Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

16 hours ago, Tenko said:

Didn't they say in a recent stream that the Knuckles episode was made shorter than the first two to kick up production on the last two episodes. Likely to get them both out sooner than a month like the first three. I wonder if the last episode may be slightly longer being the climax of the series.

God I hope that the final episode ends on a teaser or an announcement. This would make such a great cartoon series.

Is that Sonic Birthday Party thing tomorrow going to have any info on future projects? Because if so I'm betting if there is a full Mania cartoon series it'll probably be announced there.

• Fist Bump 1

Here they are, after all these years!

Spoiler

My boy Metal's still got it! The animation's just getting better and better, and we finally get to see these two interact outside of Archie!

The finale's gonna be so hype!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

Newest product on the Sega Shop Site.

snchoimugpt3_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=15288725

Any thoughts on Sonic Mania Adventures? Fill this 11oz mug with hot liquid and reveal Knuckles thoughts on who might steal the Master Emerald.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Dat bromance ❤️

Decent episode. Not my favorite. However, it sets up the final episode nicely.

Lol at Mighty knocking Ray over when he gently punched him with his fist!

giphy.gif

Oh and Knuckles angry/mad animations still look hilarious even with his brief appearance.

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 3

21 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Here they are, after all these years!

Wow, the way everyone's getting attracted to the some spot is so....Sub Space Emmissary-esque...and I love it all the more for that!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mighty punching Ray is the funniest thing in this series and had me in stitches. I was not expecting it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Comically this has been my favorite episode so far. It might help that Metal is one of my favorite characters and seeing him be awesome makes me biased.
Still, seeing Mighty played to his strengths (poor Ray XD) was also a treat, and Ray's body comedy is always a delight to watch for me. It was also awesome seeing that Ray has his handrail animation in Mania Plus.

I know people who are more story hungry aren't happy with the pantomime presentation, but as someone who grew up on the classics I could easily eat up full length pantomime story driven series of these shorts. 

I like they made their Archie bond canon (even if it leans slightly as being a Sonic and Tails-alike). The expressions were great as usual (even Metal despite keeping his role as the more sinister and menacing baddie, gets in a couple ones).

Mighty and Ray have officially been in a cartoon before the likes of Blaze and Silver. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Episode 4 was parts adorable, badass and hilarious.

Metal Sonic was awesome here and the animation was on point.

Ray hugging Mighty was adorable and then Mighty forgetting his strength for a second after bumping him was pretty funny.

Watching the whole thing, I found it a bit weak, compared to Episode 3. The animation and expressions were excellent and Metal was decently badass, especially taking Ray hostage at the end for the emerald, but beyond that, Mighty comes out of nowhere after being missing, and there isn't many jokes or funny moments other than Mighty accidentally smashing Ray into a tree.

A couple of great smear frames of animation that I'd like to point out:

35954947_10217147140416085_3857825769426255872_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=0c9b07ef99679537c2c70b57176ff3f9&oe=5BB97E0B

35923534_10217147147976274_2788264378829373440_n.png?_nc_cat=0&oh=75c57738ca03a726d87afbdfaf2ac5ac&oe=5BA9C931

This animation is magical in all the right ways xD

• Fist Bump 1

Was great To see Metal Sonic be awesome again and not be just treated as cheap fodder to make the heroes look cool! I was looking forward to this with Metal Sonic being one of my top faves!

... However still not a fan of Mighty or Ray. But I will say I am surprised at how strong Mighty is here! That was neat!

Am sad there is only 1 episode left to come.... But it looking like it should be pretty epic! I hope if this cartoon mini series does well enough that SEGA will consider doing more and turning it into a proper 10 min length per episode series with 24+ episodes.

I gotta say, I loved the animation of Metal capturing Ray and then demanding the White Emerald.

And Ray makes for such a nice Plucky Buttmonkey.

Thought the flash assets looked a little dodgy in this one, though.

What was the song that played when Mighty showed up?

51 minutes ago, Razule said:

Maybe if Mighty put the Emerald in his hammer-space instead of swallowing it, Metal wouldn't have seen it

That was honestly my first thought as well. :joy: 

21 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I love that they acknowledge the comics with Might's strength and the friendship between the 2 guys.

I think Mighty being strong has been a thing in most of his appearances, whether he actually made use of it in the games or not.

Another thing I enjoyed was seeing Metal's optical scanners be reminiscent of in the OVA. That was a neat little touch and just makes me feel giddy. Ahh, the way this franchise makes me feel when handled with love and care.

On another note, once episode 5 airs I wonder if there'll be an official super cut. I'm sure there'll be a ton of fan super cuts but I think an official one would just be special.

A really good part.

To say about the Mighty-Ray bond being similar to Sonic-Tails... I was expecting that. Mighty is a "strong" version of Sonic and Ray was portrayed in Part 3 more as a child and a bit hurt (like Tails in Forces, yes, I said it)

Metal Sonic was well done and that Stardust Speedway snippet, oh jeez. Tee Lopes nailed it once again.

42 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

I love that they acknowledge the comics with Might's strength and the friendship between the 2 guys.

It did kinda originate in the games, at least as an informed ability. Mighty's strength was already alluded to in SEGASonic The Hedgehog through his flexing animation in the character select screen and the Chaotix manual. Iizuka even said that strength was what he was known for.

Also:

latest?cb=20161106153537

myqVlbv.png

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

25 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

What was the song that played when Mighty showed up?

I'd also like to know if anyone can pin point that tune. If it's from SegaSonic Arcade... I can't recognize it.

God I fucking love Mighty so much. I’m so happy with the portrayal they’ve given Mighty and Ray. I really couldn’t be happier. 

Honestly they are SO lucky they’re being brought back during this taxman era. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, MainJP said:

It did kinda originate in the games, at least as an informed ability. Mighty's strength was already alluded to in SEGASonic The Hedgehog through his flexing animation in the character select screen and the Chaotix manual. Iizuka even said that strength was what he was known for.

Also:

latest?cb=20161106153537

myqVlbv.png

Metal Sonic too EXACTLY!! His expression when he thretens them is also similar to when he sees he's outnumbered by Sonic and Tails and Knuckles.

IT's Tyson Hess who worked on the comic after all, I'd love if he come do some issues for IDW modern Sonic.

10 minutes ago, Cuz said:

I'd also like to know if anyone can pin point that tune. If it's from SegaSonic Arcade... I can't recognize it.

It sounds like a faster-paced remix of "Run Run Run!", specifically starting at 0:08.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank God metal was not a throw away one hit loss in this. Metal is supposed to be powerful and this was beautiful.  him punching ray to a new location to choke was great

• Thumbs Up 1