Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

3 hours ago, StaticMania said:

I wonder if Tails is allowed to be scared in this situation.

He's in a position where it would make total sense if he was.

Nah somehow I'm sure him being overwhelmed will be seen as character assassination and Ian Flynn clearly hates Tails and so on and so on until the end of days.

2 hours ago, Silvereyes said:

Personally, I was under the impression that so far, the metal virus goop didn't really disolve clothing or the like. It just took effect once it made skin contact. And this is the Sonic universe, I'm sure if the writers wanted to, they could invent a suit that meant the goop couldn't reach them.

What would give you that idea? The metal virus was shown right of the bat with the ability to turn inanimate objects alongside flesh and blood. In the testing phase, it instantly trans-mutates the flower petals (while the living bark is a bit more resilient). When mobians are turned, they keep their gloves and shoes too. Clothing is fair game. Almost anything non-metal has proven to be an effective conduit.

The problem with protecting yourself from the virus stems from what happens when you get to a saturation point. Over-exposure is the key to quick transformation, and when you are fighting a horde, a literal tidal wave of infected... there isn't much you could design to resist that.

2 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

RI cover for issue 22!

EFRYHhQXkAE_HsG?format=jpg&name=large

Halloween variant!!!

Nights Silver. The costume I never knew I needed

On 9/24/2019 at 5:48 AM, Dr. Mechano said:

I've been thinking. Before regaining his memories, Mr. Tinker exclaims "I don't want to be Eggman!" I just really find that fascinating.

3WkYatA.jpg

Some part of Eggman, without the memories of his villainous career, manifested as a kind, compassionate inventor who just wants to help people. Some part of him that recoils at the very thought of becoming a supervillain again. Some part of him that just wants to live the rest of his life in peace.

That's probably the extent of what we'll ever see of this aspect of the character here, but I still think it's interesting. "Mr. Tinker" didn't come out of nowhere; Eggman's own mind formed that persona in the absence of any other memories to go on. He genuinely felt and thought and did kind things of his own volition.

I know it's beyond the scope of what Sega would ever allow Ian to do, but it really makes me wonder what set Eggman on the path to conquest in the first place. He just seemed so much happier and so much more fulfilled as a good guy, and it kinda makes me wonder what drove him away from that path originally.

Honestly it would have been cool to see more of that . I wish Mr Thinker stayed longer: it would have made him becoming Eggman again more tragic

52 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Nah somehow I'm sure him being overwhelmed will be seen as character assassination and Ian Flynn clearly hates Tails and so on and so on until the end of days.

Not even trying to fight enemies he has beaten in the past with ease even before his supposed trauma of Sonic dying and not being useful at all is character assassination; feeling stressed and worried because of his responsabilities and having to deal with a new danger never faced before it's complitely normal. 

4 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Probably not that simple or he'd have done that. Silver's psychic powers are easy for him to use and don't require him to touch anyone. He really should be protecting the lab.

No, Ian Flynn wanted him to be a zombie, and sega wanted him written a certain way. Shadow could done mad shit, the powers at be wanted otherwise. So it goes

1 hour ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

RI cover for issue 22!

Halloween variant!!!

Shootouts to speed battle alts.

4 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

In theory, but I severely doubt Shadow would be capable of spamming Chaos Control or Chaos Spear without draining himself out in a shorter manner of time. It also worth noting that Shadows pride essentially forced him to attempt to brute force his way through the ZomBots, even after Sonic warned him not too... so if he didn't keep his distance then you can't trust him to keep his distance now.

We actually have no idea what shadows limits are because only saw him burn out...once and that's sa2 and hes grown since then. Theoretically we have no idea and he might actually be able to just...spam stuff. Or pull an 06 take his rings off and just run past everyone. Sega didn't just stop him from being nice to sonic, they stopped the whole sacrifice entirely. It's possible they want him to be written crazy strong and arrogant.  And any losses taken due to his ego, not to lack of trying.

4 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Whisper is a fine choice a personal bodyguard. She has a ton of battlefield experience as a cover-fire type sniper and most of her wispon settings allow her to keep her distance while still retaining a good deal of versatility.

This is actually pretty goddamn smart. And I could just see whisper being a body guard for cash.

Wait forgot, sonic land has no money. Wait how do mercenary groups even exist then? Ah this is confusing.

45 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

And any losses taken due to his ego, not to lack of trying.

Shadow's pride is usually what does him in. He's remarkably similar to Sonic in that manner.

45 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

This is actually pretty goddamn smart. And I could just see whisper being a body guard for cash.

Wait forgot, sonic land has no money. Wait how do mercenary groups even exist then? Ah this is confusing.

Jackal Squad was looking to loot/raid an Eggman base. If Merc's can't get paid in cash, they can always resort to taking everything that's not nailed to the floor.

Speaking of which, Rouge steals gems, which much have some sort of monetary value if kept under lock and key. How do we explain that in an cashless society?

20 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Shadow's pride is usually what does him in. He's remarkably similar to Sonic in that manner.

I don't know about usually. But nowadays that seems to be the name of the game. I guess that's the " We are making him really strong trade off "

Oh well, we will see how this goes I suppose.

Jackal Squad was looking to loot/raid an Eggman base. If Merc's can't get paid in cash, they can always resort to taking everything that's not nailed to the floor.

Speaking of which, Rouge steals gems, which much have some sort of monetary value if kept under lock and key. How do we explain that in an cashless society?

