Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

9 minutes ago, Razule said:

But how can one be a princess with no parents in sight?

Do they need to show them for Blaze to be a princess?

I think it's implicit that they exist, but are not shown since they're not relevant. Plus it would be kind of weird for Blaze to be a queen and still go out to deal with baddies. Her status as a princess offers a bit more freedom, even if that's something that in real life wouldn't be allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

Sonic isn't a damn sociopath. He's just a dude that likes giving people chances, he's a free living just go with the flow kinda guy.

Sonic has the wisdom of a fruit fly in making long term choices about what to decide with the villains has defeats. No matter what you say, Sonic is crazy for letting a long term treat like Eggman go free and based on his own experiences making this his first time giving Eggman the slide. His sociopathic train of thought and callousness is explored openly in Sonic lost world when he kicks the conch shell that controls the yetis.

There's an interaction in the pre-boot where eggman has gone fucking bonkers and tails is rather cynical about it ( which I actually like ) and sonic being rather compassionate even feeling bad for making him that crazy.You could make the argument that sonic shouldn't really have cared, you would be right , but he did. 

Sonic knew he was wrong, but he persisted to drag on Eggman humiliation more and more for his own satifaction. Unless your stating sonic is that immature and childish, Sonic has no self control in what he rushes into when it comes to disregarding others for his own goals.

Shadow is a  " Due to optimal thing that results in most lives saved , kinda guy " he isn't going to imprison everyone, he doesn't really care too. He does however think that letting eggman roam  around now especially if this comic takes place after forces is a bad idea. He knows first hand you can be dangerous with no memory, and he thinks that eggman is a ticking time bomb.

Shadow the mature one here, he actually thinks like an adult compared to the utterly childish teenagers he surrounds himself with, he knows Eggman is better dead that alive and probably has always thought that way since he threatens the world constantly and sonic never truly stops him.

I don't think sonic is a sociopath, nor do I think shadow is some unfeeling murderous anti-hero. And I think the suggestion that they are is extremely strange

All I hope is, they don't try to compare shadow and eggman, because that doesn't work. And feels very " both sides" to me, and I don't think sonic needs to veery down that path. And I hope they don't even address that in such a manner. 

I also hope they actually show shadow having a character. But that's another discussion 

Why? Shadow is done, it's Sonic that needs an explanation for protecting the same enemy he's been at odds with since the beginning.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:45 PM, KoDaiko said:

True.

Tbh I was hesitant to criticize post-reboot's Rouge because of that. She was way, WAY better compared with pre-boot. 

And even pre-boot was better than her Fleetway version, who only ever does something vaguely altruistic out of revenge. 

25 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Sonic has the wisdom of a fruit fly in making long term choices about what to decide with the villains has defeats. No matter what you say, Sonic is crazy for letting a long term treat like Eggman go free and based on his own experiences making this his first time giving Eggman the slide. His sociopathic train of thought and callousness is explored openly in Sonic lost world when he kicks the conch shell that controls the yetis.

Sonic knew he was wrong, but he persisted to drag on Eggman humiliation more and more for his own satifaction. Unless your stating sonic is that immature and childish, Sonic has no self control in what he rushes into when it comes to disregarding others for his own goals.

Shadow the mature one here, he actually thinks like an adult compared to the utterly childish teenagers he surrounds himself with, he knows Eggman is better dead that alive and probably has always thought that way since he threatens the world constantly and sonic never truly stops him.

Why? Shadow is done, it's Sonic that needs an explanation for protecting the same enemy he's been at odds with since the beginning.

You're being unreasonable at this point. It's just a comic book. A game series. Good guy beats bad guy. Bad guy always returns. You are not only looking WAY too deep in this, but you are disregarding the characters themselves.

• Absolutely 3

5 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:
btw how is it that they already have printed copies of issue 7 and yet issue 6 is still delayed a week?

There was a delay? Last issue also came out on the last Wednesday of the month, so...

2 hours ago, Dash Speed said:

His sociopathic train of thought and callousness is explored openly in Sonic lost world when he kicks the conch shell that controls the yetis.

Except that he clearly did that to free them from Eggman's control.

Hasty as he was in doing so, he took just enough time beforehand to see that said conch was causing them pain and was what Eggman had been using to enslave them. Hell, he might've even assumed Zomom and even Zazz were just riled up, if bizarre creatures being sicced on him being a Master he knows has made a partial MO doing that type of thing.

This is made clearer in how he essentially called Eggman a coward afterwards, immediately scoffs when he claims that was a mistake, and pretty much tells him to fuck off when he blames Sonic for them getting out of check after following them to safety.

How?

By leaving him in the care of his nephew instead of bringing him into custody? By attempting to reason with him into calming down and coming with him after he unexpectedly gets free acting on jumbled memories(which he gets slugged doing, btw)? By staying behind and distracting the Iron Dominion so Tails can get him to safety when they come after him?

