Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

22 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Basically.

She was [retconned into] a technomage, with the ability to manipulate any nearby machinery. She wasn't able to do much until she had Iron King killed the Yagyu Bride to take over their clan and convince the others to follow her, then hooking up with Snively was her ticket to a greater power grab with Eggman losing his mind.

Considering how much technology was involved in almost every part of the world, she was definitely a powerful middle ground between Eggman and Naugus.

Oh it was a retcon? I only know/remembered the part where she got with Snively & attacked the main city, giving Nicole a cool new look. Tbh the Zeti feel pretty lame compared to her. Oh yeah the whole nanite thing too....it was so convenient and so weird.

I do like the idea of a hostile group/kingdom/force of some sort. Hoping IDW can add like, ONE small/medium sized army or some sort.

The Bride of Conquering Storm is kinda like Abyss with more paneltime and Tundra except more appealing: she was big on strength and against weakness, which is why she remained aligned with Snively(and ultimately Eggman) when Regina was defeated and kicked out Lightning when he failed to back up his proposal by besting her. The reboot seemed to wanna make her a bit more respectable by having her accept whoever whereas the new four clans were supposedly segregated aside from Dulcy's Shinin Warriors, but she was otherwise the same and initially disliked Lord Hood because he came across as a coward.

You're right in that while they were meant to have individual arcs or at least roles in major stories, the sheer number of Egg Boss, while better managed than the Freedom Fighters, could be a bit much depending on how you look at em.

I know C.S. has more backstory and action in pre-reboot, but unfortunately she doesn't do much in post. DId they talk about her in Dulcy's arc?

We were talking about the females in Archie, but whatever.

Oh sorry, I was describing the current IDW baddies for comparison. Like in a "I hope the female villains have similar independence" way.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Bad Guys #1 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Was pretty alright with the issue, although I have to admit it somewhat got me on it's bad side by having Starline bust everyone out literally not one issue after they were already imprisoned. Mimic is alright, he hasn't been seen since Tangle and Whisper, which was a year or so ago, but Zavok, Rough and Tumble have literally only been in jail for one issue (#32) before immediately being busted out again.

I liked how Zavok was portrayed in this issue. Having him realise something was fishy right away, but making plans for it, and accounting for Starline's inevitable backstabbing is something I liked. Mimic is as cool as always, and Rough and Tumble is kind of just there, for the most part.

I like how Zavok displays actual care for the Deadly Six too. While his aim is mainly getting payback on Eggman, I like how his secondary goal is aiding the Deadly Six, who he refers to as his pack. It's a nice moment of showing them as a family, somewhat, which had been sorely lacking in every other appearance.

I'm still not feeling Starline much at all, however. I do like him, but the whole shtick of calling out Eggman, while making some blatantly idiotic moves of his own is really frustrating. If Starline is going to start boasting about how he's much more better than Eggman when it comes to planning, and keeping his eye on the bigger prize, then I'd rather his failings come from that, rather than coming off as hypocritical.

I wanted to see Starline acknowledge his failures, and plan accordingly for the future. Instead, he's trying his hand again with Zavok, and he can't even acknowledge his own errors in the Metal Virus crisis. He tries to claim Eggman "misused the Warp Topaz" when it was the only thing left that fixed the mess, and he tries to claim that in some roundabout way, Eggman's short-sightedness caused this mess (which yeah - it did have a had in it, because he did so without ensuring he could control it), but it only went from bad to worse when Starline called in the Zeti, despite the fact how blatantly obvious of a bad idea that is, due to their history with Eggman.

To me, Starline's failings should be Eggman's successes. Eggman doesn't plan ahead, but he's also quick on his feet, easier to make snap decisions, and knows how to turn a failing situation to his advantage. Eggman is adaptable, Starline is a tactician. But instead, it's coming off that Starline keeps making bad plans, and then blaming others when his obviously bad plans go horribly wrong. 

Even with the deal with Zavok, Starline is still hypocritically making Eggman's mistakes. Despite the fact that Zavok has managed to successfully overpower and usurp them twice, Starline still thinks of him as a simple brute he can screw over when the time comes, and it just doesn't gel with me. You can't keep claiming Starline is the antithesis to Eggman, and is working to not repeat his mistakes, when he does nothing but repeat Eggman's mistakes, and then says "I need to stop doing that", or "It was so and so's fault".

