Awoo.

New Sonic Forces - "Enter Infinite" Trailer

BubbleButt TV

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

He is almost definitely the Avatar character. The all the OC's rolled into one is almost like a mockery of what is out there in the community. Its actually not a bad way to go...

But considering that this guy has the power to distort reality or bend dimensions or whatever else it is he can do, anyone else guessing that those movements had less to do with speed and more to do with some form of premonition? Like he can see all the possibilities of a situation. This guy could be omnipotent. 

just a question, what makes you so sure he is the avatar character.

1 minute ago, Soniman said:

kinda almost like the villian should have the edge over the hero to be a threatening antagonist.

This "speed" probably is just teleoportation anyway

Nothing about being stronger than the hero requires being an edge-douche, or outdoing the hero at his own game.

Also lol that sounds awful familiar. How many Shadows does this series have by now?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Sega DogTagz said:

He is almost definitely the Avatar character. The all the OC's rolled into one is almost like a mockery of what is out there in the community. Its actually not a bad way to go...

Well if the clever humor of Boom's second season is anything (probably a stretch, but hypthetically speaking of course,) maybe that's what they're going for? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ridiculous mid 00's emo music for a genaric overpowered Mephilis 2.0  style villian.   

But hey if SEGA wants Sonic to stay a meme/joke forever its there IP they can do what they want.  Though its always said to see someone ruin what they created.  Between this the cancling of the comics, the inevitable cancelation of the Boom cartoon and the upcoming sure to be critically panned Sonic movie the state of the franchise gets more pathetic with each passing day.  At this point not even Mania can save it.  

It's..okay. Not bad, I can see some potential with the villan and story. But it kinda reeks of "era" that my preteen self would love and I far since grew out of it. On a positive note, I really like the villains theme. It's cheesy but it's the good kind of cheese. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Literally everything about this dude screams shameless self-insert fanfiction. Are Sega just using a playbook from 2005 for this?
  • Thumbs Up 9

1 minute ago, A sonic fan said:

just a question, what makes you so sure he is the avatar character.

Call it a hunch, based on the semantics of what we know about him.

Between early speculations, that mask he wears, some of the lyrics in his song, and his OC overdrive superpowers - thats the vibe I'm getting. At this point I'd be shocked if he was anything else.

He's fucking hilariously anime edgy and stupid, this is everything I wanted from this game's story.

• Thumbs Up 7

I might've been on board with this had it not been for that awful music.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Sega DogTagz said:

Call it a hunch, based on the semantics of what we know about him.

Between early speculations, that mask he wears, some of the lyrics in his song, and his OC overdrive superpowers - thats the vibe I'm getting. At this point I'd be shocked if he was anything else.

My main issue is that there are so many different oc's and only one infinite it wouldnt make sense if infinite was a wolf or something and your oc is a bear. 

This is cheesy on so many levels but it's actually kind of entertaining. Even if the gameplay ends up being mediocre, I think the story might be fun, even if it's in a B-Movie sort of way.

• Thumbs Up 7

inb4 Sonic Team handwaves every plot hole in the entire series by saying "oh, its just a left over glitch/time warp error from infinite...carry on!"

End my suffering! -_-

I welcome our Mephiles 2.0. Maybe they'll do a plot twist and it will actually be Mephiles or maybe just our OC. Only from a different dimension. We'll see. A good villain deserves a good game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, ChikaBoing said:

Some new enviorments, I like the look of them quite a bit from what we saw.

idk they look a bit too lost worldy for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

What's wrong with a mephiles 2.0 he was a good villain. I prefer a villain that's evil and edgy over more comical teen titan go types

2 minutes ago, Captain Metallix said:

Am I the only one who noticed Chaos and Metal Sonic seemingly 'glitch out' in this scene:

giphy.gif

I think it's safe to say that these guys are being pulled from other dimensions now.

That's called landing

• Thumbs Up 4

Main disappointment is that sonic looks to have his colors-lost world personality rather than the one he had from the adventure games up to unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

idk they look a bit too lost worldy for me.

I'd say the opposite. Some cues, yeah, but not much.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Balding Spider said:

I might've been on board with this had it not been for that awful music.

That music sir is godly. Better than that messy main theme

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, A sonic fan said:

My main issue is that there are so many different oc's and only one infinite it wouldnt make sense if infinite was a wolf or something and your oc is a bear. 

So far, every species shares the same body type. By giving him the mask to cover the biggest possible ears, giving him the longest hair possible, and the longest Tail possible, they cover all the possible combinations. You could just call that "tail" overgrown matting.

Hmm. We'll see where they go with this.