Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

New characters enrich Sonic's world.

Hypothetically. 

This tends to not happen in the long term.

Best wishes to this new character, though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

look, i knew it wasn't gonna be sally,

but fuck me if the character doesn't look like it's supposed to be a knockoff of sally

Still, I really like her design, and actually want to see more. She looks kinda cool!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Nice Smile 1

....WELL THAT HAPPENED

also the Sonic Tumblr posted clean versions of Variant 1 and main cover 2:

tumblr_p31ag4H1qA1u5cb23o2_1280.png

tumblr_p31ag4H1qA1u5cb23o1_1280.png

Brb adding the first one to my cover collection

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

8 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

New characters enrich Sonic's world.

Only if they are very different from each other like in Mario or Banjo-Kazooie. But not really with Sonic. They all act the same, have a very similar role in the story and have a very similar design. A world should be inhabited with many different kinds of characters. Not with almost the same character copy pasted all over again. Which is sadly, what the typical Sonic characters are now.   

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Fusion-Ellipsis said:

tumblr_p31ag4H1qA1u5cb23o1_1280.png

Brb adding the first one to my cover collection

I hope the goat girl on the right stays because her deisgn is awesome.

(That and her face is funny)

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Swing said:

Only if they are very different from each other like in Mario or Banjo-Kazooie. But not really with Sonic. They all act the same, have a very similar role in the story and have a very similar design. A world should be inhabited with many different kinds of characters. Not with almost the same character copy pasted all over again. Which is sadly, what the typical Sonic characters are now.   

But there are some who are different, like Big, who doesnt have oval eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like the Ahsoka Tano of the series, her design reminds me of her, I don't know why, maybe the color palette?

Really nice design by the way. And I do agree that new characters enrich the world, the reason why people loved the Archie universe was because of the extended cast, good writing for every character, world building and deep plots.

But there is no way that this isn't some troll move, the silhouette thing at least, it looked exactly like Sally.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

Yeah. Big is one of the very few exceptions. Same goes for characters like Chip and the Deadly Six. But non of them were actually what we would call hype material for Sonic characters. Also they play a very small role in the Sonic universe. It is characters like White Sally (I'm calling like that from now own - we can all see that she is the new Sally of this generation) who are the stuff the fans want.  

Looking at the solcits again and Jen Hen is also back! (Look at issue 3).

Also YEEEEEEEE BLAZE IN THE FOURTH ISSUE

• Thumbs Up 5

58 minutes ago, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

4jaj6p9050c01.jpg

Is it just me or Tails is looking a bit too much like Classic!Tails here?

EDIT: and i do hope we get some good explanation on why is Blaze NOT in the Sol Dimension

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

They better not make Blaze into a damsel in distress again...

When was she a damsel? She barley had a role in almost every Sonic media. Also, why are we now talking about Blaze again? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Swing said:

When was she a damsel? She barley had a role in almost every Sonic media. Also, why are we now talking about Blaze again? 

She appears in issue 4.

3 minutes ago, Swing said:

I was referring to Pirate Plunder Panic, where she was captured TWICE. A cat of that power should NOT let that happen to her.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

I was referring to Pirate Plunder Panic, where she was captured TWICE. A cat of that power should NOT let that happen to her.

Does this matter so much to you? Their are a lot of damsels in the Sonic universe. Tails for example is now also one. 

• Nice Smile 1

Okay, I'm loving Tangle's design. But something feels wrong to me. So very wrong.

She has similar design traits to Sally. She's likely have the same personality as Sally. She'll fill the role of Sally.

...So what was the point of not putting in the FFs, if you're just going to make a straight knockoff of one of the characters?

If you're not putting in those characters, DON'T PUT IN THOSE CHARACTERS. Don't make knockoffs to add them under a different name instead, stick to your damn words and don't add them. Please keep in mind that I actually do like the FFs, but if you're not gonna add them...

I could feel right about new characters like Sticks and the Avatar, because they are supposed to be their own characters, with unique personalities (especially with Sticks), with their own roles in the Sonic universe. I could ease into them, because they felt new and different. They weren't similar to some existing character.

Tangle doesn't feel new and different. She feels like a straight rip of Sally.

I could be proven wrong in time, but it's just off to me.

• Nice Smile 2

7 minutes ago, Polkadi said:

Okay, I'm loving Tangle's design. But something feels wrong to me. So very wrong.

She has similar design traits to Sally. She's likely have the same personality as Sally. She'll fill the role of Sally.

...So what was the point of not putting in the FFs, if you're just going to make a straight knockoff of one of the characters?

If you're not putting in those characters, DON'T PUT IN THOSE CHARACTERS. Don't make knockoffs to add them under a different name instead, stick to your damn words and don't add them. Please keep in mind that I actually do like the FFs, but if you're not gonna add them...

I could feel right about new characters like Sticks and the Avatar, because they are supposed to be their own characters, with unique personalities (especially with Sticks), with their own roles in the Sonic universe. I could ease into them, because they felt new and different. They weren't similar some existing character.

Tangle doesn't feel new and different. She feels like a straight rip of Sally.

I could be proven wrong in time, but it's just off to me.

Well, except that they are looking a bit alike (tbh the tay is really different and the face is mostly different, with different kind of eyes), I don't see at all why she would have the same character than Sally. Nothing in what we have seen (a.k.a. just her design) show wether or not that she'll have the same personnality, or that she'll fill the role of Sally. Heck, her whole design scream "Martial Art"/"Fighter", and she doesn't looks like a strategist (well, Sally don't looks like a strategist in her design too). I mean, except that she looks like a strong female character (which isn't a really specific trait), there isn't many things for the moment that can be used to say that she'll be like Sally.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Kazhnuz said:

Well, except that they are looking a bit alike (tbh the tay is really different and the face is mostly different, with different kind of eyes), I don't see at all why she would have the same character than Sally. Nothing in what we have seen (a.k.a. just her design) show wether or not that she'll have the same personnality, or that she'll fill the role of Sally. Heck, her whole design scream "Martial Art", and she doesn't looks like a strategist. I mean, except that she looks like a strong female character (which isn't a really specific trait), there isn't many things for the moment that can be used to say that she'll be like Sally.

I mean, I could most definitely be wrong, but this was a gut feeling I had.

I'd love to be proven wrong, if only to get the sour taste off my tongue.

• Thumbs Up 1