Still cautiously optimistic. I decently liked what I've seen so far, but I still need to see some improvements before I can really say I enjoy this. I liked the prison break itself, and I thought Zavok was probably the best portrayed in this (A very pleasant surprise, because I expected him to be the weakest aspect), but there's still a lot I'm pretty bleh about. The art is absolutely fantastic too. 

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

With Starline however, the whole point is Starline is meant to be a genius in his own right, able to lead, and make plans. He's conceptually meant to be an antithesis to Eggman and his way of planning, but so far, he's just been hypocritically repeating Eggman's mistakes, and then either shifting the blame, or simpling making a note to stop doing it, even though he keeps doing it anyways.

It's just frustrating IMO, it makes Starline weaker as a villain IMO.

Those are good points.

My biggest confusion of Starline was his attitute toward Eggman. He look up to the mad scientist to the point he wants Eggman to rule the world. But also think he's incompetent, planning to do the job himself then handing Eggman the throne or saying, "now you choose to exceed my expectations?" when all Eggman did was delete Starline's login info. I guess its like "I respect your knowledge and ambition, but everything else sucks"? 

He may eventually be able to establish himself as a real deal. But as of now it's hard to take him seriously as a villain.

3 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Those are good points.

My biggest confusion of Starline was his attitute toward Eggman. He look up to the mad scientist to the point he wants Eggman to rule the world. But also think he's incompetent, planning to do the job himself then handing Eggman the throne or saying, "now you choose to exceed my expectations?" when all Eggman did was delete Starline's login info. I guess its like "I respect your knowledge and ambition, but everything else sucks"? 

He may eventually be able to establish himself as a real deal. But as of now it's hard to take him seriously as a villain.

That's another good point too, I brought it up when the previews for Bad Guys #1 released, but it doesn't really look very good for Starline when his choice of "you've exceeded my expectations" is literally Eggman - a man of 300 IQ being so utterly dimwitted and relaxed with his security that he wouldn't kick Starline out of the Eggnet system.

Everything about Starline so far has been a situation where they want us to take him seriously as a villain, and as a contrasting villain to Eggman at that, someone who is a Eggman fanboy, but acknowledges his mistakes, and rectifies them in his own technique, and yet each and every single plan he has attempted to enact thus far have been terrible, and typically backfired horribly, and unlike Eggman - who can at least do self-reflection, and see/admit where he went wrong, and adapt for future plans, instead Starline either shifts the blame, or repeats the exact same mistake.

You can't have a villain who has at least 25% of his dialogue consisting shitting on another villain, and then having him repeat said villain's biggest mistakes in even worse, and more utterly ridiculous manners.

Like, here's a quick rewrite as to how Starline's first failure this story could've been rewritten to not only look better on him, but to showcase what the actual flaw of his style of villainy is.

Starline plans to infiltrate and take over a heavily fortified, and secured Eggman base. He's spent weeks planning for it, and has chosen this base specifically because he recalled seeing a huge security flaw, and brings it up to Eggman, only to end up having it shrugged off, because Eggman was in the middle of gloating about the Metal Virus infecting everything.

Starline, truly believing Eggman is so short-sighted - would believe this security flaw still exists. He bases his entire plan down off of it, and the plan is excellently crafted, right down to the letter. Starline is confident this will work, all because Eggman fails to plan ahead.

However, when Starline attempts to initiate the plan, boom - turns out Eggman was actually far more cunning that Starline anticipated, and had kept that information in the back of his mind. Anticipating Starline would attempt a betrayal, he not only fixed the security flaw, but he also went through the effort of running through all of his other bases' security, tightening up any loose ends, and even posting mocking messages towards Starline, like "Nice try", having anticipated this.

Starline, unable to adapt on his feet like Eggman just barely makes it out alive, and is forced to scrap the entire plan, flushing weeks of work down the toilet, and forced to go back to the drawing board, making him realise Eggman is not only much more clever than he anticipated, but Eggman had been taking notes of Starline for weeks, meaning Starline's chances of getting into the base alone would be zilch, leading to him realising that the next step is to create a team.

And there it is. Not only does that not make Starline look like a total dumbass, but it also sets up his contrasting flaw compared to Eggman, and gives him a path for improvement.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

Oh it was a retcon? I only know/remembered the part where she got with Snively & attacked the main city, giving Nicole a cool new look. Tbh the Zeti feel pretty lame compared to her. Oh yeah the whole nanite thing too....it was so convenient and so weird.

