Awoo.

The General 'Murican Politics Thread

Tornado

I'm hearing reports of dissatisfied Trump voters who are finding their partners and family stranded overseas by the Order.

I hope they will atone for their sins by voting Democrat for the next 4 years. And for life, for that matter. If Trump can marginalize the GOP and its ideas for a generation, I'll be incredibly happy.

Good to hear Congress is moving against him. The Senate's likely going to cut this down to size, but the House is another matter; enough House GOP members swung in favor of protections for LGBT contractors as I recall, so there's some hope that swing votes will stop the Order.

There's just the question of if Trump will heed Congress' laws.

Impeach this fucker if he doesn't, seriously. The GOP isn't doing itself any favors keeping him around when Pence is far more likely to play ball.

Well, considering how whiny and ineffective they initially were, that might have been where that impression came from.

Nice to see that's not the case here.

I'm still not understanding how people that supported Trump that are now mad apparently didn't see  this coming. I mean someone I knows claim is "well he didn't specifically explain how he'd do it, so no one thought he'd revoke entry for many" except there were tons of signs pointing that he'd be extremist and unreasonable in how he'd approach this. 

42 minutes ago, Josh said:

dSGbq0i.png

Trump and his team are sneaking stuff by relevant white house staff now. 

Jesus grit 

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

I'm still not understanding how people that supported Trump that are now mad apparently didn't see  this coming.

I'm just gonna up and call them idiots blinded by whatever nonsense they believed.

If someone says something in plain English what they were intending to so and you thought that it didn't mean that much, then that is just being downright stupid no matter how you want to spin it. Guy says he'll build a wall to keep the mexicans out so they don't deal drugs rape Americans, and you didn't think he meant most mexicans? I'm sorry, but there is very little explanation for how anyone can't understand what he meant.

A clerical error, or an intentional statement? Worrisome indeed, given all that's been going on.

I didn't used to believe that Trump would really be impeached, given that his party controls all branches of the government now, and his agenda lines up with theirs in some key respects. However, given all thats been going on; his blatant instability, the content of his executive orders, his flippant mention of World War 3, failing to consult with any relevant figures within the various cabinet departments, the White House and their own party leadership, appointing Bannon as NSC head (removing a key voice of reason)... I'm now considering it a very serious possibility. Pence is a terrible man, and as bad as Trump in his own way, but I don't for a second believe that he would be very much worse than G.W. Bush.

If I were a GOP leader, I would be holding secret crisis meetings with top level colleagues to parse out the likely breaking points for impeachment and removal proceedings to begin. It'll probably be after key pieces of legislation get passed.

So what exactly are people protesting this week? Do protesters work? Honestly if I told my place I'm asking off to go protest I wouldn't have a job lol. Just curious

Pence being president would still fucking suck for me if he still promotes a homophobic agenda or boasts things like conversion therapy, but unfortunately the concerns for LGBT don't compare to many in comparison to the other shit Trump has been doing, so as reluctant as I am to say, I can see why people rather Pence be in office, even if it means perhaps throwing LGBT under the bus in a few ways.

• Thumbs Up 1

At the very least, Pence would have to go through some hoops in order to promote that agenda. So even if we were to temporarily throw you guys under a bus for sone strategic gain, it would take a while for anything to be done and it wouldn't  stick for long anyway.

I mean, he probably doesn't need to go through many hoops to express his distate for the LGBT community and normalize homophobia by having a openly homophobic president. The only complications come when he tries to establish laws and bills that harm groups like us. And with the first amendment act being tirelessly pushed by the GOP constantly, that looks like it could easily become a reality. And honestly, I'd rather not have people throw us under the bus period "for the greater good" even if it's temporary.

If Pence actually did replace Trump as President at some point, it would anger people such as the alt-right because their "Meme President" has been evicted, disinfranchise the republicans, and tarnish the party name. 

The one thing that I'm worried about is that after Trump gets impeached, will people be less likely to protest any of the horrible shit that Pence does because he isn't as bombastic as Trump? and will Pence still go with Trump's legistlation like slashing the EPA, pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreements, or even lifting sanctions from Russia? (although I think the latter is unlikely).

