Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

I liked what I saw - I know I'm in the general minority when it comes to the tone of the series but this is generally much more of what I'd rather see than the likes of Sonic Boom and Sonic Lost World. I really like Infinite's theme as well. Still wary as hell of this, but I can't say that the last two trailers have pushed me further away. Interested to see more.

Also, it looks like we've got a new foresty/mushroom-hill area which is looking kinda nice

Also I cannot get enough of Infinite's theme. Sorry not sorry I love it.

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

That's called landing

It's harder to see it with Metal in that GIF, but I definitely saw it in the video itself. It should be pretty clear with Chaos, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

That's called landing

Naw there is a visual effect that "distorts" both Metal and Choas.

Its the same effect that surrounds Infinite when he's hoovering. He's definitely using his powers to do something.

• Thumbs Up 5

3 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

It's harder to see it with Metal in that GIF, but I definitely saw it in the video itself. It should be pretty clear with Chaos, though.

Yep. Much like how Infinite's music video glitches. So does Chaos in that scene. Only confirms the rumors that the antagonists are pulled from another dimension with Classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

would be disappointing  if shadow was brainwashed or from another dimension really wanted to see him get convinced to join the dark side.

I can't believe those first 13 seconds are a real thing. This has to be intentionally cringy as fuck. I feel like a fucking Spineshank music video is about to start. 

And oh goody it's never like we've ever seen a story where a villain betrays Eggman before it should be interesting. 

• Thumbs Up 5

That scene we got looks heavily edited. Snippets from here and there.

Zavok looks like he is getting up after being put down. Metal and Chaos are coming back down on their own, presumably after a gang attack on Sonic. If I was a betting man, I would say Sonic pounced on Zavok but was overpowered by the other two, shortly after. Most likely Infinite giving him a demonstration of his "power"

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Does Iizuka and in fact the rest of Sonic Team even want to make this game? It stinks of trying so hard to be cool and relevant without any idea of what actually is cool and relevant. Deviant Art fanfics aren't supposed to be a source of inspiration.

what would you describe as cool and relevant ?

Just now, Blue Blood said:

Does Iizuka and in fact the rest of Sonic Team even want to make this game? It stinks of trying so hard to be cool and relevant without any idea of what actually is cool and relevant. Deviant Art fanfics aren't supposed to be a source of inspiration.

At this point I'm nearly convinced it's intentionally cringey. This wouldn't have been cool in 2004. 

Just now, A sonic fan said:

Sometimes the best way to be cool is by not trying to be cool, and to be relevant and respected...you have to be subtle in how you represent yourself and not be full of yourself! <-- THIS is key to having people take your story seriously!

...A forigien concept Sonic Team (and some Sonic Fanboys) don't seem to be capable of understanding! :P

• Thumbs Up 1

They reference the kick and the sonic hitting a wall scene from 06....twice.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Alienrun said:

Sometimes the best way to be cool is by not trying to be cool, and to be relevant and respected...you have to be subtle in how you represent yourself and not be full of yourself! <-- THIS is key to having people take your story seriously!

...A forigien concept Sonic Team (and some Sonic Fanboys) don't seem to be capable of understanding! :P

So basically not Sonic?

Just now, A sonic fan said:

The snarky reply would be "not Sonic Forces".

But a more genuine response would be that this game is obviously trying to bank on the popularity of user-generated content, retro-revivals and gritty reboots. All three of those things are incredibly popular in gaming and beyond at the moment, but Forces isn't managing to pull off any of them with much competence. The whole thing feels like a bad product.

18 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Well he is water to um sure since adventure they gave better tech and may want him to seem squishy?

16 minutes ago, Dannymax440 said:

What the hell is Zavok doing back there?

Sneezing duh lol

3 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

The snarky reply would be "not Sonic Forces".

But a more genuine response would be that this game is obviously trying to bank on the popularity of user-generated content, retro-revivals and gritty reboots. All three of those things are incredibly popular in gaming and beyond at the moment, but Forces isn't managing to pull off any of them with much competence. The whole thing feels like a bad product.

I'm interested as well. I'm liking what there doing with this game. From music. Stroy. And characters. What is it *you* want in ansonic game? Another lost world?

• Thumbs Up 3

Yea, there's some extreme try hard level angst going on here and still just feels like a 2nd take on Generations....but I'd be lying if I said there weren't some aspects that didn't make this game just a lil bit more interesting to me. I like that it's starting to feel like there's stakes involved unlike Sonic Colors and up. I kinda liked Sonic getting his ass beat, too... it reminded me of the OVA for a bit, and it's nice to give Sonic some challenge for once in a blue moon in his games. Hopefully Forces doesn't pull off a Lost World though, and only show the one interesting cutscene involving stakes in the game until you realize the whole story is nonsense once you get the game in your hands.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Well he is water to um sure since adventure they gave better tech and may want him to seem squishy?

Look again at the video. When Chaos lands, there's no 'squishy'-ness there. He just lands like a regular character, then 'glitches'.

• Thumbs Up 2

I still wonder if Infinite is going to be related to the Time Eater somehow... But I'm starting to find it less likely after some of the newer info lately. Regardless Infinite is a pretty fun character to me. Love how his symbol is on his own shoes... Hahaa! I hope Infinite is the ultimate dork lord and they make him bit goofy.

• Thumbs Up 6