Awoo.

Sonic Mania SPOILERS/Impressions Thread

Zippo

8ch in this case, not 4chan. As to what is it with 8ch getting shit right, shit, dunno, man. Karma laughing, I don't know. Why of everyone on Earth it had to be Mark getting to do this I've no idea, but proves God has a sense of humour.

2 minutes ago, GoldnEdge said:

i just found out about the guy today because of all these leaks, who exactly is Mark. seems like people know of him

Owner of 8ch's /v/ board, New Yorker, all the trappings of what's commonly called a lolcow except he's too aware of his status. He eats a giant cake every year on his board's birthday posting photos of it on a thread as people mock him. He was part of the trolling of Shia LaBoeuf's He Will Not Divide Us, coming in to shout things like "I'm Batman, I'm an autist, I'm the law, I'm the law, I'm the law". He's overall a complete idiot with no social skills who is also great as kind of a mascot to be amazed at.

1 minute ago, Eggman said:

Any one know why the stream keeps loading non stop? I really wanna watch this!

VK seems to have some issues with some people. I heard people talk about updating Flash and making sure there's an exception added to it to allow VK to play, dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Eggman said:

Any one know why the stream keeps loading non stop? I really wanna watch this!

no idea, lots of people are having the issue. maybe its chrome, or edge .... i recommend watching it from a phone

7 minutes ago, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:

Oh god no.

Hide contents

Fucking Sandopolis Act 2's gimmick is back

Fuck you. That shit was annoying.

Oh it's doing more than that

the pollution gets cleared via the switches, but if it gets too cloudy, the pollution starts eating away at your rings

Just now, GoldnEdge said:

no idea, lots of people are having the issue. maybe its chrome, or edge .... i recommend watching it from a phone

Seconded, I'm watching from a phone and the stream is working just fine.

1 minute ago, Jetronic said:

Oh it's doing more than that

Hide contents

the pollution gets cleared via the switches, but if it gets too cloudy, the pollution starts eating away at your rings

Spoiler

Fucking Oil Ocean. It was annoying as fuck back in Sonic 2 and it looks to be even more annoying here. 

But it's still a great zone. Would love to see it getting the HD 3D Boost treatment. 

Spoiler

Those two things that appear in Oil Ocean Act 2's boss fight are from another boss. God it escapes me though.

Looks like all remastered stages have Eggman as the boss while the new stages have the Hard Boiled Heavies. Interesting. Wonder if that means a Hard Boiled Heavy is the final boss. 

EDIT: This gonna be a loooooooong night.

2 minutes ago, GoldnEdge said:
  Hide contents

oil ocean and lava reef

had a baby

sigh.... still on the same zone

Don't blame him, 

Spoiler

Oil Ocean's stage layout in Sonic 2 and here

fucking sucks. Obnoxious level. 

Yeah, gotta say, not happy about Oil Ocean's inclusion either. Mystic Cave was a much, much better option. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Mystic Cave was a boring zone. Oil Ocean was always one of my favorite Sonic 2 levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does everyone want this game to be piss easy or something? Why are you all asking for easy levels over hard ones? It seems like anything resembling difficulty in this game is getting backlash.

I honestly love this new take on Oil Ocean. I can't wait to play this for myself!

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Okay, after Oil Ocean there's three more stages. One of them must be new. He just showed the Time Attack stage select. 

5 minutes ago, Red said:

Does everyone want this game to be piss easy or something? Why are you all asking for easy levels over hard ones? It seems like anything resembling difficulty in this game is getting backlash.

I honestly love this new take on Oil Ocean. I can't wait to play this for myself!

no one wants for this game to be piss easy... dude keeps making the same mistakes, its like his 4th or 5th time on oil ocean. the stage itself is nice and might be a challenge but im sure i wouldnt be stuck in the same spot for this long

Just now, Faber-Of-Wisps-And-Might said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Okay, after Oil Ocean there's three more stages. One of them must be new. He just showed the Time Attack stage select. 

Man, that's a let down considering there are.

Two heavies left and by the leaks we know what the two old remaining stages are.

1 minute ago, Red said:

From my perspective I think Oil Ocean is just an overall unpopular stage. It's not my favorite either (and not saying that to suggest no one likes the stage).

He's now on that gameplay zone where you keep failing so you get frustrated and play worse so keep failing.