The jackal thing makes sense. Kinda like borderlands, take things that make their job easier. Rouge could just like the gems and the happen to belong to other people, maybe its more so actual illegal monetary value theft in human land than on animal planet I dunno. As for how you explain it, much like many things in sonic I think the simple answer is " you don't "

8 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

What would give you that idea? The metal virus was shown right of the bat with the ability to turn inanimate objects alongside flesh and blood. In the testing phase, it instantly trans-mutates the flower petals (while the living bark is a bit more resilient). When mobians are turned, they keep their gloves and shoes too. Clothing is fair game. Almost anything non-metal has proven to be an effective conduit.

Eggman's tests show it doesn't affect anything "inorganic or processed" (when tested on a rock, some motobug parts, and a sandwich). Organic fibers might be fair game but it should still be possible to make an effective hazmat suit.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

We actually have no idea what shadows limits are because only saw him burn out...once and that's sa2 and hes grown since then. Theoretically we have no idea and he might actually be able to just...spam stuff. Or pull an 06 take his rings off and just run past everyone. Sega didn't just stop him from being nice to sonic, they stopped the whole sacrifice entirely. It's possible they want him to be written crazy strong and arrogant.  And any losses taken due to his ego, not to lack of trying.

And Shadow tiring out was due to the Super form draining him. It's constantly mentioned during Finalhazard.

I don't think it's ever been stated or shown that simply using Chaos Control drains him.

13 hours ago, dbzfan7 said:

Probably not that simple or he'd have done that. Silver's psychic powers are easy for him to use and don't require him to touch anyone. He really should be protecting the lab.

I don't disagree about Silver being capable of that but with Shadow I just see it as PIS or CIS. He spams long range Chaos Powers all day long in SA2, Battle, Riders, Generations and Chronicles.

41 minutes ago, MainJP said:

And Shadow tiring out was due to the Super form draining him. It's constantly mentioned during Finalhazard.

I don't think it's ever been stated or shown that simply using Chaos Control drains him.

I think its something we assumed because it makes sense if it would work that way but its never stated. And Sa2 is kinda weird because shadows...being alive retcons a bunch.  We have heard taking of his inhibitor rings drains him because the immense amount of power used so people assumed it was draining him on a smaller scale. This wouldn't be he first time a bunch of sonic fans thought something that seemingly made 100% sense and sega was like " Actually no "

I don't disagree about Silver being capable of that but with Shadow I just see it as PIS or CIS. He spams long range Chaos Powers all day long in SA2, Battle, Riders, Generations and Chronicles.

This just seems like a situation where the writer wanted something , had an entire explanation planned. The IP holders said no to all of that, and the outline was already done so he forced a thing to happen that after the fact even he's like " No yeah that's not great " . I imagine in future he might plan shadow narratives farther out to avoid such things. Because yeah , shadow spams long range stuff all the time.

11 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

RI cover for issue 22!

Halloween variant!!!

Someone pointed this out on Twitter and I can't unsee it. Is Eggman dressed like Mama Robotnik?

1 minute ago, SBR2 said:

Someone pointed this out on Twitter and I can't unsee it. Is Eggman dressed like Mama Robotnik?

Looks more like he's dressed like this concept art:

latest?cb=20170503175346

Sonic is the Werehog, Knuckles seems to be a Mummy, I have no clue what Tails is supposed to be, Rogue and Shadow appear to be witches, Omega is a Jack-O-Lantern, Eggman is in Pajamas, Metal Sonic is the Grim Reaper, Maybe Amy and Cream are fairies (can’t tell on that one) and I have no clue what Silver is supposed to be.

21 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Sonic is the Werehog, Knuckles seems to be a Mummy, I have no clue what Tails is supposed to be, Rogue and Shadow appear to be witches, Omega is a Jack-O-Lantern, Eggman is in Pajamas, Metal Sonic is the Grim Reaper, Maybe Amy and Cream are fairies (can’t tell on that one) and I have no clue what Silver is supposed to be.

Tails is a scientist, Silver is Nights.

19 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Amy is just wearing her Gothic wardrobe.

And yeah, Silver is NiGHTS.

TsnGjgG.png

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Shadow is a vampire

16 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Ch'yeah. :lol:

16 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

RI cover for issue 22!

Halloween variant!!!

Oh snap, it's those Runners costumes.

Say, didn't one of ya'll mention a mummy Knuckles at one point?

16 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

The problem with protecting yourself from the virus stems from what happens when you get to a saturation point. Over-exposure is the key to quick transformation, and when you are fighting a horde, a literal tidal wave of infected... there isn't much you could design to resist that.

Nights Silver. The costume I never knew I needed

16 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I love how the costumes from Sonic Channel and Runners are brought back in this cover

NiGHTS Silver is fucking cool too!

Oh, is that what he is?

15 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

No, Ian Flynn wanted him to be a zombie, and sega wanted him written a certain way. Shadow could done mad shit, the powers at be wanted otherwise. So it goes

He was talking about Silver.

Just now, DabigRG said:

He was talking about Silver.

Wait I thought the conversation was about why shadow didn't do the stuff?

Did i reply to the wrong guy, if so i'm sorry.

14 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Human world.

14 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Rouge could just like the gems and the happen to belong to other people, maybe its more so actual illegal monetary value theft in human land than on animal planet I dunno. As for how you explain it, much like many things in sonic I think the simple answer is " you don't "

Pretty much.

6 hours ago, MainJP said:

He might wanna get that checked out then.

3 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Tails is a mad scientist, Amy is a goth, and Silver is NiGHTs. Not sure what Cream is at this distance.

Surprised Shadow wasn't a vampire or bringing back the 80s.

6 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Wait I thought the conversation was about why shadow didn't do the stuff?

Did i reply to the wrong guy, if so i'm sorry.

Yeah, they were talking about Silver being able to restrain or throw the Zombots without making contact.