Awoo.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (June 21st, 2019)

Jango

I salute everyone that spent so much time grinding. I gave up halfway in gold. Got tired. But I did learn to take up hunting horn in mhw and got three houses.  Hopefully babys drop soon. I bet rex is a heavy tier racer

I really don't give a damn (I've been using this word a lot lately, hm) for the baby characters or the T-Rex... Wish my boy N. Brio or Koala Kong were in this next GP instead... Can't wait for Spyro's GP tho'. That's gonna be awesome.

You know, I've always wondered why N.Brio was more or less completely absent from the original CTR (the potions are pretty much the only reference to him). Then again, he rarely shows up in the series proper anyways (Crash 1, 2, and Twinsanity are the only actual Crash games I can think of where he appears). On the topic of CTR, I wonder if out trophies are gonna carry over from one GP to the next, or it everyone's gonna get rolled back to zero. Also, I was playing randoms online and one of them was one of the top 10 players. While I came within inches of the finish line, we all DNF'd, so protip: if you see someone on the top 10 join the lobby, then forget about winning.

5 minutes ago, Harkofthewaa said:

You know, I've always wondered why N.Brio was more or less completely absent from the original CTR (the potions are pretty much the only reference to him). Then again, he rarely shows up in the series proper anyways (Crash 1, 2, and Twinsanity are the only actual Crash games I can think of where he appears). On the topic of CTR, I wonder if out trophies are gonna carry over from one GP to the next, or it everyone's gonna get rolled back to zero. Also, I was playing randoms online and one of them was one of the top 10 players. While I came within inches of the finish line, we all DNF'd, so protip: if you see someone on the top 10 join the lobby, then forget about winning.

The trophies are apart of the championship leaderboard, so they’ll definitely be rolled back, otherwise people would have a massive unfair advantage.

1 hour ago, Harkofthewaa said:

I raced (does this word exists?) against one of the current top 10 players on the PS4, his ID "Pepo" something, I can't remember right now. I won against him on Polar Pass, but then again, he rage quited on the last lap after I dicked him with an Aku-Aku mask inches before the shortcut. He lost all his speed and faced the wall you're suppose to jump over after the cave lol He was playing as Dingodile. I remember vividly he was SUPER laggy, tho'. Teleporting a hell lot, I don't even know how I hit him TBH, but it was glorious.

I wish Beenox could add a "no-weapons" mode. As much as I like them and understand they were and still are a core part of the game, the randomizing system is kinda broken. I got Aku-Aku masks and even Warp Balls in 2nd place a few times, which gave me an easy win, although it did felt rather unfair. But eh, what can I do? Don't hate the player, hate the game :V But yeah, no weapons mode would be cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 07/30/19 at 8:12 AM, DabigRG said:

So what was the deal with this Grand Prix ya'll been talkin about? 

Next season for Crash Team Racing. it's going to include more characters, karts, and a track. Supposedly its launching this weekend.

1 hour ago, mayday2592 said:

Supposedly its launching this weekend.

The hell!? Where's this coming from??

24 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

The hell!? Where's this coming from??

Relax. It's just a safe assumption, since the data mining revealed that Beenox has plans to make a GP per month. September will be Spyro's and October will be called Spooky GP. Nothing is yet officially confirmed tho'. I too believe it might just start this next weekend. What would be the matter with that?

On 7/29/2019 at 6:44 PM, Jango said:

Relax

No need to be patronizing.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:44 PM, Jango said:

What would be the matter with that?

For Crash fans who want a break from the game, but also want the collectibles, a month after month scheme is going to get old, especially considering how run into the ground people already felt after this last grand prix. Especially given how grand prixs function.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, looks like the next GP is starting in 3 days. This is coming straight from the games main menu.

Ugh. They still haven't handed out Champion Karts yet.

On 07/30/19 at 2:11 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

And I'm already dreading it.

I mean  no one is forcing you to play it day one Lol. Im still taking a break for a while and then getting whatever i can in a week or so. Had more than enough for all the gold tier rewards last event so I'm sure i'll be fine. Surprised some of you guys still play considering the general consensus around here.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:14 PM, mayday2592 said:

I mean  no one is forcing you to play it day one

Regardless of when one starts, what awaits is the monotony of grinding to get rewards, not to mention, the "bonus" mechanics, which means less variety in the online races and whatnot.

Like, even if someone doesn't partake in challenges,  chances are they'll get visually bored with the new scene of grand prix characters and gear, mainly used for the bonuses.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Well, looks like the next GP is starting in 3 days. This is coming straight from the games main menu.

Um. Well. That didn't take long.

