Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Team Chaotix doesn't "have" to go through it, because of the mission...but yes.

Okay, that does sorta explain it.

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The story was the one thing that this game potentially had going for it, but it falls short at every hurdle. Jesus...

I'm not expecting an extravagant AAA story for sonic, its a series whos target audience is generally everyone including children, and children are usually the top priority. Super in depth stories aren't the priority. And i'll be the first to admit , as a shadow fan some of the stories in this series are communicated poorly. But outside of exceptions like 06 and generations. Sonic games generally have a story structure, they usually are missing key explanations for things. But things ussually occur in the story how a story is suppoused to progress. Even in games like ShTh where the real story ( the good path ) is obfuscated by multiple story path options, if explained to you the through line you would get it. You would be upset at how sega told it, but you would get it. 

This game not only has the sonic issue of just, missing explanations for shit, but it also is missing story structure. There are 3 stories, and none of them go no where. Classic shows up, that's it. Sonic is kidnapped, and then comes back and that's it. Eggman took over the world or some shit, don't worry about that, he's back. Buddy kind of has a story, but its fighting infinite, and that doesn't really go anywhere because the bad guy has beef actually with another character who is just... missing. Just gone from the narrative, so all talk infinite has towards buddy seems moot when his ire is supposed to be directed towards someone else, for reasons never actually explained in the game. So buddy and infinite, much like sonic and classic sonic just kinda... show up. Even the plot of Eggman took over the world, happens off screen. There's no explanation nor  story structure that explains the events in this game, they just kinda happen. And in a much more fun video game, that works, shit just occurs in the DMC series all the time, those games generally play exceedingly well though. This does not play well enough to make me forget that. 

Infinite is a whole other can of worms,  I would not be surprised if in regards to him ( and this game tbh ) nothing past the shadow dlc will be considered ( canon) for his character, if they ever wish to use him again

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering they brought the Egg Dragoon back, I'm a bit surprised they didn't just bring back the Nega Wisp Armor vs just make a blatant skin of it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

so, im inspecting PC files. And there... SUPER SONIC DLC!

I check music too, its a instrumental Fist Bump, just like released by sega after name reveal

I like the part where Infinite mentions Eggman has been beaten by Sonic and his friends for decades

2 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

This game just got even more stupid.

I said it in a different thread, but I'll say it here too:

That sad moment when Sonics brightest future seems to be being meme material.

• Thumbs Up 6

11 minutes ago, Linkabel said:

I like the part where Infinite mentions Eggman has been beaten by Sonic and his friends for decades

With how fourth wall aware the series is these days, I can believe it.

That solves the birthday in Generations.. time passes, but no one actually ages

• Thumbs Up 2

The hits just keep on coming with how wonky classic Sonic's gameplay is. Check out this top-quality oversight:

• Thumbs Up 2

That Sanic t shirt. Holy. Shit. 

I know it’s meant to be a joke but...I feel so angry about it. Probably because it makes the series (and this game) look like an even bigger joke than it already is. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 8

I'm not too angry about it but it definitely does feel like a bit of a middle finger. 

God just fuck Forces lmao

• Chuckle 4

28 minutes ago, Yeow said:

The hits just keep on coming with how wonky classic Sonic's gameplay is. Check out this top-quality oversight:

Ah, I see Sonic Team was hitting the books after all:

wQEh61r.gif

.....This is literally Sonic fangame tier level. (This is a fan recreation of Studiopolis, btw)

• Chuckle 5

2 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

I know it’s meant to be a joke but...I feel so angry about it. Probably because it makes the series (and this game) look like an even bigger joke than it already is. Thanks!

Now you know how I've felt about the Sonic social media stuff for the past few years. It's...kinda just sad to me now.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 2

32 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

10 minutes ago, Celestia said:

Now you know how I've felt about the Sonic social media stuff for the past few years. It's...kinda just sad to me now.

It would've made sense if the next big game was a big hit. If what they had in hand was glorious, then all the memes and the overconfident jokes would've been more than welcome.

Being self-aware of the past mistakes is good, if what's ahead is better than what you're making fun of.

Like it or not Mania was a "side" thing, not the big game. Forces is, and it looks like it's not in a good shape. That's where they went wrong...

• Thumbs Up 9

2 hours ago, Mayor D said:

This game just got even more stupid.

While you're at it SEGA, how about making one with the text "Sanic Farces"?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I wish I had a good game, instead of all these memes

Do you have Sonic Mania? You could play that instead.

• Thumbs Up 4