Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Oh i love this one, best cover from issue #1, concept-wise that is,

img_3098.jpg?w=418&h=&zoom=2

also, i noted that one of the covers for #1 is exactly ol' #272 cover + Tails & Knuckles. (and Green Hill... and sand?)

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150114151917img_3101-1.jpg?w=372&h=&zoom=2

please also note how the former logo works/looks better in the cover

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

7 minutes ago, NikoS said:

also, i noted that one of the covers for #1 is exactly ol' #272 cover + Tails & Knuckles. (and Green Hill... and sand?)

Hide contents

latest?cb=20150114151917img_3101-1.jpg?w=372&h=&zoom=2

please also note how the former logo works/looks better in the cover

Ya I noticed that too. Same artist, Edwin Huang. Might have been a time crunch considering the number of variants they put out...or just laziness who knows?!

• Nice Smile 2

So we have as artists: Tracey Yardley, Adam Bryce Thomas, Jen Hernandez, Evan Stanley, Jamal Peppers.

Who are the other artists you'd like to see?

I'd like to see Diana Skelly and Steven Butler.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, NikoS said:

Metal was a Robian?!

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

So we have as artists: Tracey Yardley, Adam Bryce Thomas, Jen Hernandez, Evan Stanley, Jamal Peppers.

Ben Bates.

• Nice Smile 2

29 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Diana Skelly should have been confirmed ages ago if they are planning on having her on board.  Although he's probably here in a covers only capacity, having Jon Gray do pages again would be a good bit of fun.  I'd also like to say Ben Bates, but I have no idea if he's busy with something else (EDIT: Yes, he is indeed busy with something else).

On a sidenote, we've reached 252 pages with this thread.  Welp, time to reboot without telling anyone it's a reboot.

11 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Ben Bates recently got hired by Cartoon Network so he may be too busy.

Really now? Good for him. :smile:  

35 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Courtesy of Amazon:

5Sxea4.jpg

Oh yeah, that was half of that combo cover that went up a few days ago.

4 hours ago, Marco9966 said:

Some of the Fleetway Artists. Heck, how about getting Heese on covers? Or even Ueda? I’d also like to see some new talent show up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

Courtesy of Amazon:

5Sxea4.jpg

Amy looks cute here hope she still knows how to use girl bomber!

On 3/26/2018 at 7:01 PM, Shadowlax said:

Ian didn't ruin him

The reboot shadow is one of the best shadows, he didn't even really make him emo. 

Unless you talking about pre-reboot. Then everyone is terrible in the pre-reboot. You think tails is bad now.... woo boy. We can have a discussion about " nice guy " tails

I hated how Shadow was everyones lap dog, Ian just flanderized him into his SA2 self than couldn't go 2 seconds without feeling sorry for himself because hes weak. I prefer 06 Shadow and Sonic Boom, Shadow shouldn't take shit from anyone or follow any orders unless it interests him.

22 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

...Shadow shouldn't take shit from anyone or follow any orders unless it interests him.

That's probably just your interpretation of Shadow the Hedgehog...and not a very interesting one.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

That's probably just your interpretation of Shadow the Hedgehog...and not a very interesting one.

No he's right. That's shadow, its just that he thinks shadow doesn't care about things. He does, the guy tries to help knuckles while fighting knuckles. 

The two mistakes a lot of people ...three mistakes is 

Thinking he cares about nothing

Thinking he's tsundere

And thinking he's just vegeta

If I had a dollar for anytime people made those mistakes... i wouldn't be like a billionaire but I could buy some cool stuff. Him being about his own shit, and only doing things he bothers to care for is interesting. Its just that people make the mistake in thinking... he doesn't care about anything.

42 minutes ago, Dash Speed said:

I hated how Shadow was everyones lap dog, Ian just flanderized him into his SA2 self than couldn't go 2 seconds without feeling sorry for himself because hes weak. I prefer 06 Shadow and Sonic Boom, Shadow shouldn't take shit from anyone or follow any orders unless it interests him.

He wasn't? 

He wasn't anywhere near is SA2 self? And was more inline with his sonic 06 self and shadow the hedgehog character, where he kind of felt bad for what he was and him being a monster and people not trusting him was sort of the crux of his character arc and development. It seems like you don't actually remember sonic 06, which I mean I don't blame you for not remembering sonic 06, it is what it is. 

Also shadow never felt sorry for himself because he was weak, at least in the reboot, he was quite literally one of the strongest and most capable characters in the whole thing. Ian on multiple occasions didn't include him in things because he would just solve the problem, or his cut to the chase nature ( which seems like is going to come up in the new book ) makes for bad " keeping the bad guy alive ". The only times he feels sorry for himself or is sad, is wondering that he is a monster , this is like the first thing that comes up when he talks to relic, and its the first thing that comes up in his arc in sonic universe? Did you even read those books, or were you upset shadow wasn't just kicking people in the face all the time

Also if you like boom shadow, you don't like shadow. You like vegeta, and that's fine if you like vegeta, veggie is cool. But he's not shadow, and that's a particularly bad version of shadow, only created because boom was a failure on so many fronts he didn't even get a chance to get a character.

The value to shadow is that despite being the guy who had a video game with a gun and cursing and thinking that was " mature" , he is infact a bit more mature than most of the sonic cast. He has feelings and emotions that vary, he's sad about himself and who he  is, he's been thruogh shit. He's changed and evovled into a better person, he has intrsopection and improvement. A long with being able to kick ass

And if you don't like that part of shadow. You don't actually like shadow, you like a vague idea of shadow, that you made up. Or you just like his design and his moveset. Which is totally fine, just... never engage with any sonic material with a narrative and just look at the punch parts and you will be golden

• Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

And thinking he's just Vegeta...

End of Z Vegeta, maybe, if at all...

44 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

... the guy tries to help knuckles while fighting knuckles.

Also what?

10 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

End of Z Vegeta, maybe, if at all...

He's not even that. 

Like on a basic level shadow and vegeta are incomparable. Like if shadow and Vegeta had a conversation shadow would mention one time how he is afraid of his power, and vegeta would literally not understand. There are basic level things that they are incomparable on, and the only reason they get compared is because super forms exist and shadow is grumpy. Its also become pretty clear, if shadow is supposed to be any DBZ analogue , its the androids. 

10 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Also what?

In the comic, while he is fighting knuckles. He is literally trying to do some therapy shit like " hey man you can find something else to live for "  he's trying to help him move on from this thing he decided he needed to do, because shadow felt like it wasn't worth it. Knuckles was kind of wasting his life, which is how rouge felt talking to knuckles earlier in the story and shadow feels like the world would be safer if that thing was under lock and key. He says this after saving knuckles from drowning

20 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Ben Bates recently got hired by Cartoon Network so he may be too busy.

He's also doing a five week Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles miniseries with his writing partner Dustin Weaver though.

Would keeping the Nocturnus strictly in the past be kosher? Having them be a Lost and dead civilization of artifacts? 

9 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

And thinking he's just vegeta

Also if you like boom shadow, you don't like shadow. You like vegeta, and that's fine if you like vegeta, veggie is cool. But he's not shadow, and that's a particularly bad version of shadow, only created because boom was a failure on so many fronts he didn't even get a chance to get a character.

Yeah, while fills a similar role in the broad public eye, he has more in common with Piccolo than anyone else.

2 hours ago, goku262002 said:

The 5-page solicits have dropped eh?

Awesome to see this tradition still going after Archie.

Most Comics get previews. Wasn't going to go away.