Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

2 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

Bugs ahoy folks. People are finding that they can't get Nitro and that they aren't getting proper coins all the time either.

Oy vey, it's always something. 

The whole million dollar limit thing doesn't help matters either.

Like why would you want to limit how much money can go to charity anyway?

As far as I can tell, I'm getting the coins right (2x even in offline modes), but yeah, not nitro points ;/ 

Multiple players have been reporting issues with the Pit Stop rotation again.

Also, N. Trance's beach skin still hasn't resurfaced.  Condolences to anyone trying to obtain such until Beenox fix up that blunder.

• Thumbs Up 1

Any notice on when the Spyro Decal Reward drops? I know I didn’t play as much last GP but I was certainly within the top 5% perimeters - usually these rewards pop up when the next GP starts, so I wondered if it was related to the “visual glitch” which stopped you from topping up the meter last week.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:16 PM, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

Look alive folks, we've got ourselves a new datamine leak, courtesy of BetaM. And boy oh boy, Season 5 is looking quite lively with the content.

Reveal hidden contents

et256xet77q31.jpg

Want some more? Because BetaM's got more juice on Season 5 here:

Spoiler

apaf6zlmnyq31.png

As someone who lingers on Discord alongside BetaM in the Crash channel, I can vouch for this.

If only Beenox was as good in fixing the game as they are in making legendary skins xD It's true that they fixed some issues a week ago and even added stuff people been asking for ages. But they gotta test that shit before releasing...

It always feels like it’s two steps forward, three steps back with this game. They add tons of stuff that sound good on paper, until it turns out the coin bonus for offline is still kinda pitiful and limited, and practically break the Grand Prix items and Nitro Fuel Up in the process.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, them increasing the basic daily challenges (check the store, win a race, use customization, etc.) to 200 points creates a bit of an... well I don't know if it should be called an issue or not. See, assuming the GP is running for 29 days, and assuming one can go online racing, you can get 1000 points a day... at minimum. That's already 29000 free points, but factor in the ability to boost four of those challenges to 300 points and you get 1400 points a day, totaling 40600 points over the 29 day period of the GP. In other words, as long as you sign in for the five minutes it takes to do the challenges and do a couple of the themed/pro challenges, you are pretty much guaranteed to meet the 42000 point threshold. So screw the nitro fill up, save those coins for the GP items in the pit stop... whenever they show up, that is. As an aside, I've been trying to get the Electron Roadster tires for far too long now, just show up already.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:20 PM, Jango said:

If only Beenox was as good in fixing the game as they are in making legendary skins xD It's true that they fixed some issues a week ago and even added stuff people been asking for ages. But they gotta test that shit before releasing...

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

It always feels like it’s two steps forward, three steps back with this game. They add tons of stuff that sound good on paper, until it turns out the coin bonus for offline is still kinda pitiful and limited, and practically break the Grand Prix items and Nitro Fuel Up in the process.

This is the main reason why people were a bit uncomfortable when Beenox was first announced to be the ones behind this remake.

For anyone familiar with Beenox, their history with stuff like Spider-Man showcases how prone to bugs their games can be. Wanna know why? Because they're one of Activision's studios that constantly get called to work on Call of Duty, which comes as a detriment to other games they work on alongside such.

A lot of the good they've done for CTR Nitro Fueled can't be denied, but the countless errors made that cot the detriment of the experience can't be either. Not helped but constant problems with online, nitro guage being messed with, etc. And another running theme is how in fixing something, they create another problem. 

And if I'm to be honest, up until the Spooky Grand Prix, the way that they addressed a lot of problems wasn't the best either.

More on this now. Sure, it's more nitpick-tier, but it's still quite annoying how all new characters who are villains...get that ill-fitting bandicoot victory theme. 

On 10/3/2019 at 1:55 AM, Dr Egg-Gin said:

Saw an online player (not AI) using Moe, I assume through one of the exploits I heard about months back.

I love his victory animation.

He literally has a skin that makes him a jedi.

Spoiler

EGAFHERXUAAX2-E.jpg

So, apparently they added skill-based matchmaking. No word on the metric it uses for judging.

That's..fine, I guess. Would rather they dedicated more time to actually fixing the game.

6 minutes ago, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

So, apparently they added skill-based matchmaking. No word on the metric it uses for judging.

That's..fine, I guess. Would rather they dedicated more time to actually fixing the game.

