Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

Well, that was something. A little off-beat in terms of trailer editing, but...okay. *shrugs* I mean, the absolute worst thing about it to me was that song in the beginning, but otherwise...I got no overwhelming feelings on this, and I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

• Thumbs Up 8

Could this be Eggman running a simulation in which he has the upper hand? Game Land on steroids? For some reason I keep thinking virtual reality whenever this glitchiness comes up, as it seems to be a theme with the antagonists. According to Shadow the Hedgehog's Mad Matrix people can interact with a system Tron-like, so what if Sonic's trapped somewhere while the real attack occurs?

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

And second I'll take any song from lost world over what Indigo just posted.

Lost World's soundtrack was lovely. I can't understand why anyone believes otherwise.

Anyway, add my vote to hoping Infinite's edginess is an act and he's some huge dork. It'd be the ultimate meta to make him a super-ascended Sonic fanboy, like Mark the Tapir but dangerous.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Well, that was something. A little off-beat in terms of trailer editing, but...okay. *shrugs* I mean, the absolute worst thing about it to me was that song in the beginning, but otherwise...I got no overwhelming feelings on this, and I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

You've reached the point of neutrality. I've been there for a while now

So..that trailer was certainly...a thing. If nothing else, I like Infinite's voice but then Liam O` Brien makes everyone sound fucking amazing. That trailer didn't really tell us anything aside from trying to sell Infinite as "SUPREME ULTIMATE EDGELORD SUPREME", and there's nothing with that...but god, all of this feels like it's being played completely straight rather than in a tongue and cheek way and that scares me.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

You forgot the unplayably broken controls, long load times, incredibly slow movement in massive empty hub worlds, and a myriad of other problems.

Just because you don't like Forces doesn't excuse pretending 06 is better than it is, people. 

My My...did it ever occur to you that I don't dislike this game just cause I'm making a harmless joke about it? (Nevermind that not everyone thinks that 06 is the worst thing in the world) :/

I hated lost world's music there I said it. Why? It's just pitiful. This was actually good. Something I'd love to drive to at night

• Thumbs Up 4

What does Lost World's music have to do with this trailer?

That was a rhetorical question, let's get back on track guys. :V

• Thumbs Up 7

5 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

You've reached the point of neutrality. I've been there for a while now

So..that trailer was certainly...a thing. If nothing else, I like Infinite's voice but then Liam O` Brien makes everyone sound fucking amazing. That trailer didn't really tell us anything aside from trying to sell Infinite as "SUPREME ULTIMATE EDGELORD SUPREME", and there's nothing with that...but god, all of this feels like it's being played completely straight rather than in a tongue and cheek way and that scares me.

But I thought you wanted it to be played straight? 

Sonic Lost World only has 2 songs in it that can be remotely considered "A Masterpiece"

...The fact that you already know which 2 songs I'm talking about without me having to say what they are only proves my point further! :P

8 minutes ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Lost World's soundtrack was lovely. I can't understand why anyone believes otherwise.

Anyway, add my vote to hoping Infinite's edginess is an act and he's some huge dork. It'd be the ultimate meta to make him a super-ascended Sonic fanboy, like Mark the Tapir but dangerous.

Never said I disliked it, thought I was lukewarm on it. Some of the music lacked energy and felt forgettable.

10 minutes ago, Patron Night said:

Could this be Eggman running a simulation in which he has the upper hand? Game Land on steroids? For some reason I keep thinking virtual reality whenever this glitchiness comes up, as it seems to be a theme with the antagonists. According to Shadow the Hedgehog's Mad Matrix people can interact with a system Tron-like, so what if Sonic's trapped somewhere while the real attack occurs?

I would love it if Eggman essentially MM2 final bossed the Sonic crew. That would make this the greatest story ever.

1 hour ago, Indigo Rush said:

DFMODFrV0AAwEgD.jpg

...wait, is that Shadow or the Custom Hero?

41 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Bitching and Moaning. Bitching and Moaning.

Anyway I think Infinite seems pretty fucking rad. I'm getting more "Dragon Ball up the ante villain" than "BOO HOO THEY PUT FANFIC OC'S IN THE GAME!!1111!!" myself.

For someone pretending he's above all that bitching and moaning you sure don't mind stoking the fires because not everybody's as enthused with this game. I see any more of this shit, you're getting a strike.

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

Custom hero would be my bet since there's no ring on his glove.

• Thumbs Up 3

I need this game now.

it all makes sense. SEGA embraces Sonic's identity as nonsensical meme fodder all the time these days, so they're just lettin' Sonic Team go crazy cause they know that'll get them more material.

Sonic has officially crossed the line into comedy, and the series is doing a brilliant metacommentary.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Definitely the custom hero. Because if that were Shadow then there would be red stripes on the arm.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

literally what's the difference at this point, both represent derivative self-insertion and purported originality

it's the avatar character though

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Miru the Living Planet said:

But I thought you wanted it to be played straight? 

I wanted better writing and an actual reason to care about what's going on, not a fanfic tier plot and villain.

• Thumbs Up 3

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Why do people keep ignoring that music taste is subjective, not objective?

Nope

Every song  I like is objectively good and every song I don't like is objectively bad.  Thats what i learned on the internet 

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Celestia said:

What does Lost World's music have to do with this trailer?

That was a rhetorical question, let's get back on track guys. :V

Noting I just love the love hate this fanbase has for any good Sega tries to do. I think the music goes well with villians trying to destroy the world some hate sar sonic game villians with more passion than a tumblr fan fix writer. Eh can't please them all

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

Custom hero would be my bet since there's no ring on his glove.

3 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

it's the avatar character though

2 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I honestly thought that was either Knuckles or Shadow, but Custom Hero makes more sense.

If that is the Avatar...what in the world is happening in that cutscene?