Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

1 hour ago, The KKM said:

The Mirage Salloon Heavy transforms into illusions of Bean, Bark, and Fang. So they're not really appearing, it's just a great cameo.

Reveal hidden contents

I was the one who told him to tweet about Team Hooligan as a joke, didn't expect to be right :V

Of course, they're illusions, what else would you expect in the mirage zone?

As for where this leaves my character research...now we know the context, it didn't actually change. They can cameo (as they have before), but they're still not technically "back" as characters. Of course, explaining that to people who take it on face value is going to be more difficult. 

• Thumbs Up 2

WHERE ARE MY STAGE TRANSITIONS SEGAAAAAAAAA.

Like holy christ the level order makes no sense.

We Rayman Origins/Legends boys

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

WHERE ARE MY STAGE TRANSITIONS SEGAAAAAAAAA.

Like holy christ the level order makes no sense.

I'm really starting to think the idea that some of these transitions will be fixed in a patch has some merit.

.....Wait, really?

This flies in the face of Iizuka's statement about the Heavies being the bosses of the new stages.

1 minute ago, Crazizzle said:

I'm really starting to think the idea that some of these transitions will be fixed in a patch has some merit.

I sure hope so because how the fuck does Sonic get from Angel Island to Little Planet without any explanation? }

It's garring.

EDIT: oh god what if the boss here is Final Fever?

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

.....Wait, really?

This flies in the face of Iizuka's statement about the Heavies being the bosses of the new stages.

Well, technically he's not wrong; all the new stages DO have Hard Boiled Heavies as bosses. He just didn't say they could be bosses in old stages too. 

Now THAT is wonderful!

Spoiler

High-speed platforming in the middleground! Didn't see THAT coming!

4 minutes ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

I sure hope so because how the fuck does Sonic get from Angel Island to Little Planet without any explanation? }

It's garring.

EDIT: oh god what if the boss here is Final Fever?

I saw little planet in the background of lava reef, not sure if you caught it. But I really hope some of these transitions are temporarily missing and are just in the final game for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 2