Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

She will mostly have a similar personality like Sally. She seems to be the new female lead of this new comic series and when it comes to female leads they must have a more political correct personality; which means they must be some sort of a mature, strong, smart action tomboy, which Sally was. I guess it is very likely that White Sally will be like Sally in terms of personality and role. Who knows, maybe she will be Sonic's new love interest too. 

• Nice Smile 1

her name's tangle

i can think of better names

this is the kind of shit that fits with the already shitty gobots names like "Cop-Tur"

I'm not really a fan of the name Tangle. Probably because it always reminds me of Disney's Tangled and I'm not really a huge Disney fan anymore. Especially with all those princesses they have. 

• Thumbs Up 3

First of all, i'm LOVING Tangle's design, BUT....

As @Polkadi said, please don't make her "Tangle the not-Sally" please, let she be her own character instead of Sally-not-Sally, if the FF are not in this, don't put them in this via other characters.

those are my wishes...

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Swing said:

I'm not really a fan of the name Tangle. Probably because it always reminds me of Disney's Tangled and I'm not really a huge Disney fan anymore. Especially with all those princesses they have. 

But her name has a meaning, she can probably tangle enemies with her tail.

Just like "Sonic" is fast, "Tails" has 2 tails, "Knuckles" can punch, "Big" is big...

• Thumbs Up 5

4 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

But her name has a meaning, she can probably tangle enemies with her tail.

Just like "Sonic" is fast, "Tails" has 2 tails, "Knuckles" can punch, "Big" is big...

Sure. But she will probably use her arms for that similar to Ruffy from One Piece of Bushroot from Darkwing Duck. 

• Nice Smile 1

32 minutes ago, Swing said:

When was she a damsel? She barley had a role in almost every Sonic media. Also, why are we now talking about Blaze again? 

Well, Blaze had the tendency to be either kidnapped or defeated rather easily through the comics (both pre and Post SGW).

So, we get a Blaze issue with a raccoon character and that raccoon is not Marine xD

I like her design. Curious to see what she's like. The initial tease looked like Sonic was pulling her and she was scared, but here she seems confident.

21 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Okay, I'm loving Tangle's design. But something feels wrong to me. So very wrong.

She has similar design traits to Sally. She's likely have the same personality as Sally. She'll fill the role of Sally.

...So what was the point of not putting in the FFs, if you're just going to make a straight knockoff of one of the characters?

If you're not putting in those characters, DON'T PUT IN THOSE CHARACTERS. Don't make knockoffs to add them under a different name instead, stick to your damn words and don't add them. Please keep in mind that I actually do like the FFs, but if you're not gonna add them...

I could feel right about new characters like Sticks and the Avatar, because they are supposed to be their own characters, with unique personalities (especially with Sticks), with their own roles in the Sonic universe. I could ease into them, because they felt new and different. They weren't similar to some existing character.

Tangle doesn't feel new and different. She feels like a straight rip of Sally.

I could be proven wrong in time, but it's just off to me.

I mean, she doesn't really look like Sally at all and you're making the other things up, so it's strange to get riled up.

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, Marcello said:

So, we get a Blaze issue with a raccoon character and that raccoon is not Marine xD

Tangle is far closer in design to a lemur than a raccoon.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

I mean, she doesn't really look like Sally at all and you're making the other things up, so it's strange to get riled up.

Gut feeling spiralled out of control. I just felt the need to come forward to get it off my chest, but I so desperately want to be proven wrong.

19 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

I mean, I could most definitely be wrong, but this was a gut feeling I had.

I'd love to be proven wrong, if only to get the sour taste off my tongue.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm wondering just who the hell Rough and Tumble are. The Bebop and Rocksteady of the Sonic comics, perhaps?

7 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I'm wondering just who the hell Rough and Tumble are. The Bebop and Rocksteady of the Sonic comics, perhaps?

They sound cool and I'm legitimately 100% hyped to see them.

Such an important brushover, I wanna see the new villains!!

Oh no, they're going to use Rough from that duo to make yet another overdone Unknown from ME joke, aren't they. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5

Just now, VEDJ-F said:

Oh no, they're going to use Rough from that duo to make yet another overdone Unknown from ME joke, aren't they. 

That joke's gonna Tumble hard.

Everything's gonna be in a Tangle by the end.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 5

1 minute ago, SaberX said:

Thats a nice work you did.  They could aways do a soft rework on the logo so that wouldn't interfere the artwork. Maybe you could advertize this so they got a little incentive to do the same?

I don't really use Twitter and all that stuff, so I wouldn't know what to do. Plus, I'm guessing SEGA is telling them to use the brand logo.

If anyone wants to use it to show IDW or whatever, though, go ahead. I don't mind. I just copy and pasted stuff xD

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

Why the solicits are'nt posted yet?? We're past the time that newsrama normally posts solicits!

We already have solicits. They just aren't on Newsrama.