Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Knock-knock.

Heh, heh. Looks Like I called it. This game takes place after Mania and runs alongside Plus canonically.

I loved this episode! Knuckles being comically obsessed with guarding the Master Emerald was exactly what I was hoping for.

And yeah, that remix of Knuckles' theme is great.

This is easily my favorite episode of the bunch. The sound effects are used in a way that makes it so funny, especially when they're out of context xD And the animation is splendid. Why couldn't we had two seasons of this instead of Sonic Boom? ?

• Thumbs Up 3

Knuckles is at his best when he's simultaneously funny and competent, and this is a perfect example of that! And I want a full version of that remix of his 3&K theme!

Most importantly, it looks like my boy's finally making his grand entrance next time! 

Spoiler

I was not expecting RAY to show up! He was adorbs in the few seconds here. 

The expressions knuckles makes and the sounds coming along while guarding the Emerald was hilarious.

29 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

Ray Fucking Dies: The Animated Series

Ray earned a continue when Knuckles tossed him away. Did you hear the jingle ?

Yeah, fun episode. Ray's appearance was totally unexpected. Poor Knuckles, he's so paranoid now about the Master Emerald being stolen.

Looking forward to episode 4. Perhaps we'll get a fight between Mighty and Metal Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 4

I loved this, partly because they gave Knuckles more character other than being powerful and gullible (which he still portrayed here). I like the way Tyson made him really wild, with feral type facial expressions. It really suits his character of being this wild protector of the Master Emerald.

Again, the only criticism is that I want more ? 

I also really liked the characterisation of Ray, especially seeing as he has virtually nothing to work with. The idea that he's really childish and just keeps sticking his nose into everything is really funny. I love it when Knuckles is about to throw him away and he's just sat there with no idea what's going on like a child: It contrasts really well with Knuckles too.

image.thumb.png.4bcaf8eee605183209b1510d7c641374.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Low key, but epic Metal tease once again.  So glad to see Knux played so paranoid he won't even let a little kid squirrel touch it.  Gold.  I was thinking Mighty might turn up with a missing poster of Ray just to keep the joke rolling, but maybe that'll happen next time.  Can't wait to see more of these.

Well... Ray coming up was really unexpected and that continue Ray earned lol... But I don´t know. I still think that it wasn´t better than Parts 1 and 2. It was as good as them. I am glad (maybe) to see Eggman fits in the plane.

Ray poking the M.E. might be a homage to the Archie comic, and maybe him coming first might reference that he was never in the Fleetway comic for its printed run. 

That was all kinds of fun and it is also nice to see the plot still moving along subtly. Otherwise I don't have much to say. I loved the continue sound on Ray's way out and it was just the right type of playful and serious without going pure comedy or pure emotionless action. I can maybe see detractors complaining it was too comical, but that's part of the fun of pantomime; you get to be over expressive because you have to be to tell the story and make the characters feelings clear.

I enjoyed it but not as much as part 1 or 2. Part 1 I think I found the funniest with part 2 the most heart warming.

I'm glad knuckles is still gullible as he'll. He isn't the brightest, never really has been, but he has heart

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

I'm glad knuckles is still gullible as he'll. He isn't the brightest, never really has been, but he has heart

He wasn't really gullible in this one though. He knows for a fact that is Sonic's plane, Mania itself showing Knuckles riding on it with Sonic and Tails before Mirage Saloon. It's established he can't make out clearly who's in the cockpit because of the distance but can clearly make out Sonic's name on the airplane, identifying it as the Tornado. 

That's why it works so well here for once, Knuckles has a believable reason to assume Sonic/Tails took the emerald as opposed to Eggman, because it's their own plane, which Tails has made to be one of a kind that's taking the emerald.

This game takesbplace when? It's called being gullible if not outright dumb. But gullible sounds nicer.  for what reason would sonic , has soon ever needed the M.E if anything always him who helps save it. now a wise person would perhaps figure someone stole the  plane.

5 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

This game takesbplace when? It's called being gullible if not outright dumb. But gullible sounds nicer.  for what reason would sonic , has soon ever needed the M.E if anything always him who helps save it. now a wise person would perhaps figure someone stole the  plane.

That's probably what Knuckles is thinking. Sonic and Tails might have a good reason for taking the M.E., but that doesn't excuse them taking it without his permission.

It's like if you saw your best friend driving by in your car- Sure, he's probably got an explanation, but you haven't gotten it yet. Logical thing to do is find them and ask for answers.

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

It takes place after Sonic 3 of course...and avoiding in-universe reasoning, SEGA has not been above using the idea that Knuckles still barely trusts Sonic at all.

If I see my tv in the back of my friends cad I'm assuming someone stole his car and my tv. Unless young people today are ok with that no friends should ever take anything I own. I trust them and assume the thief option first

So am I the only person annoyed that Knuckles is tricked by Eggman again? In character or not, it just tiresome plot by now.

But if you can ignore than it's  another cute animation, funnier that 2, still less than 1.

21 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

If I see my tv in the back of my friends cad I'm assuming someone stole his car and my tv. Unless young people today are ok with that no friends should ever take anything I own. I trust them and assume the thief option first

Sonic and Knuckles are not and will never be friends...yet.