Awoo.

Sonic Central Presentation coming May 27th | New Projects to be Announced

Wraith

26 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I think it's hilarious that in that this is the first Sonic games news from SEGA in years, and in this minute-long trailer they managed to include highlights such as...

Sonic's actual death scene in '06

Lol you’re right. It’s the equivalent of WWE celebrating the Katie Vick angle. 

In the Sonic 2 footage which looks like proper 16:9 widescreen you'll notice the life counter is at the bottom left of the screen, whereas it's at the top right of the screen in the mobile versions. So either the version of Sonic 1&2 in the new collection will indeed be the StealthTax remasters or SEGA took that footage from the PC decompiled version (which has the life counter at the bottom left of the screen) and are trolling us.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Considering footage from a fan animation got in, I'd be wary of taking any of these little background clips as "hints" or "leaks".

What did they use? I know this company has some bad history of swiping fan works but nothing really stood out to me.

Interesting that Roger Craig Smith (who also narrated the "Unstoppable" video) has retweeted the link about the presentation on Thursday too, the first time he's retweeted anything from SEGA since his leaving in January. I've an inkling that he and SEGA have come back to the table and worked out their disagreements. I have a strong gut feeling he might be staying as Sonic in the games.

...Unless he's only hyping stuff up for this Colours Ultimate announcement which he'll likely feature in, I guess.  😅

1 hour ago, Jango said:

CAN'T HOLD NO MUCH LONGER.

But it's not a SA remake, trust me.

Ahaha, I know, I know. It's very clearly a remade shot from the Colours intro, same glowing effect and all. 
I was just having fun

The "teaser" clip is interesting to me in that is very deliberately placed/angled so we don't see Sonic's face, while we can see he looks just a little chubbier than Modern generally does And of all the clips shown in that little bit at the very end, it's the only one where we don't either see his face or the back of his head. They might just be gearing us up to show off how our boy got a makeover.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

What did they use? I know this company has some bad history of swiping fan works but nothing really stood out to me.

Right here

But that was a part of the background collage, something hastily chucked in for the visual effect and went unnoticed.. The unknown footage shown at the end is clearly there as a teaser for something new to come. Its placement is very intentional and obvious.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Sonikko said:

Ahaha, I know, I know. It's very clearly a remade shot from the Colours intro, same glowing effect and all. 
I was just having fun

Tbh it looks more like SA than Colors. It probably is colors given that it’s a lot easier to soup up a simple 2010 game than remake a complex 1999 game, but I definitely see SA in that before anything Colors. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

Blue Blood pointed this out:

41 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

I'm sure it wasn't done with any malice or anything, everything else looks to be legit (unless that maybe-Colors-Ultimate bit turns out to be from somewhere else, but I'd expect someone to have identified it and said so by now), they just got sloppy, shit happens.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm sure it wasn't done with any malice or anything, everything else looks to be legit (unless that maybe-Colors-Ultimate bit turns out to be from somewhere else, but I'd expect someone to have identified it and said so by now), they just got sloppy, shit happens.

I wouldn't think it is, but whoever does stuff with the team tends to just not look at what they're putting together. There was some Super Monkey Ball art this happened with last year on their social media and they've posted random uncredited art in their livestreams before with cutesy notes as if that helps the artist. I guess it's just meant to fill in space in the background so whatever but it's still crazy to me they wouldn't have had any of their own footage to slot in easily for filler.

I usually don't make Sonic fan-arts (aside of a couple of exceptions) but if I did, I wouldn't mind Sega using one of my fan-arts without asking, since those fan-arts are made by using Sega's properties without authorization as well.

So I'm expecting that Colours Ultimate and the collection game will be announced on Thursday for release later this year/early next year. And they'll also announce another 30th anniversary themed event, at which they'll announce the next big main game. The Twitter post specifically mentions project, partnerships and events, so there's inevitably more to come. "Projects" could also the movie and Prime in addition to games, but I'm more inclined to think that Paramount and Netflix will take leadership on those, and if SEGA get to do any reveals then they'll do so at a bigger event than just this "Sonic Central" thing. We'll probably see new comic information, merchandise and new animation shorts (ala Mania and TSR) if such exists.  