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

And even pre-boot was better than her Fleetway Version, who only ever does something vaguely altruistic out of revenge. 

...Wut...?

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

And even pre-boot was better than her Fleetway Version, who only ever does something vaguely altruistic out of revenge. 

To be fair, it isn't official, and a lot of neutral-to-semi/laughably evil characters become villains in that continuity for some reason.

• Fist Bump 1

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

To be fair, it isn't official, and a lot of neutral-to-semi/laughably evil characters become villains in that continuity for some reason.

Isn't Cream, like, a pirate in that as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic has the wisdom of a fruit fly in making long term choices about what to decide with the villains has defeats. 

Yes and I think more often he should be punished for it, but he isn't a sociopath 

I mean, I agree in the sense that yes shadow wanting to be rid of eggman while fucked up is probably the much better idea.But this is about arguing or fighting over moral points whether its good or not to do . And yes , you could and would probably be right in arguing eggman belongs under a jail. I however I don't think this story is going to delve into that that deeply, even though... if they aren't there's kind of no point in even bringing it up.

No he's not, the purpose of this comic or rather these comics is to introduce the character. Shadow fighting sonic, isn't shadow's character, shadow has always been more complicated than that. Its why I thought he wouldn't show up for like a fucking year. They could easily fuck up his whole introduction by just having a contrived fight with sonic and not really saying anything about him. Only for him to show up in the background later. I would hope they actually do something interesting. 

Dash...have you actually read the book so far? Outside of the "Eggman Land" thing Sonic thinks the amnesia is for real and is doing the heroic thing by showing his arch enemy compassion and letting him live as Mr. Tinker. Now obviously we the audience know that even if his amnesia is real it won't stick but as far as Sonic can tell Eggman doesn't remember what he's done and just wants to leave him in peace with his new persona and life. 

Also I hate to say this but it's really not that deep dude. 

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Yeah, I noticed. Basically any tragic villain, laughably evil, or morally gray character became a dark villain. They’ve only recently tried to rectify that a little. 

5 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

I would make the genuine argument that every sonic character is better than their fleetway counter part by miles 

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Miragnarok said:

Yeah, I noticed. Basically any tragic villain, laughably evil, or morally gray character became a dark villain. They’ve only recently tried to rectify that a little. 

It's probably because Fleetway itself is darker, or something.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

I'd honestly like if eggman stayed mr tinker for a few issues but I know he wont vut It would be nice. that way this new Gillian could be shown as 100 percent behind all the events till eggman slowly came back to his old self. Seeing him help the kids was nice

• Fist Bump 1

What if Eggman went Total Recall and erased on purpose his very own memories and became Mr. Tinker as part of a bigger plan until it was the right moment to recall who he really is?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

6 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

What if Eggman went Total Recall and erased on purpose his very own memories and became Mr. Tinker as part of a bigger plan until it was the right moment to recall who he really is?

I mean... I could that working since it could be more convincing than simply feigning amnesia.

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

Like, a reboot? A.. a Genesis Wave? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of Sonic's World? Localized entirely inside of Eggman's brain?!

• Fist Bump 1

24 minutes ago, Razule said:

Like, a reboot? A.. a Genesis Wave? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of Sonic's World? Localized entirely inside of Eggman's brain?!

Yes.

5 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

...may I see it?

...No.

Quickly pushes you out of eggman's vicinity 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 4

Honestly, seeing as it's obvious Eggman will get his memory back at some point, I wouldn't mind it being revealed he actually liked being the Tinkerer and keeps a memento of the village he was friends with, even if he goes back to his evil ways. It'd humanize him a bit to show even though he can't resist being evil and wanting power, it shows he does have something of a kinder side - similar to how Wily in the Archie Mega Man series always had a sense of guilt and remorse and even considered going back to being friends with Dr. Light again only for his own arrogance, and ego causing him to justify his own wrongdoing and cause him to keep making bad decisions.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Nice Smile 1

6 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

I'm wondering what's gonna happen with Mr. Tinker. 

He trips over a wire while holding a rotten egg.

18 minutes ago, Razule said:

He trips over a wire while holding a rotten egg.

StC reference 

I just remembered something: at the end of issue 4, we see Eggman in his regular outfit peeking over the boy with the broken wagon and his mom. Given that it's fixed in issue 5, I'm guessing Eggman never loss his memory, and was faking it.

Thought looking at Eggman in the final panel of the first image, he doesn't seem to malicious aside from the lighting.

Screenshot_20180624-204115_Google Play Books.jpg

Screenshot_20180624-204248_Google Play Books.jpg

Edited by RedFox99
Second Thoughts