Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

Mega Man X is my favorite iteration of Mega Man, so I'm really happy about this. I love Zero too, so hopefully he'll be a skin for X (like the opposite in 3).

Well, can't wait for this one. I hope Phoenix Wright comes back!

• Thumbs Up 4

20 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Capcom remember Mega Man how about that?

I think it was a given. Especially since people would hold Capcom's feet to the fire if they didn't put in Mega Man after his appearance in Smash Bros.

Crazy thought: what if UMvsC3 is a Switch release title? I mean it is releasing on the other platforms in March, and it'd be an easy litmus test

So...the villain at the end might be a fusion of Ultron and Sigma...Ulma?

Also effing X!!! All it's missing is Zero and you could play with the duo

• Thumbs Up 1

oh the irony that iron man and captain marvel teamed up in this teaser as meanwhile in comicbook land they are trying to blow each other up... now that I got that off my chest. i'm looking forward to the new game.though I haven't played too many capcom games outside of the megaman/megaman x games so expect mostly marvel predictions from me. that said here's a list of past playable marvel characters i'd like to see show up in MvC infinite.

• spider-man
  • taskmaster
  • sentinel
  • phoenix  (if its teen jean grey then I regret even having phoenix on this list)
  • ghost rider (hopefully we get an alternate marvel now ghost rider costume)
  • hulk
  • thor
  • captain america
  • deadpool
  • wolverine
  • dr doom
  • doctor strange
  • dormammu (dormammu I have come to bargin for your return in marvel vs capcom infinite...)
  • hawkeye
  • venom (agent venom would be a nice alternative otherwise)
  • thanos (should I even question his odds of returning as a playable character in this game?)
  • MODOK
  • magneto

only other thing i'll bring up is do any of you think they might do something like what injustice 2 is doing where certain skins switch out what character your playing as? (eg, peter parker switches out with miles morales if he's wearing the right costume)

• Thumbs Up 1

So...the villain at the end might be a fusion of Ultron and Sigma...Ulma?

Also effing X!!! All it's missing is Zero and you could play with the duo

Or Sigtron. Sigmatron.

Seriously tho, having Sigma for the first time in a MvC game would be rad, don't know why I've never thought of that. Of course it's Sigma!

2 hours ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Crazy thought: what if UMvsC3 is a Switch release title? I mean it is releasing on the other platforms in March, and it'd be an easy litmus test

Did they say only on PlayStation? I'm not sure if it's a timed release or not 

Here's the press release

In case you missed our announcement at PlayStation Experience, Marvel and Capcom have joined forces once again to bring you the next epic chapter in our highly acclaimed cross-over series: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite! Universes collide with fun, frantic player-vs-player battles.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike.

In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, 02

Features

• Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
  • Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
  • Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
  • Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
  • Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
  • Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
  • Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, 01

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is currently in development and will release across North America and Europe in Late 2017.

Tune in to ESPN on Sunday, December 4 during the Capcom Cup 2016 broadcast to see an extended trailer from Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. We’ll have more information to share soon, so be sure to follow us on Twitter and YouTube for all things Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

I'm not a fan of them going back to the 2v2 style of gameplay but I still hope they have the fast pace of UMvC3.

Was a little annoyed by the "No X-Men/FF because movies" talk in the rumors, but seeing X revealed as the first character completely sold me. Also really excited about the Story Mode, as the prospect of a MK9/X and SFV-style story starring different Marvel and Capcom characters makes me salivate immensely. Definitely looking forward to more reveals! (Hoping the rumors of Howard the Duck are true. He would be the only one amazingly bizarre enough to fill the void of Deadpool should those rumors be true. )

Also really awesome that they took the opportunity to rerelease UMvC3 digitally WITH ALL THE DLC. I've already got it physically for 360, but I'm most likely going to double dip on PS4 as both a precursor to Infinite and because I never downloaded most of the cool costumes when they were available. 

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Did they say only on PlayStation? I'm not sure if it's a timed release or not 

Neither game is Playstation exclusive. UMvC3 is a timed exclusive, though.

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Neither game is Playstation exclusive. UMvC3 is a timed exclusive, though.