I noticed I've been paired with decent opponents lately.

1 hour ago, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

1 hour ago, Sonictrainer said:

I noticed I've been paired with decent opponents lately.

Yeah, same here. Haven't played today, but I can definitely say that it's been a while since I've been put in a lobby with a pack of scrubs. Which is making some of the themed challenges difficult (winning on Nina's Nightmare without using items for example) but I welcome that. Besides, I don't really care about Nitro now anyways, for reasons I went into in my last post here. Sitting pretty at about 27000 right now, so I don't really have to do anymore challenges.

Oh, that explains why I got my ass kicked yesterday 😅 Glad Beenox is being more vocal about the stuff they're updating.

Yeah... I wondered why I wasn’t getting anywhere this week. Much harder to grind for coins when your arse is handed to you every race. Usually I can top 3, since Monday I’m lucky to get 5th place. 

The only times I’ve won has been from players rage quitting or the servers not working. Nina’s Nightmare has been a nightmare for this (well, it works to my advantage) because I keep winning races as every player seems to drop out 20 seconds in. Cars zooming about sideways and in the air and everywhere. Easy win at least but it happens almost every time on this track.

Hooefully they’ll be an option for ranked and random matchmaking in a future update.

Did someone else also say there’s an issue with the pit stop? I’m getting little to no rotation for any new skins and colours. Really want Dark Coco and Monster Fake Crash, but a week of spending and waiting and still nothing. Took forever for a ghostly colour to appear as well. 

Interestingly I do now have Komodo Joe, but the current “multi offer” on the pit stop for the rest of the items is now just the same if not worse than if you buy them individually haha!

Much as the skill-based matchmaking was a nice idea on paper, it has generated a new problem of lobbies being harder to come by for players.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:58 AM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Fuck it, make it a Twinsanity theme. Academy of Evil as a track, Nina as a character, and Evil Crash, Evil Coco, and Nice Cortex as the skins.

Well....we got two of those things.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:06 AM, Son-icka said:

Did someone else also say there’s an issue with the pit stop? I’m getting little to no rotation for any new skins and colours. Really want Dark Coco and Monster Fake Crash, but a week of spending and waiting and still nothing. Took forever for a ghostly colour to appear as well. 

Yes, this is happening now. New decals and stickers still pop-up, but old skins are plenty. I can't stand seeing Gangster Pinstripe and Gentleman Ripper Roo anymore xD Only yesterday a ghost wheel decided to show up, along with Firefighter Dingodile skin. The bundles still appear very often, but I already bought Brio and Moe separately on the very first day. C'mon Beenox, this wasn't happening in previous GP's.

Apparently they'll be addressing things with another patch. 

Hmmm. Let's see:

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled October 10 Update

A new title update has released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as of today, October 10, 2019. It will release for Nintendo Switch by the end of next week (week of October 14). The following will be addressed in this update:

All platforms:

• Fix to address issue with Spyro & Friends Grand Prix Champion Decal
  • Fix to address lap skip exploits and other issues in Nina's Nightmare map
  • Fix to address issue with Spooky Grand Prix items not being prioritized in Pit Stop
  • Balance tweaks to Drift driving style
  • Added Life Saver N. Trance skin to the Pit Stop rotation
  • Added Spyro & Friends Grand Prix Nitro Gauge assets to the Pit Stop rotation
    • Items that were not displaying correctly in the Nitro Fill-Up  at the end of the Spyro & Friends Grand Prix are in the Pit Stop rotation
    • The items will be in the Pit Stop rotation for the remainder of the Spooky Grand Prix

Nintendo Switch Specific:

• Fix to address issue with Nina's Nightmare and Android Alley sharing the same leaderboard

• Thumbs Up 4

It’s neat they added the Spyro stuff to the pit shop, but it’s also lame you’ve now gotta shell up the coins for it. MoM Crunch will probably be a nightmare too since it’ll be in costume rotation.

1 hour ago, Nina Cortex Spookhexeon said:

Apparently they'll be addressing things with another patch. 

Hmmm. Let's see:

Oh great.

43 minutes ago, Jango said:

Oh great.

I can see why you're exasperated by this song and dance routine.

9 minutes ago, Jango said:

Excuse me, what?

Your tone gave off the inkling that you're tired of Beenox's "two steps forward and three steps back" routine, as you've already expressed annoyance at them doing such.

Not that you'd be blamed for feeling that way. It has gotten tiring.