Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

Definitely my favorite part so far. 1 and 2 were rather paint by numbers predictable. We know how Sonic, Tails, and Robotnik play off each other by now, but classic Knuckles and Ray are uncharted territory, and I've glad to see Knux falling for something a little more forgivable than the Doctor blatantly lying to his face.

Probably my favourite short so far. While I get not wanting Knuckles to be incompetent, this stands to why Knuckles SHOULD be comical. Loved they used his temperamental super paranoid personality from Sonic X, but with ten times more expressiveness. And hey at least this dupe had more ground than Eggman telling him 'Sonic is evil'.

Kinda feel bad for the guy knowing this is his standard life pattern every single day. :P

Ray has beat Rouge and Cream in appearing in a western cartoon. Didn't see that coming. And is that a SEGASonic Arcade remix I heard???

I'm almost disappointed this story isn't incorporated into the game as FMVs. It would make Mania an even more epic return to quality.

It's such a tiny moment but I love when Knuckles picked up that tiny rock after the Master Emerald was stolen and expressed a small amount of surprise that the emerald wasn't there.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Thrice good. Hesse and crew did a nice job with cranking up Knuckles' paranoia to outright distrusting anybody--his instinct to Ray merely touching the ME was to literally throw him out of the immediate area was great; and while I can envision some incoming complaints about revisiting the story well of "Knuckles thinks Sonic is the enemy" once more; I do think its also established/implied in both the events of that particular short and of Mania prior was that he's not thinking rationally. Wish we had a more animated / dynamic fight scene between Knuckles and the Rhinobots (though I do love the anime-styled backgrounds and animation during that sequence); but again, I think that pertains more towards the small amount of time these shorts have to begin with. 

(I also could be wrong, but I also think a slightly thicker lineart was used for Knuckles for a few scenes.)

I guess the plot is going to start really ramping up in Episode 4; now that Metal Sonic has found the last Chaos Emerald...

Every episode makes me want this expanded into a full series. It's so fun and it could be like a more game accurate spiritual successor to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. 

I think this shows just how much better Knuckles works when he is doing his own thing, along with how comically exaggerated his sense of duty is to the point of throwing even kids that so much as try to touch the ME.

It kind of reminds me of a comic strip that Hesse made years ago in which Knuckles takes care of both Eggman and Sonic and gets congratulated by his father.

I can't believe my favorite episode so far was the one starring one of my least favorite Sonic characters

This was very good

• Fist Bump 1

The whole new series is stunningly charming - quite enthralled that Ray has made it into an actual official Sonic animation for the first time. I am really loving the direction that they have taken the characters in because body language and slapstick is the universal language here, no need for voice acting.

So takes place before or after Knuckles Chaotix? I see so many comments about "Knuckles forgot about Mighty!" but...is it really a stretch to say he just hadn't seen him? That's what it appeared like to me at least. 

• Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

So takes place before or after Knuckles Chaotix? I see so many comments about "Knuckles forgot about Mighty!" but...is it really a stretch to say he just hadn't seen him? That's what it appeared like to me at least. 

I just read it as he hasn't seen him recently. 

20 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Maybe Knuckles Chaotix isn't canon.

Eh, it was cute... though I'm a bit tired of Knuckles being the butt of all jokes.

38 minutes ago, Austroid said:

Eh, it was cute... though I'm a bit tired of Knuckles being the butt of all jokes.

That's what Ray was for.

Some days ago I did a small rant about western cartoon cliche scenes in the previous episodes; this time they went anime cliche instead, when Knuckles destroyed the badniks (stopped pictures with animated flashy background); not that I prefer it, in fact I would prefer no cliche at all and original ideas instead, though it's odd that it happend just after my rant (it's a coincidence offcourse). Either way, the episode was funny, especially when Knuckles launched Ray away.

EDIT: About Knuckles not knowing Mighty, I have a theory:

In the main timeline, Sonic 4 happend just after Sonic 3; every other game that featured Metal Sonic (including Knuckles Chaotix and some Game Gear games) is placed after Sonic 4 in the timeline. With Sonic Generations, a parallel timeline was created; with Sonic Forces (phantom ruby) that timeline got altered and the events of Sonic 4 never happend, Sonic Mania happend instead (Metal Sonic was brought back from Little Planet anyway).

So Knuckles Chaotix may still be canon, but it's placed after Mania in the timeline, Mania happens just after Sonic 3, like Sonic 4 did. Also, since the timeline has been altered, maybe the story will take a completely different route, with new games and all (Knuckles Chaotix may not happen at all in the Mania timeline).

lt;dr

Knuckles Chaotix is canon to the modern timeline, not to the Mania parallel timeline.

Maybe it's not so much Knux didn't know Mighty, just he shrugged as he doesn't know where he is. He hasn't showed back up yet, this is before Mania Plus it seems.

Chaotix is definitely not canon to the modern timeline, Mania's new timeline is the only remote chance it has. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Two good pals reunite. Part 4 lands on the eve of Sonic's 27th.

(...That's tomorrow.)

• Nice Smile 7

28 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Two good pals reunite. Part 4 lands on the eve of Sonic's 27th.

(...That's tomorrow.)

Let´s expect a Part shorter than the one with Knuckles. 

And fifth one a day before Plus release. 

I wonder about the SMA-IDW connection. IDW 6 on 27 June, IDW 7 maybe before SM Plus release too ?
EDIT: Or not.

1 hour ago, superman43 said:

I wonder about the SMA-IDW connection. IDW 6 on 27 June, IDW 7 maybe before SM Plus release too ?

EDIT: Or not.

No I don't want the IDW comics ruined too. Ruining Forces is enough already.

• Fist Bump 1

Didn't they say in a recent stream that the Knuckles episode was made shorter than the first two to kick up production on the last two episodes. Likely to get them both out sooner than a month like the first three. I wonder if the last episode may be slightly longer being the climax of the series.

God I hope that the final episode ends on a teaser or an announcement. This would make such a great cartoon series.

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 2