Awoo.

Mario and Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Announced

tailsBOOM!

11 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

"Hey Amy," Says Tails as he stands in Green Hill Zone, "Let's go over to Sticks' house. You know? Sticks. The girl who's our friend and has totally always been our friend all this time and we know her because she's such good friends with us always."

The kinda-sorta, a little sad thing is that you joking makes some plausible sense.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:31 AM, Roger_van_der_weide said:

I wonder if Sticks will return, thus upgrade her to legit spinoff Sonic character and not merely a promotional tool for when the Sonic Boom TV show was still running.

They already did a little comic of her for the 25th anniversary.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

They already did a little comic of her for the 25th anniversary.

Where can you find it?

Actually, real quick nit pick, it sucks that Charmy doesn't get an outfit. 

• Promotion 1

I wanna have Tails kick Sonic's ass in all the fighting events. He'll be so embarrassed.

At least I want Rouge and other character to be playable in the mobile version , I don't think add them wouldn't be a big deal as switch version .

I really hope this game doesn’t do the exact thing Rio did and limit the new characters to specific events. That, and the lack of Dream Events solidified that game as being the worst one in the series for me.

Otherwise, the game looks nice. i’m glad they’re giving the characters unique outfits. Reminds me of Mario Tennis Aces.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, The Very Inactive One said:

I really hope this game doesn’t do the exact thing Rio did and limit the new characters to specific events. That, and the lack of Dream Events solidified that game as being the worst one in the series for me.

Otherwise, the game looks nice. i’m glad they’re giving the characters unique outfits. Reminds me of Mario Tennis Aces.

The Dream events are back here though, so that's good.

They probably have trouble with incorporating and balancing 40 characters in every event, with animations and stats, so I doubt we will see more than 20 slots + Mii + 1 Guest. But it's okay, there are more events, so the guests could be playable a little more.

That said, I think there should be no restrictions in the mobile game.

6 hours ago, Waluigi Smash said:

Is that Archery song from something?

Kinda wish that skateboard match had been between Eggman and Bowser.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New interview: https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-sonic-at-the-olympic-games-tokyo-2020-dev-on-using-the-joy-con-characters-new-elements-more/

Bad things: Only 4 new real events, the ones we saw in the trailer. Same character roster only with new clothes.

Cool things: possibly more dream events, more depth and personality and perhaps a story mode? Can't tell because the answers are vague. I'm hoping for a new trailer.

Can't say I'm surprised that they're using the same roster.  Considering the budget of these games is rather limited, they're going to cut corners where they can.  That being said, I'm happy as I get to play as Blaze again a second time this year.  

3 hours ago, Tangled Jack said:

New interview: https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-sonic-at-the-olympic-games-tokyo-2020-dev-on-using-the-joy-con-characters-new-elements-more/

Bad things: Only 4 new real events, the ones we saw in the trailer. Same character roster only with new clothes.

Cool things: possibly more dream events, more depth and personality and perhaps a story mode? Can't tell because the answers are vague. I'm hoping for a new trailer.

Well shoot.

Are boss characters still gonna be a thing?

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

Well shoot.

Are boss characters still gonna be a thing?

Guests for 1 or 2 events, I guess. I mean, we saw Zavok, so...

20 minutes ago, Tangled Jack said:

Guests for 1 or 2 events, I guess. I mean, we saw Zavok, so...

Okay, just checking. Have to wonder if they'll still take the opportunity to add a few new ones.

SEGA stated we will have the same amount of characters, but they didn’t say anything about the new characters we got in Rio 2016, so what does this mean for them? 

Will they be guests once more or will they be unlockable in the game? 

https://twitter.com/sonicwindblue/status/1163140814102548480?s=21

https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-sonic-at-the-olympic-games-tokyo-2020-dev-on-using-the-joy-con-characters-new-elements-more/

I still stand by my opinion, the sports minigames in Mario & Sonic series used to suck in general, they were basic minigames really, until Rio made them into real games, the issue with that game was that it had every few events. This one seems to do sports in a deep way, really well made, and this time there are tons of them, including Dream ones. So with a story mode (?), this could easily be the best Mario & Sonic game. It really depends on what kind of single player mode there is. But it's already a bigger budget title than Rio and TSR.

Yeah, Rio didn't really do anything...

There's a neat gimmick.

Too bad they didn't make any new sprites.

Classic.

Oh, das nice. Dose are some nice renders.

But...why does Sonic the Hedgehog look so angry riding that Skateboard?

Blaze is the water princess now.