Awoo.

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Announced

tailsBOOM!

1 hour ago, SatAMhog said:

Heck, maybe Infinite will be playable this time(probably wishful thinking given Team Sonic Racing and the pushing of Zavoc..).

To be fair, I don't really see why one would mean the other can't be there in some form.

Also, it's spelled like Kool.

• Thumbs Up 1

On March 30, 2019 at 9:30 AM, DabigRG said:

Ah, it's back eh? Didn't they skip one at one point?

Either way, great to see this getting another entry! Hopefully, if they can/can't manage it well, they'll only drop or rather demote a few of the more fringey characters from Rio, but add in a few more if possible to keep with the times.

With that said, some like Cream, Zavok, and Pom Pom all feel like they should be features.

Also, is Tokyo known for having different/unique events among the other countries?

There was this kid from a biker gang that gained psychic powers and mutates into a grotesque biomass. : P

2 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

There was this kid from a biker gang that gained psychic powers and mutates into a grotesque biomass. : P

Well, it is 2019.

Hm, I haven't shared my thoughts yet. And what are they?

It looks cool. Kind of interesting, I guess. I hope for Dream Events, and a story mode if they can fit one in. And an event mode where you have to play through campaigns with different bosses and such. If you're just making a game that's just full of mini-games, at least be somewhat worth the price tag.

Oh, and something like the village from the 2010 Winter Games would be nice, where you can customise the heck out of everything with the shops there, and see the different characters stroll through the place.

53 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Wuh...--D'oh! 

Not what I meant!  

I'll never understand the appeal of these olympic games. I just don't see the point of having characters with their abilities totally nerfed. That totally kills the point of having them in the first place for me.

1 hour ago, Tarnish said:

I'll never understand the appeal of these olympic games. I just don't see the point of having characters with their abilities totally nerfed. That totally kills the point of having them in the first place for me.

I'm kinda surprised they didn't jump on a "spirit of competition" vibe to address that. You could have just added a throwaway line like, the power of the Olympic flame leveled the playing field to promote competitiveness or something and everything is would be hunky dory. lol

9 hours ago, Tarnish said:

Truthfully, there is no real appeal to having their abilities nerfed. It's literally just so we can watch our favorite characters humiliate themselves by dancing and sprinting like mad-men for a Gold metal. They could, admittedly, make that more worth-while in the console versions by doing what the 3DS and handheld versions do and GIVE US A STORY MODE but what do I know.

... I mean seriously. It's all text anyway? Why not give the consoles the story too? Come on...

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that, due to the nature of the Switch itself, that we might get the hybrid Mario and Sonic version for the first time, combining everything from the console versions with the handheld versions too.

But hey, we may not even know about anything on the game until like, the next Nintendo Direct, then we can figure out what is hidden beyond the reveal

1 hour ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

I think that, due to the nature of the Switch itself, that we might get the hybrid Mario and Sonic version for the first time, combining everything from the console versions with the handheld versions too.

But hey, we may not even know about anything on the game until like, the next Nintendo Direct, then we can figure out what is hidden beyond the reveal

I won't get my hopes up due to being conditioned after Forces to always expect them to either repeat what they did before or do something that'll disappoint me BUT... I will admit, that does sound plausible. At the very least, it's something I can see actually happening, unlike the addition of new playable characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, MarioAmigosYT said:

So you want Mario & Sonic Ultimate? Same, but I really don't expect that. They always do new stuff to make them seem different from each other. And they are doing it this time too with new events like skateboarding and the sports outifits. I still want few events but well made, which includes Dream ones. Not more than 24 events in total. The oppsosite of London 3DS, which had over 50 shitty short minigames and restricted every character to certain events.

4 minutes ago, Jack the Shadow said:

So you want Mario & Sonic Ultimate? Same, but I really don't expect that.

