Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

I can't comment much on the story yet, but the art looks...off, especially for Knuckles. Adam did a better job last issue, and for now, he's the best artist in this comic.

19 minutes ago, Nuggets said:

the use of the term “mercenaries” makes me wonder if Rough and Tumble are related to the same band of mercenaries Infinite was a part of before he decided he wasn’t weak and went crazy and shit 

Only way I can see that being the case is if Jackal Squad was part of a larger unit, and said larger unit had Rough and Tumble as part of their membership. Otherwise, I'd say no.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

2 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

So s/he doesn't like it. Leave them be!

I see no reason to point at someone for leaving a negative review.

I think the issue has more to do with them going the "cartoons can't be serious" route with the part criticizing cartoon animals using military tactics, and focusing on how Amy wants to date Sonic despite her being more level-headed than that here.

And if that's the case, yeah, I'd say the reviewer is a little narrow-minded in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 4

What's wrong with Bleeding Cool?

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

What's wrong with Bleeding Cool?

You're supposed to bleed warm, for starters.

• Chuckle 6

36 minutes ago, Razule said:

Not with that attitude.

Eh, maybe Sonic's just not for that guy if they don't like his personality

I guess.

1 hour ago, DabigRG said:

You're supposed to bleed warm, for starters.

Silly devil.

But for real tho. Is there something about the site that makes one roll eyes or something?

11 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Silly devil.

But for real tho. Is there something about the site that makes one roll eyes or something?

The fact that the reviewer complains about Sonic's ego when its been generally seen as pretty toned down(at least around here)?

The fact that he complains about Amy's interactions with Sonic being annoying(from a confusing perspective) when that is seen as a definite improvement over the source material?

The fact that he complains about the war elements despite the game these issues take inspiration from, which was somewhat heavier with those aspects?

The fact that they admit to knowing more about the franchise than they let on despite these complaints?

A wiya-HANGAAAAH?!!

Did I miss anything?

Well, I was thinking there was a history of it doing this for Sonic and other franchises or something along those lines based on what SBR2 said about not bother with the site.

1 minute ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Well, I was thinking there was a history of it doing this for Sonic and other franchises or something along those lines based on what SBR2 said about not bother with the site.

Oh. Well, that's a matter only @SBR2 or some other veteran in that site to answer.

34 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Oh. Well, that's a matter only @SBR2 or some other veteran in that site to answer.

Honestly the lose a lot of good will for me. They tend to jump on unsubstantiated rumors with no real proof to back it up.

Did Sonic say "soloed"? Whats next he's gonna say "Baller" or "Way Past Woke" next?

Ian needs to stop voicing Sonic in "hipspeak memes", it makes Sonic little more than a product to get kids buying his stuff than a legitimate character. Cringe.

• Chuckle 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

" True dat" 

Seriously though  , sonic and crew acclimating their lingo to the time, comes with the territory of being immortal cartoon character meant to last .... assumedly forever untill the money runs out.

I'm for shadow to say 

" homie you willin' " 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

Did Sonic say "soloed"? Whats next he's gonna say "Baller" or "Way Past Woke" next?

Ian needs to stop voicing Sonic in "hipspeak memes", it makes Sonic little more than a product to get kids buying his stuff than a legitimate character. Cringe.

Uh, you do realize that solo is an actual word, right?

Heck, it's even an adverb, apparently.

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

I'm for shadow to say 

" homie you willin' " 

Are you being serious right now?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DabigRG said:

Are you being serious right now?

Half serious?

I feel like shadow would say that. I feel like someone would ask him to ride his bike and he would be like

" You can miss me with that " 

2 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

Half serious?

I feel like shadow would say that. I feel like someone would ask him to ride his bike and he would be like

" You can miss me with that " 

I'd approve of that 2nd one if I actually got it.

Jen's art is as good as ever, but something is off. Dunno if it's the ink being too thick, the colors being too dull, or perhaps some combination of the two, but there's definitely something off.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Jen's art is as good as ever, but something is off. Dunno if it's the ink being too thick, the colors being too dull, or perhaps some combination of the two, but there's definitely something off.

Wait, that is Ms. Hernandez's work?~

15 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Wait, that is Ms. Hernandez's work?~

Yes!

I think the only thing throwing people off about the preview art-wise is the quality of the images themselves, makes it look off in terms of colours, etc.. It was really noticeable to me when I maximized the images just to read the text. If I had to guess it might be a byproduct of embedding images from Facebook...?

• Thumbs Up 2