Trump's not going to get impeached.  lol people are really trying to grab at anything. Regardless if you hate or like the guy he's not going anywhere. Wish we would spend the much  energy trying to fix our own communities

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Trump's not going to get impeached.  lol people are really trying to grab at anything. Regardless if you hate or like the guy he's not going anywhere. Wish we would spend the much  energy trying to fix our own communities

Care to maybe elaborate why you think that given all the shit he's doing that's been upsetting not only civilians, but people in pretty important legal positions? I don't see how people are "grabbing at things" in response to everything he's done in just the first week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

cause we young people love to eat right. As you said one week in and we think he's going to be impeached which is silly. And what "shit" has he done that is upsetting and affecting you. from all I see he got rid of the Obamacare plan and the tpp deal. And a 90 day. 2 month ban on places with ties to terror we've been dealing with or areas people have traveled and come back to do something. Honestly to me and it's just my opinion it's noting more than to scare people

Y'all don't want Trump in your city. Trust me.

Also, LGBTNation is reporting that sources told them Trump is about to issue an executive order essentially allowing discrimination against LGBT people, including but not limited to: "making taxpayer funds available for discrimination against LGBTQ people in social services; allow federally funded adoption agencies to discriminate against LGBTQ parents; eliminate non-discrimination protections in order to make it possible to fire federal employers and contractors based on their sexual orientation or gender identity; and allow federal employees to refuse to serve people based on the belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, and that gender is an immutable characteristic set at birth," which means we'd basically be almost right back where we started before Obama ever took office.

This is ultimately unconfirmed, but given what the administration has done up until this point I'd suggest all LGBT people on this forum brace themselves for the worst.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

cause we young people love to eat right. As you said one week in and we think he's going to be impeached which is silly. And what "shit" has he done that is upsetting and affecting you. from all I see he got rid of the Obamacare plan and the tpp deal. And a 90 day. 2 month ban on places with ties to terror we've been dealing with or areas people have traveled and come back to do something. Honestly to me and it's just my opinion it's noting more than to scare people

If what nep just posted is true, how bought that for a start? Might wanna not act like everyone but you is overreacting and that Trump isn't that bad.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

If what nep just posted is true, how bought that for a start? Might wanna not act like everyone but you is overreacting and that Trump isn't that bad.

Yet it's not confirmed yet. And I have many friends who are not overreacting.  I'm still at work. I'm still paying bills. I'm still in the same routine. Just now with more young people sitting in streets griping lol. To me all this is just amusing.  don't rattle your pants on my opinion.  we all can have one. I'm just very sit back and enjoy watching both sides argue type. I'm sure eventually he may do something to annoy me.

I'm also chuckling at the idea that the executive branch ignoring checks and balances by overriding the judicial branch through ignoring a federally-mandated court order while simultaneously stripping their administrative offices of staff and notice and thus their effective judgement and oversight on carrying out these executive orders, all while they unconstitutionally detain and deport cleared refugees, even their own dual-citizenship Americans (because the ban stupidly applies to actual citizens too), doesn't set a precedent for any incoming administration to attempt the democratic version of a coup, and thus doesn't mean anything. But by all means keep fucking the chicken of political ignorance.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Yet it's not confirmed yet. And I have many friends who are not overreacting.  I'm still at work. I'm still paying bills. I'm still in the same routine. Just now with more young people sitting in streets griping lol. To me all this is just amusing.  don't rattle your pants on my opinion.  we all can have one. I'm just very sit back and enjoy watching both sides argue type. I'm sure eventually he may do something to annoy me.

I literally said "if it's true" and you you're the one that started laughing and calling out people bringing up Trump getting impeached(something that even people in political positions and even on the republican side are saying is a serious real possibility). So I think I have a right to "attack" you're opinion when you're doing the same to those expressing theirs.

And good for you, you work and shit. Your "I'm fine so everyone else is too" mentality is concerning. And again, stop with acting like it's just kids being edgy and angry. People older than you, and people in more experienced political positions are concerned and worried and upset with Trumps decisions. And on top of that Trump is going around certain people to push some of his policies. 

• Thumbs Up 5