Awoo.

Requiem for a Hedgehog

Machenstein

Did anyone even play that game? It's not as if the original Altered Beast was that great anyway.

So far as Sonic is concerned, all negative perceptions can be eliminate. In turn, the positive perception becomes reality; it will be as if all that drama never even existed.

I hope you're right. If the positive perceptions Sonic once had can be eliminated, then why not the negative perceptions? If that's the case, maybe the "it's too late" attitude can be expelled after all. And if not, there's always the next generation of kids. Who needs those bitter old farts anyway?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Machenstein

• turbojet

• Kintor

• Nepenthe

Let me put it this way: Sonic 06 was not the worst game Sega has made recently. They really do deserve their shaky reputation.

Mad World, Alpha Protocol, Bayonetta, Chronicles of Valkyrie, Yakuza 3, The Conduit, and the start of the 2K development team begore branching out to be independent. Sure some of those games were only published by Sega but that doesn't merit their reputation you imposed upon them. Especially since they mass produce games on the level of Capcom.

I hope you're right. If the positive perceptions Sonic once had can be eliminated, then why not the negative perceptions? If that's the case, maybe the "it's too late" attitude can be expelled after all. And if not, there's always the next generation of kids. Who needs those bitter old farts anyway?

Yes, exactly. As far as I'm concerned, it's never too late. I believe that popular opinion can be turned around, given enough time and resources. Of course, as you said, if all else fails, Sega can just create a new generation of Sonic fans. One day this perception of Sonic's popularity will be a thing of the past, even if takes another decade or more.

Don't take me wrong, but your question is quite silly, especially asking that on SONIC FAN forum. People here are nostalgic, and the game (character) they spent a lot of hours playing, some even collecting toys, t-shirts and what so not, and you ask them, why do they care? Even though I don't care much for Sonic anymore, I still like to play old games, and still give a chance to new game, with hope it will also be fun to play them like it used to be. That's not impossible. I still have a great fun playing Mario like I used to when I was a kid, and I want Sonic to manage to that level. To have fun and cool game to play and to finally stop to be nostalgia creeps and actually enjoy in modern games. Sonic needs to improve, not to fail. Hopefully, Sega will manage to do this till they still have loyal fans like some people on this board. That's all folks. Cheers!

Mad World, Alpha Protocol, Bayonetta, Chronicles of Valkyrie, Yakuza 3, The Conduit, and the start of the 2K development team begore branching out to be independent. Sure some of those games were only published by Sega but that doesn't merit their reputation you imposed upon them. Especially since they mass produce games on the level of Capcom.

Half of those either haven't come out yet or are before the time frame I'm talking about. As for the others, for every Valkyria Chronicles, there's an Iron Man. From the second half of 2003 all the way up to 2007, the only good stuff to come out of Sega were all made by AM2, which might as well be a separate company at this point.