True, they had over 3-2 years of development on it so I wouldn't expect them to do the impossible like with Smash

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mik-Eggman said:

Truthfully, there is no real appeal to having their abilities nerfed. It's literally just so we can watch our favorite characters humiliate themselves by dancing and sprinting like mad-men for a Gold metal. They could, admittedly, make that more worth-while in the console versions by doing what the 3DS and handheld versions do and GIVE US A STORY MODE but what do I know.

... I mean seriously. It's all text anyway? Why not give the consoles the story too? Come on...

Yeah, seriously. How hard could it be? Didn't Rio have one, actually?

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, seriously. How hard could it be? Didn't Rio have one, actually?

All the handheld versions had one. The best the console versions have gotten is... London Party. Where you do games and occasionally, Charmy or Jet or whoever will say a thing. 

54 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

All the handheld versions had one. The best the console versions have gotten is... London Party. Where you do games and occasionally, Charmy or Jet or whoever will say a thing. 

Oh yeah, London Party was great for what it was!

54 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Where you do games and occasionally, Charmy or Jet or whoever will say a thing. 

Not gonna lie, I had to do a double take here.

• Promotion 1

Rio had an amazing Story mode, finally we get to experience the joy of being a random bystander uninvolved with the plot while Sonic and Maro have a thrilling adventure off-screen.

• Chuckle 3

On 4/1/2019 at 4:28 AM, Tarnish said:

I'll never understand the appeal of these olympic games. 

• Promotion 5

5 hours ago, Heckboy said:

Those Toads with camera and the one Chao on the corner make this look wrong somehow.

• 2 months later...

I must say I barely have any interest in this outside of seeing the character outfits, and maybe getting small new playable roles for characters like Charmy, Pauline or Zeena. The wacky dream events and modes with some depth like Adventure Tours or London Party have kept the first two sequels fresh and interesting, but Sochi and Rio were both really lacking in this regard. I wish they jumped more into the Dream Olympics part which have so much potential, gave us another mode with an explorable hub world and most of all, gave fun Dream events like Dream Bobsled at Sweet Mountain more courses, difficulties and online multiplayer, so they stay interesting for more than 20 minutes..but I guess that's a minigame collection for ya. Sochi was still a joke with the 3 events you could play online.

With the Olympic events, it just feels like we've had this very game three times before already, in Beijing, London, Rio and now Tokyo. There's only so much you can do to make 100m Sprint more interesting.

I just wish Rouge will get a new outfit when she comes back for the next winter games. I even have drawn one! 

1559961440582-589551165.jpg

Totally unrealistic I know, but screw it: I'd like to Tangle turn up in this. IDW Sonic seems to have more ties with Sonic Team than Archie Sonic ever had, and with Tangle and Whisper getting their mini-series before the game comes out. IDW is still fresh and new, and I genuinely think what may of been considered impossible with the Archie run isn't so impossible with the new IDW run. Very unlikely, I know, but I mean if Sticks can turn up in 2016...

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if Infinite turns up in this. Sega seems determined to bury him along with Forces at the moment, and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't want him for a while. Maybe in 2022 when Forces is more forgotten he'll turn up, but at the moment, I think Infinite maybe trapped in Sega purgatory, although at least with more chance of a return than Black Doom or the Sonic '06 baddies.

15 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

Totally unrealistic I know, but screw it: I'd like to Tangle turn up in this. IDW Sonic seems to have more ties with Sonic Team than Archie Sonic ever had, and with Tangle and Whisper getting their mini-series before the game comes out. IDW is still fresh and new, and I genuinely think what may of been considered impossible with the Archie run isn't so impossible with the new IDW run. Very unlikely, I know, but I mean if Sticks can turn up in 2016...

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if Infinite turns up in this. Sega seems determined to bury him along with Forces at the moment, and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't want him for a while. Maybe in 2022 when Forces is more forgotten he'll turn up, but at the moment, I think Infinite maybe trapped in Sega purgatory, although at least with more chance of a return than Black Doom or the Sonic '06 baddies.

No, keep Tangle in the IDW comics please. 

Also, Infinite is likely never showing up again for similar reasons as Mephiles.