In the sense that in her original appearance back in Issue 60, she just seemed like a basic black witch who mind controlled Khan and set the Mountain on fire ala Journey to the West, but I don't recall her doing much else on panel.

That powerset doesn't exactly grab you though and so the fact that she had access to some sort of hover platform and took control of the cybernetic Monkey Khan was used as an excuse to specify her as a technomage.

I do like the idea of a hostile group/kingdom/force of some sort. Hoping IDW can add like, ONE small/medium sized army or some sort.

It would basically have to be another GUN or Dark Legion, depending on how much worldbuilding would go into them.

I know C.S. has more backstory and action in pre-reboot, but unfortunately she doesn't do much in post. DId they talk about her in Dulcy's arc?

Sorta--aside from the bit about the new clans and her being equal opportunity, she had a confrontation with Dulcy that I think involved looking down on her efforts. Been a long time since I touched that story among others though.

Oh sorry, I was describing the current IDW baddies for comparison. Like in a "I hope the female villains have similar independence" way.

Ah. I agree.

Those are good points.

I think that's basically him trying to stay within his general approach while acknowledging what he's learned from actually working with him.

4 hours ago, TransPirate said:

In the latest BumbleCast Flynn said Bad Guys takes place between #32 and #33.

That’s interesting. Does it tie-in to the main comic at all? I’d kind of assumed it did but thinking about it I don’t think I’ve read any confirmation that it does, it was just my assumption.

7 hours ago, TransPirate said:

2 hours ago, caitash said:

That’s interesting. Does it tie-in to the main comic at all? I’d kind of assumed it did but thinking about it I don’t think I’ve read any confirmation that it does, it was just my assumption.

Given that according to the synopsis & what we have,

Spoiler

Eggman is gonna confront Starline in Bad Guys #4,  we have three new characters (2 villains?) coming up, and I'm sure Starline's incomplete enforcers need a reason to exist, so there is a good chance of a tie-in near the end.

So #33 is out. I accidentally saw some spoiler screenshots on twitter....

Spoiler
  • Clutch was not a big guy :(
  • His design is.....interesting. It's screaming "BAD GUY!!!". 
  • Hooded figure x2. Rouge and Shadow's reaction suggest either 1) they met before, or 2) they don't look "normal".
  • It may be Starline's enforcers: there were two of them (possibly more), and when fighting Shadow their aura switched from blue (speed), yellow (hover), red (strength). I guess that's why they changed the logo? 
  • EDIT: The figure was carring something white, so it could be one guy? (meet Rouge, possibly kidnap --> encounter Shadow)

I am curious to see how this goes. 

#33, the era of Evan Stanley offically starts.... I don't know what to think about it, honestly.

Setup is strangely contrived. Only way to fix Omega is through chao racing? Sure.
Why Rouge even lies about her identity, when it lasts 5 seconds? It's worse for me, because in Poland "Facet" means "manly man".

Evan already puts her mark on the series as there is stronger feeling like in her "Ghosts of the Future Past" or "Silver Age". Flynn prefers straightforward mysteries, like Chairman's identity. And like I said in the past, I'm cautiously negative toward this style of writing, because it tries to hook me with mystery that I have no promise will be answered (hey, Stanley couldn't know Archie will end and Gold will forever remain enigma).

I know, don't judge the story till it's ends, but then what should I judge? Chao race? It's kinda disappointing honestly. From the premise I though it would be light hearted funny issue, I wanted 2 chao to collapse right before the finish line and snooze in most adorable way. I don't need this jerky Shadow chao bullying Cheese.

Speaking of our Shadow, spoilers time

Spoiler

- Shadow messes up again, that's 5th time in a row. I know I'm being pedantic, but IDW writer can stop this veeeery easily. Single issue where Shadow achieves his goal, I'm not asking for much.
- One or two mystery hooded figures. One of them notices Rouge and stalked for whole issue, other has Sonic heores speed/flight/strenght powers. No idea who could this be. My first though was robots since Cluth makes deals with mechinical parts, but first hooded figure moved a bit too humanly. Cyborgs? Either way it's probably someone Rouge knows. My guess would be OC.
- Artworks is cutely and colorful (chek out Sonic peeking down on page 2), although actions scenes could been better. Chase with Shadow lacked feeling of movement.

