of the cast from that game has icons.

I was more disappointed by the lack of big new features, like Bowser's Fury to Mario 3D World (for example I wanted an expanded final boss, playable Tails, a proper Rival Rush mode or remade Game Land, something along the lines but not all of these features) but that sounds laughably insane to replicate so... I'm rather content, the game is still functional and awesome looking with the minimum of new additions.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Tracker_TD Reported having several issues. @Jack-aldidn’t encounter a whole lot. So what’s going on? Tracker might be playing the Xbox One version on an Xbox Series X. 

Because I’ve heard some Xbox One games have some issues on Xbox Series X. Case in point. 

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/20-years-later-conkers-great-mighty-poo-is-causing-havoc-on-xbox-series-x/

• Thumbs Up 1

Enjoying it so far. You can change the buttons in the options, the default of X to slide and B to boost (Xbox) just felt odd, so had to change them.

One thing I've noticed is that the pre rendered cutscenes (except for the intro with Reach for the Stars remix) seem quite low quality.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very disappointed to hear just how many technical issues still exist and how this is AFTER it being delayed a year (allegedly), game deserves better but this is what we get.

I have to ask is the day 1 patch given out to those playing on early access because I desperately want to hope it will clear some of this stuff up 

• Thumbs Up 1

Three issues for me so far:

1. Cut scenes not remastered and look very dated.

2. No way to toggle Navigator off after starting a game. Glad i realised in Act 2 if TR, otherwise I would have had to start a new game from scratch to deactivate it. Why the heck was the simple option to toggle not made available in the options menu!!???

3. No way to use d-pad in 2d sections and thumb stick control is a bit off when trying to jump etc

The rest, after 2 hrs play seems great. No sound issues yet but i agree with sluggish menu speed.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, JezMM said:

but music and sfx are tied together.

No fucking way. What year is this, 1999? When (if) I get this game, I was planning on putting the SFX on mute because of that awful perfect homing attack noise, you're seriously telling me that this isn't an option? Holy crap balls.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1