1 minute ago, Iko said:

I usually don't make Sonic fan-arts (aside of a couple of exceptions) but if I did, I wouldn't mind Sega using one of my fan-arts without asking, since those fan-arts are made by using Sega's properties without authorization as well.

That's not the point at all.

Oh boi I'm hyped. Hope the stream isnt as bad as the one they did when mania and forces were announced XD 

14 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

(unless that maybe-Colors-Ultimate bit turns out to be from somewhere else

Dude. The worst part is. It could actually happen knowing SEGA. I don't want to believe that tho' xD Sonic has a cyan shine on him, that's my dead giveaway, the forest in the background is really tricky to figure.

6 minutes ago, Iko said:

Sega doesn't own the right to your artwork just because you drew Sonic. This isn't some "fair play" for the poor little company to grab whatever they found in a Google search when they obviously have assets they actually created and do own. It's shitty regardless of the intention.

• Thumbs Up 4

The background doesn't look like Planet Wisp to me, but maybe it is and when we see more of it I'll feel silly. The animation is pretty different too and I'm not sure if they'd reanimate an intro video that's not even a story thing.

• Thumbs Up 7

15 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

So I'm expecting that Colours Ultimate and the collection game will be announced on Thursday for release later this year/early next year. And they'll also announce another 30th anniversary themed event, at which they'll announce the next big main game. The Twitter post specifically mentions project, partnerships and events, so there's inevitably more to come. "Projects" could also the movie and Prime in addition to games, but I'm more inclined to think that Paramount and Netflix will take leadership on those, and if SEGA get to do any reveals then they'll do so at a bigger event than just this "Sonic Central" thing. We'll probably see new comic information, merchandise and new animation shorts (ala Mania and TSR) if such exists.  

Pretty much what I'm expecting as well, and possibly the best way to approach this anniversary celebration, honestly, instead of rushing a game to meet the milestone or leaving the anniversary year empty, a collection and a remaster seems like a great way to keep people busy and the interest raised.

Sonic Central? You mean that really old website that for some reason had Fang the Sniper listed as a main character? They're bringing it back? Talk about nostalgia overload.

In all seriousness though, I'm glad this is finally happening. I'm one step closer to seeing what 4 years marinating in the reception of Forces and Mania will bring. Truthfully, it's been the most unpredictable the future's ever been in my eyes. I don't have a clue where their collective head is at right now.

All I can realistically hope for... is more Chaotix appearances in things.

As for what to expect? Still no clue.

• Thumbs Up 5

4 hours ago, Soniman said:

Wtf is this bros?

AB869B8B-1D24-4E72-93E4-3CEE4419FA8F.gif

I'm not sure why, but I think of SATAM's opening instead of a Forest Zone in any Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Celestia said:

The background doesn't look like Planet Wisp to me, but maybe it is and when we see more of it I'll feel silly. The animation is pretty different too and I'm not sure if they'd reanimate an intro video that's not even a story thing.

It's the opening cutscene to the Labyrinth remake.

Sonic is running around in a forest--like he does. Next scene he takes a nap and Eggman swaps his shoes and dumps him in a maze. Sonic is a heavy sleeper to compensate for all the running he does, after all.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2
  • My Emmerdoods 1

1 hour ago, Whatever the WhoCares said:

Lol you’re right. It’s the equivalent of WWE celebrating the Katie Vick angle. 

Do I even want to know the context?

Gonna be honest, I don't think that CG shot is based off of anything we've seen of Adventure or Colors.

That doesn't mean it can't be either of those, but if it is, we won't be able to tell just going off what we've seen here. There's nothing there that directly suggests either. Sonic runs through forests all the time.

1 hour ago, Gotta Go Rational said:

Interesting that Roger Craig Smith (who also narrated the "Unstoppable" video) has retweeted the link about the presentation on Thursday too, the first time he's retweeted anything from SEGA since his leaving in January. I've an inkling that he and SEGA have come back to the table and worked out their disagreements. I have a strong gut feeling he might be staying as Sonic in the games.

...Unless he's only hyping stuff up for this Colours Ultimate announcement which he'll likely feature in, I guess.  😅

I'm just glad that he's still showing he has a good relationship with Sega. Hopefully it'll shut people up who sincerely believe he was fired with absolutely no proof. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Boy, these forums were really starved for news. Can’t blame ya, but still.