I can see how this scheduling will start to grate on people's nerves.

• Chuckle 1

20 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

Regardless of when one starts, what awaits is the monotony of grinding to get rewards, not to mention, the "bonus" mechanics, which means less variety in the online races and whatnot.

Like, even if someone doesn't partake in challenges,  chances are they'll get visually bored with the new scene if grand prix characters and gear, mainly used for the bonuses.

And, in addition, there's the huge problem that certain items and characters kept to bundles are rendered unavailable, as this last grand prix showed. :U

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

No need to be patronizing.

For Crash fans who want a break from the game, but also want the collectibles, a month after month scheme is going to get old, especially how run into the ground people already felt after this last grand prix. Especially given how grand prixs function.

I hope it starts right way, so we can get over with and move on to the real GP: Spyro's. 

33 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

And, in addition, there's the huge problem that certain items and characters kept to bundles are rendered unavailable, as this last grand prix showed. :U

Huge? It was literally one bundle. No need to be overreacting.

51 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Um. Well. That didn't take long.

Doesn't take much to some here tho' :U

13 minutes ago, Jango said:

I hope it starts right way, so we can get over with and move on to the real GP: Spyro's. 

Huge? It was literally one bundle. No need to be overreacting.

One bundle that's permanently locked away a character for what could be two full months now because Activision and/or Beenox are dip-shits with how they designed it.

N Trance happens to be one of my favourite villains in the series, but since I didn't get the coins needed to unlock him when the Summer bundle was around, I'm now permanently unable to get him until they bring it back. That is just horrendously awful design. 

So no, it's huge. A character that's part of the main roster is locked out for months on end. That's like if you were locked out of unlocking Sonic in Smash Ultimate for two months. That's a main character locked for no reason whatsoever other than bad design.

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

One bundle that's permanently locked away a character for what could be two full months now because Activision and/or Beenox are dip-shits with how they designed it.

N Trance happens to be one of my favourite villains in the series, but since I didn't get the coins needed to unlock him when the Summer bundle was around, I'm now permanently unable to get him until they bring it back. That is just horrendously awful design. 

So no, it's huge. A character that's part of the main roster is locked out for months on end. That's like if you were locked out of unlocking Sonic in Smash Ultimate for two months. That's a main character locked for no reason whatsoever other than bad design.

If it's your favorite, why you didn't unlocked it right way, then? lol It's easier to blame the game I guess. I'm not even gonna argue with that Sonic / Smash parallel because that's like apples and oranges compared to N. Trance.

11 hours ago, Jango said:

Huge? It was literally one bundle.

At least two cases actually. One for  N. Trance and the other for Princess Coco. Might be forgetting some while we're at it.

11 hours ago, Jango said:

No need to be overreacting.

As requested before, please don't be condescending in white knighting this game.

No matter which way you cut it Jango, it's a bone-headed decision that bars countless players from base content of all things.

I was lucky to have gotten N. Trance when I did, but I can't get the Princess Coco costume as long as this grand prix fest goes on.

In what sense of logic is that a good idea???

10 hours ago, Jango said:

I'm not even gonna argue with that Sonic / Smash parallel because that's like apples and oranges.

I guess that's because the makers of Smash weren't so incompetent and tone deaf as to wall off content like that unlike CTR NF.

N..Trance was incredibly expensive and showed  up  in a bundle that didn't pop up  often so i don't blame anyone for being angry about that decision.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jango said:

If it's your favorite, why you didn't unlocked it right way, then? lol It's easier to blame the game I guess. 

Oh idk, maybe because the bundle was worth 7500 coins, was rare, swapped out with a Coco bundle, and at the dogshit rate you earn coins in this game, it would've taken forever to get there? But I guess it isn't the game's fault for online being broken at launch, and two full adventure runs giving out about 5000 coins max.

But sure, keep blaming the players for this game's stupid design.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

At least two cases actually. One for Nash and the other for Princess Coco. Might be forgetting some while we're at it.

As requested before, please don't be condescending in white knighting this game.

No matter which way you cut it Jango, it's a bone-headed decision that bars countless players from base content of all things.

I was lucky to have gotten Nash when I did, but I can't get the Princess Coco costume as long as this grand prix fest goes on.

In what sense of logic is that a good idea???

Pretty sure Nash didn't dissapeared from the Pit Stop during the GP.

NO ONE should be dissapearing during Grand Prix. There was NEVER any indication tthose items would be unavailable for a while. There's literally no reason this should happen since everything else is available outside of bundles in the pitstop outside of  the  mentioned examples.

• Thumbs Up 1