But hey, Chaclon is in this issue. So 10/10. (You don't know Chaclon? In that case you just got out-Sonic-nerded).

Regarding the hooded figures...

...if Bad Guys 1-4 takes place and concludes between issues 32-33, then  maybe the hooded figures are the results of whatever was in those 2 chambers that Starline briefly referred to in Bad Guys 1? Hmm.

EDIT: Wait I think I’m getting confused... on my first readthrough it seemed like there were 2 hooded figures (one facing Rouge, the other facing Shadow) but re-reading it I think they are both the same hooded figure just at different times. When Shadow confronts it, the hooded figure is holding what looks like a hat-less Rouge rolled up in the red carpet? I can see large white-ish ears sticking out of what it’s carrying so must be the same hooded figure after the encounter with Rouge. My bad on my earlier assumption, I guess.

I just got issue #33.

I almost missed that an issue was coming out today. What a lucky surprise for me. I enjoyed it too. I'm very much into witnessing something a little more reliant on conversation and espionage to carry them through whatever's happening next. Although, with Sonic and Tails, I'm mostly looking forward to just seeing them hang out. 

One of the quickest way to my heart is to just take those two and show them working off one another on their own little adventure. With someone who knows how to write actual, good dialogue that a person could conceivably say, it makes anticipating their scenes more fun.

I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to say that Rouge was the star of this issue. The more shady side of her character is usually mostly explored in spin-off titles or comics such as these nowadays but it's definitely where most of the intrigue behind the character comes for me. Her being someone who fits right in with the heroes and the baddies alike places her in a position that only elicits fascination from me. Just having that connection with the criminal underbelly of this world alone kind of makes me wonder what kind of Goodfellas-esque situations she's stumbled upon just trying to get her hands on something valuable.

Shadow is here too. There's not much to say aside from the fact that he's still the same. Although, it really hits hard seeing him say he's not interested in helping to fix Omega. I didn't think that would stick out as bothering me but it kinda did. Other than that, he's gotten into another scuffle with a glowing red thing so we'll see how that pans out I guess. I'm always up for a bit of mystery.

Enjoyed it. Well done first issue, Evan. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually kind of like the setup for this issue, especially since it puts Rouge and the girls as the primary focus. Sonic & Tails feel more like a B plot. I'm all for that, because lord knows I've been craving for Rouge to take center stage in a story arc for once, and she's off to a good start. I kind of like the idea that she associates with the criminal underworld, and it makes sense for a character like her. 

I've got no particular opinion about Clutch yet, but I do like how his design contrasts with the rest of the heroes. Like, he obviously screams "villain", but I appreciate at giving him some personality with the pimp suit, really gives off a gang member vibe. 

Shadow's here too I guess...I don't really have much to say about him given his part in this issue is pretty small. I would comment on his disregard for Omega, but I've accepted that Sega just want him to be a selfish dick now, and this is consistent with that, so it's whatever. Kind of curious about the hooded figures though. 

Really pretty solid hook, my compliments to Evan. Really fun character dynamics, really interested in finding more about all the new characters.

Spoiler

Also, shout out to Tails's little fangs? I just think they're super cute.

image.png.29560abec0f80cd8c8f36aed95f8e25e.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm honestly not sure what to feel about Sonic 33 and it's a good kind of uncertain borne from a bit of the story not being complete and not having much at a stake, meaning it's just a moderately fun read through for once. 

Spoiler

I must confess,I totally got my wires crossed by memory and got deceived by the rabbit lady standing directly behind Team BetaRose on the next cover. Clutch(who I imagine having a lower Khary Payton-esque voice) was indeed shown on the preview pages and he's apparently a hoarder in two degrees that seemingly collects Chao from others if he sees a lot of potential in them. He's some sort of dark eyed rat in an overly bit coat, btw; I wonder if Rough and Tumble's early designs had a hand in inspiring him.

Rouge definitely got the Bat's share of screentime here--not that Amy and Omega didn't get nice lines in spots(or a role to play in her plan against Clutch in the latter's case), but the way this issue glows definitely meant there wasn't a whole lot of the other characters. Sonic, Tails, and oddly enough Cream didn't were just kinda there in this issue, with Gemerl being even moreso. Perhaps getting Shadow in there after all ate into their possible paneltime?

