Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

12 minutes ago, Shaddy Zaphod said:

Sonic runs through forests all the time.

Sonic CD - A grassy plain

Sonic Jam - An empty desert

Sonic Adventure - A dense jungle

Sonic Adventure 2 - A radical highway

Sonic Heroes - A green hill zone & a desert canyon

Shadow's game - A city

Sonic Colors - A lively forest

Sonic Generations - A white void with grassy patces

Sonic Lost World - Windy Hill plain

Clearly that little teaser can only be one of these, assuming it's an intro cinematic..

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Right here

But that was a part of the background collage, something hastily chucked in for the visual effect and went unnoticed.. The unknown footage shown at the end is clearly there as a teaser for something new to come. Its placement is very intentional and obvious.

What, what? How?

How did someone manage to catch that quickly within the background collage AND link it up to the exact fan animation when there's thousands out there?!

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

...when there's thousands out there?!

There really aren't that many, any series of well animated 3D animations are usually from one channel....

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Sega doesn't own the right to your artwork just because you drew Sonic. This isn't some "fair play" for the poor little company to grab whatever they found in a Google search when they obviously have assets they actually created and do own. It's shitty regardless of the intention.

I know they don't have the rights, but I think we should be tolerant about it, just like Sega is tolerant toward fans using their content. It's still shitty because it looks unprofessional as heck (and unfitting too, in a compilation of footage from official games and material), but that's another thing.

If it was Nintendo I wouldn't have said that.

Gonna laugh if Sonic Colors Ultimate is a full-blown remake like people have wanted for SA1/SA2. Basically it makes the original Sonic Colors like the shitty Wii port to its PS3-era equivalent.

• Thumbs Up 5

I’m just happy we’re finally gonna hear something from official mouths, and not play this annoying back and forth “maybe, idk, I can’t tell you guys more” game with leakers. At least temporarily anyway 

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Detective Kaito said:

This looks very different from Colors' opening, and I don't see why they would remake anything in Colors or give it a new CGI opening cause it doesn't really need any of that. The game is perfectly fine presentation-wise.

If anything it looks like the 2010 Colours Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4PRXf0TYs

Keeping my expectations super super low. At best the rumors of remasters or ports are true. BUT i really hope at the end of the day that is NOT the only thing they plan to announce game was for sonics 30th. A remaster/port of when they hired the comedy writers.

As for the fan art thing surprised someone stared that hard to find it so fast. Though besides coming off as lazy in a legal standing wouldnt sega technically be able to claim it.

54 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

I don't think anybody mentioned this, but seeing Iizuka smiling like he was genuinely happy, in that announcement trailer, made me... kind of emotional?
The guy's been there for so long and is genuinely trying, still putting his face on the line. I respect that a lot. Can't wait to see what's next :).

Never have I lost faith that he genuinely loves this series and wants to see it grow good. Same for NiGHTS.

If he was given the task of revitalizing things (without SEGA Sammy's influence for once), I'd have faith he'd be able to pull it off as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I'm just glad that he's still showing he has a good relationship with Sega. Hopefully it'll shut people up who sincerely believe he was fired with absolutely no proof. 

Yeah, especially when he stated that he left on his own accords.  I don't know why people still think that SEGA fired him.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

Isn't this just the first 15 seconds of Color's opening... What does the teaser have to do with it?

And no they don't look the same at all 

not-the-same.thumb.jpg.d026766b74b88b3f9147cf085554986b.jpg

You know, looking at that picture, I wonder if, on the right, that the model for Sonic is a new one?

• Thumbs Up 1

Like mentioned already Sega basically supports all the fan stuff so I don’t see a problem with them using something in a clip video. I would personally be fine with it because I love Sonic. The video’s message is about the perseverance of the series and fan base. It fits even if it’s a mistake.

If they outright claimed a fan creation as they’re own work that’d be different. This though. It’s ok imo.

Excited to see what they announce. Hope for Prime details and new game teaser.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Sonic Central? You mean that really old website that for some reason had Fang the Sniper listed as a main character? They're bringing it back? Talk about nostalgia overload.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad this is finally happening. I'm one step closer to seeing what 4 years marinating in the reception of Forces and Mania will bring. Truthfully, it's been the most unpredictable the future's ever been in my eyes. I don't have a clue where their collective head is at right now.

All I can realistically hope for... is more Chaotix appearances in things.

As for what to expect? Still no clue.

Yeah, this ambiguity is actually what I want cleared up a little. What style are they going for here? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

You know, looking at that picture, I wonder if, on the right, that the model for Sonic is a new one?

I wonder, too. And I kind of hope so. Never particularly cared for the current model. Especially in the face. 

I'm hoping that from Forces' reception, they decide to move on to a more Dreamcast-esque style. From the looks, there have certainly been hints about it, but I really am not sure at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

So, what are the odds of whatever game that will be revealed being completely new?

i would say medium, maybe low at worst!

at this point it must be understood (although it can't be applied every time) across the world of video game promo events, that it helps to include something that is exciting for everyone, so that afterwards there is rather than a negative stream of comments linked to the event that sticks out from any positive response, but instead many positive ones all going at once! 

Just now, expansivelovestories said:

i would say medium, maybe low at worst!

at this point it must be understood (although it can't be applied every time) across the world of video game promo events, that it helps to include something that is exciting for everyone, so that afterwards there is rather than a negative stream of comments linked to the event that sticks out from any positive response, but instead many positive ones all going at once! 

I am expecting low, personally. I don't really think there will be something completely new.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd say low. I don't have any expectations aside from maybe a code name or something like we got with Project Sonic 2017.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Gotta Go Rational said:

Interesting that Roger Craig Smith (who also narrated the "Unstoppable" video) has retweeted the link about the presentation on Thursday too, the first time he's retweeted anything from SEGA since his leaving in January. I've an inkling that he and SEGA have come back to the table and worked out their disagreements. I have a strong gut feeling he might be staying as Sonic in the games.

...Unless he's only hyping stuff up for this Colours Ultimate announcement which he'll likely feature in, I guess.  😅

Doubt it. In all his talks, he barely even mentioned company policy, from what I remember. He just kinda said it's time he moves on. I think he came back for this as a sort of "passing of the torch" as someone mentioned earlier. It's not like he was doing a Sonic voice, anyway.

1 hour ago, CrystalMaelStorm said:

Even if it is...it wouldn't mean anything.

I'm sure every CG  model since Unleashed has been "new".

• Thumbs Up 2