Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

11 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

First preview is out, and I haven't seen it shared here, so here we go !

Reveal hidden contents

Looks like Sunset City really was the City from Forces.

Oh yeah, very much. And managed to work in some worldbuilding with a tinge of character investment  too.

Also, YA-yooo! Ya-yo, Ya-yooo! Ho-Hooo!

56 minutes ago, Meta77 said:
  Hide contents

67293466_2317281978527738_4367646732582912_n.thumb.jpg.046955d947f401f567e1949e3c3cb702.jpg

Oh yea, looking forward to this a lot

needless to say spoilers

I see Zavok's odd fashion sense is catching on. 

I spent ages trying to figure out what the hell was happening with Shadow’s outstretched hand there.

Then I finally realised it’s actually Sonic’s hand and Shadow is holding him by the wrist.

You know what would make my day ?

Spoiler

That Sonic is the actual cause of Shadow being zombotified. It would make me even more happy than if Sonic is zombotified. Just to see Sonic feel *really* guilty of the situation, even more if Shadow already made him feel guilty.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Kazhnuz said:

Hide contents

That Sonic is the actual cause of Shadow being zombotified. It would make me even more happy than if Sonic is zombotified. Just to see Sonic feel *really* guilty of the situation, even more if Shadow already made him feel guilty.

Spoiler

I personally think the most guilt would be, they get into an argument and sonic was is " like you were going to kill eggman I didn't think that was the right thing to do" and it shadow is legit confused, because he never was he never actually said he was gonna kill eggamn. He was gonna put him in a gun facility somehwhere and now sonic and rouge feel guilty because they made an assumption about shadow that kinda implies that they don't think too much of him.

That would personally make my day, that's seeds for the future. The zombies could be fixed at the end of the year, that wound is still gonna be there for everyone and have consequences.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

I trust they'll answer why Shadow somehow succumbs to the virus, even though he was made to basically cure diseases, as well as should be able to run it off just like Sonic. I'm gonna guess perhaps a new strain of the virus maybe. 

1 minute ago, dbzfan7 said:
  Hide contents

I trust they'll answer why Shadow somehow succumbs to the virus, even though he was made to basically cure diseases, as well as should be able to run it off just like Sonic. I'm gonna guess perhaps a new strain of the virus maybe. 

Spoiler

Eggman did say it was gradually mutating.

Although Shadow was technically made to find cures for natural diseases in the human world.

That RI Cover for issue 20 looks good.

Also the release date for that issue is stated for August 14th!

Also it turns out they're selling Tangle Whisper pins at the SEGA Shop!

D_r0hjEXsAAm-Na?format=jpg&name=900x900

D_r0hjCWsAU6MEL?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

7 minutes ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

That RI Cover for issue 20 looks good.

Also the release date for that issue is stated for August 14th!

Also it turns out they're selling Tangle Whisper pins at the SEGA Shop!

D_r0hjEXsAAm-Na?format=jpg&name=900x900

D_r0hjCWsAU6MEL?format=jpg&name=medium

thats great!

1 hour ago, Kazhnuz said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Sonic is already the cause of a lot of stuff in the comic, stuff that Shadow predicted, so this would not surprise me honestly. 

Also, this year

Spoiler

There won't be 100+ pages of discussing Shadow's lack of morals I guess.

I'm not even big on buying pins, but I was all over that Tangle and Whisper combo. Insta-buy. MOAR PLZ.

Might get that Whisper pin!! Its rare to see official merch of the characters so its pretty cool

Spoiler

My theory for Shadow: he gets infected saving Rouge, Omega, or possibly those trying to escape from the attack. Sonic gets wracked with guilt, possibly trying to warn him how to burn off infection, but either A. Shadow is nearly immediately turned, likely thanks to a army grabbing him and infecting him at once, or B. Shadow is unable to burn it off because his jet boots is the cause of his speed, unlike Sonic who naturally runs that fast.

D_0AyZQUcAMrmZa?format=jpg&name=small

The metal virus arc is continuing in 2020. A new cover was also shown in the panel.

Looks pretty nice!

• Thumbs Up 6

That cover is beautiful. I'm curious who the artist is because if it's someone familiar, for once I can't place it...

8 minutes ago, Celestia said:

That cover is beautiful. I'm curious who the artist is because if it's someone familiar, for once I can't place it...

Did Tyson Hesse draw this? It kinda looks like his style.

• Thumbs Up 1

I read on Newsarama that the fallout of the Metal Virus Saga will be on season 3, but still, this arc is so good, it would feel rushed if it ended abruptly, without Knuckles, and maybe there is time to introduce my favorite cha… wait a minute, under Silver, is that… who I think it is???

1 hour ago, Tangled Jack said:

I read on Newsarama that the fallout of the Metal Virus Saga will be on season 3, but still, this arc is so good, it would feel rushed if it ended abruptly, without Knuckles, and maybe there is time to introduce my favorite cha… wait a minute, under Silver, is that… who I think it is???

who?

1 hour ago, Tangled Jack said:

Still looks like a random villager. I can't make it out due to the resolution. It just gets blurry when I try to zoom in.