This is also the reintroduction of Omochao --did anyone else think he looked a little gross? Anyway, she and his numerous units are hosting, registering, and flag-girling this Chao race as to be expected. I wonder if that line about not allowing children is a crack against TSR?

About the coatguy

Spoiler

One thing I saw on the way here suggested it's none other than Starline, successfully upgraded with whatever he needed the other four for. Not sure why he's slinking around the races in a parka, if that's the case. Or why he saw fit to follow Rouge around the park.

Wondering how this'll pan out next issue, as there's honestly not much to think about here beyond the two hints that Sonic and Tails aren't alone.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:06 AM, TransPirate said:

What does that remind me of?

17 hours ago, KoDaiko said:

So #33 is out. I accidentally saw some spoiler screenshots on twitter....

Hide contents
  •  
  • It may be Starline's enforcers: there were two of them (possibly more), and when fighting Shadow their aura switched from blue (speed), yellow (hover), red (strength). I guess that's why they changed the logo? 
  • EDIT: The figure was carring something white, so it could be one guy? (meet Rouge, possibly kidnap --> encounter Shadow)

I am curious to see how this goes. 

5 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Speaking of our Shadow, spoilers time

Hide contents

- One or two mystery hooded figures. One of them notices Rouge and stalked for whole issue, other has Sonic heores speed/flight/strenght powers. No idea who could this be. My first though was robots since Cluth makes deals with mechinical parts, but first hooded figure moved a bit too humanly. Cyborgs? Either way it's probably someone Rouge knows. My guess would be OC.

5 hours ago, caitash said:

Regarding the hooded figures...

Hide contents

EDIT: Wait I think I’m getting confused... on my first readthrough it seemed like there were 2 hooded figures (one facing Rouge, the other facing Shadow) but re-reading it I think they are both the same hooded figure just at different times. When Shadow confronts it, the hooded figure is holding what looks like a hat-less Rouge rolled up in the red carpet? I can see large white-ish ears sticking out of what it’s carrying so must be the same hooded figure after the encounter with Rouge. My bad on my earlier assumption, I guess.

Oh really? I honestly didn't notice that--was probably the tree.

I thought Sonic 33 was a pleasant read. I didn't notice a huge shift in the writing style but it's nice to see the team in a more lax environment. There's not much else I can say about it since it was mostly just putting pieces into play. We don't really learn much more about what's going on, but the slower pacing is probably a good thing in the long run. 

Spoiler

I had a weird theory about who the hooded character could be in idw sonic 33: spoilers in box:

Hide contents

He could be the original emerl from sonic battle, or a robot that is very closely similar to him. When shadow encounters him, he uses speed, flight and power abilities, and guess who had the ability to copy other fighter's personal moves perfectly? Yup. Either that or a completely new character.

This is the most I've ever talked about the comics.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, A wild west steam engine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I had a weird theory about who the hooded character could be in idw sonic 33: spoilers in box:

Hide contents

He could be the original emerl from sonic battle, or a robot that is very closely similar to him. When shadow encounters him, he uses speed, flight and power abilities, and guess who had the ability to copy other fighter's personal moves perfectly? Yup. Either that or a completely new character.

Spoiler

I wonder if emerl/any knock-offs of him are available to use, or it's a "there's only one" rule like metal sonic? (there was a mandate like that right?) Given their movements I'm sure it's a robot, or someone roboticized enough to float w/o doing anything & "dash" with small bursts from their legs.

One thing I noticed in the last page, Shadow has something pointy? & light yellow in his hand. He was grabbing the hooded figure with that hand earlier, so it must be a piece from them.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm choosing to believe that Shadow was looking for a robot trader to get parts for Omega on his own and is simply uninterested in whatever Rouge's plan is since he's clearly not needed for it. That's a valid interpretation of his behavior here, right? 

(Damnit SEGA! I'm trying to be charitable here but you're making it really hard for me to keep liking some of my favorite characters.)

On 10/15/2020 at 6:41 PM, A wild west steam engine said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Spoiler

That crossed my mind as well. I think it's more likely to be a rebuilt Phi, which would fit nicely with the girls looking for E-100 series parts.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Bowbowis said:

Hide contents

That crossed my mind as well. I think it's more likely to be a rebuilt Phi, which would fit nicely with the girls looking for E-100 series parts.

I honestly didn't consider that. 😯

---------------------------------------------------------------

Gonna quote this hear to redirect potential discussion.

19 hours ago, Iko said:

Sometimes I wish the character was completely rewritten from scratch because I don't like how she is portraied in most of the more recent stuff...  IDW was the closest thing to an attempt at improving the character, but still, there are many problems with her, such as in the Chao Race issue where she was supposed to have a bigger role, but so far she's only passively used as an exploit to let Rouge do the stuff instead... Cheese plays a bigger role than her, she's just there existing as an excuse for Cheese to be around because he's needed for the plot (this may change in the second part but at this point I doubt).

16 hours ago, Kaotic Kanine said:

Funny you mention that, because I got the same feeling. Chao Racing came off like the ultimate story for Cream. But so far, it's primarily Rouge's story with Cream only being involved because she happens to have a Chao. I'm optimistic that Cream's role will actually be substantial in the future issues, since Evan stated that the story was made to keep up the momentum that the Metal Virus Saga started for Cream. But I can't deny my worry that Cream will end up being more of an afterthought for this story, since that's how it's been with her this past year, if not since her debut. And I'm wishing she would be completely rewritten too, just so this nonsense holding Cream back can end. Like, no more freaking pacifism if that's what's keeping her from being in adventures

Just finished #33, I am much more happier with this issue. Finally just getting a fairly relaxing low-stakes adventure after all of the constant action and high-stakes stuff Ian has put us through was great.

I love how Evan writes everybody, but especially Sonic, Tails, and Rouge, and seeing Sonic and Tails going on adventures and teasing each other is great. She knocked it out of the park, and I can't wait to see what she's got up her sleeve next.

• Thumbs Up 2

Read #33 and Bad Guys #1

I liked both issues, after the whole Zombot thing, its good to just have a moment to breath and take in the smaller stakes. 

4 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

The era of Evan Stanley has begun.😉

It's nice to see Rouge and Amy getting some focus.

And Cream. Don't forget Cream 😜 Despite what I said about her in this issue 

On that note, it's funny you brought that discussion from the Cream thread to here, @DabigRG, cause my feelings about Cream in this issue had been fully addressed in another forum 😅 As the first issue of this story arc, #33 was focused on setting up the plot, and as the instigator of the plot, Rouge was given most focus. Shame Cream didn't get to do much in this one, but it's a guarantee that she'll do and say more in the next issues, with what had been set up in this issue, and so I was being too hasty. Of course, I guess if we want to start another discussion about Cream in a Sonic comic book thread, I'm game lmao 

And with that, may as well give my thoughts about #33 here 😆 Twas a good issue! I was already immensely happy with Evan for having Amy, Cream, and Rouge (who had risen up as my third favorite Sonic character) be the stars of the A plot for this arc. And while I felt Cream's presence was underwhelming in this issue, the few moments of Cream were still great. And, of course, Rouge and Amy were excellent! Especially Amy! I'm just gonna say, that "Knock'em dead, Cheese!" is what I needed after 32 issues of Amy... Not speaking like herself, for the most part lol I can't thank Evan enough for that return to form, and I only hope we get more of Amy being spunky and spirited. I also seriously love the setting (I want to live in that log chateau), the plot itself is intriguing, and I'm liking Clutch so far 

Not gonna lie, though, I was already apprehensive about Gemerl's presence in this arc, and with this issue, I can't say his presence is warranted. He had plenty of moments throughout the Metal Virus Saga, and his being a bodyguard to Cream is really unnecessary here since she is in a relatively safe location and accompanied by Amy, Cheese, and Rouge. There's no need for Gemerl to be sticking with Cream to protect her when she's got her protective pet and two badass friends with her, with the adventure in question being a racing tournament. And I swear, if that robot takes up any significant moments of Cream's, or interferes with Cream's interactions with Amy and Rouge, both things I've been dying for... Well, I'll withhold further ranting and wait to see how the rest of the story will play out 

Overall though, this is a great start for Evan and I can't wait for the next issue, as well as the full story 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, NeoZDuwang said:

About the mysterious figure...

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's Starline, based on the shoes

1190696435_mysteriousshoe.jpg.4f137eea24fb3591445e294392b12fa6.jpg

Good spot, and he could have easily done that hypnosis ‘SLEEP!’ thing on Rouge, if that is indeed her that he is carrying there.

• Thumbs Up 1