Although if I were to guess, maybe DLC could be timed exclusive when it's closer to launch?

Just now, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Although if I were to guess, maybe DLC could be timed exclusive when it's closer to launch?

Let's not start talking about DLC before we've even seen gameplay xP

I don't think they said anything about exclusive DLC here, so I'm guessing no exclusivity whether it's for the game or DLC.

I'm really interested in seeing the story especially since the last game was severely lacking one. But man, if the rumors of X-Men characters not being in it is true it's gonna be a huge missed opportunity by not having Deadpool there.

43 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Don't think they'd do something like that, considering how much of a pain in the ass it would be for the competitive community (something Capcom wants to foster). At least, I hope they wouldn't. 

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Looking forward to seeing gameplay footage tonight. UMvC was a really cool and stylish game, but it was more fun for me to watch than it was to play. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Really hoping if there's a story mode that all characters will pretty much be in on it.

Awesome news ! I was shocked

I hope for an even bigger roster this time around, and I'm happy with 2v2

I would have liked a Guilty Gear 2d graphic, but I'm not going to complain about that

Returning characters I'd like to see:

Akuma, Arthur, Firebrand, Amaterasu, Stryder

Spiderman, Wolverine, Deadpool, Doc. Strange, Storm

New Characters I'm hoping for:

Demitri, John Talbain, Tessa, Asura

Venom, Elektra,  Black Phanter, Scarlet Witch, 

Character I hope disappear (never to return) from last game:

Hsien-ko, Trish, Tronn Bonne, Jill, Crimson Viper, the metal arm guy, Haggar

Modok, X-23, She Hulk, Sentinel, Taskmaster, Super Skrull

... yes, I had some problem with half of umvc3 roster, even though I have enjoyed the game

Sentinel has a high risk of disappearing, but he's also a series staple, and if there's going to be any wolverine it's going to be X-23 Wolverine since it gives the least boost to the movies.

Also I just realized a character I'd love to see is Quake, Martial Arts plus earthquake powers, and well in the comics she can use it to vibrate someone's vital organs(or head)

Huh, hearing it's 2v2 has me a lot more interested in this game, cause I still think MvC 1 was the best of them.  I hope they get away from the "fish for a hit and then do a max damage combo" meta that plagued all the MvC 3 play I saw.  

I really want Jin Satome and Captain Commando back.  

3 hours ago, DaN said:

Awesome news ! I was shocked

I hope for an even bigger roster this time around, and I'm happy with 2v2

I would have liked a Guilty Gear 2d graphic, but I'm not going to complain about that

Returning characters I'd like to see:

Akuma, Arthur, Firebrand, Amaterasu, Stryder

Spiderman, Wolverine, Deadpool, Doc. Strange, Storm

New Characters I'm hoping for:

Demitri, John Talbain, Tessa, Asura

Venom, Elektra,  Black Phanter, Scarlet Witch, 

Character I hope disappear (never to return) from last game:

Hsien-ko, Trish, Tronn Bonne, Jill, Crimson Viper, the metal arm guy, Haggar

Modok, X-23, She Hulk, Sentinel, Taskmaster, Super Skrull

... yes, I had some problem with half of umvc3 roster, even though I have enjoyed the game

>taskmaster 

>that's my main 

u wut m8? 

• Thumbs Up 3

A Game informer interview popped up early, and gaf grabbed it before they took it down

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225964448&postcount=2179

Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite could end up being a divisive game. Although the Versus series is often seen as a chaotic display of flashes and super moves, it has a surprisingly consistent core. Three-versus-three battles, assists, and a six-button layout have defined the series and for almost two decades have held the attention of a hardcore group of fans. Speaking with representatives from both Marvel and Capcom, the first two of those three core tenants are gone in Infinite, and they wouldn’t confirm the third.

Infinite’s fights are fought two-on-two and without call-in assist attacks, which might make some series fans a bit skeptical. But the move didn’t occur without a lot of consideration. The team at Capcom considered the decision for a long time before settling on two-versus-two for the sake of accessibility. Although frantic combat is core to the series, Director of Production at Capcom Mike Evans wants more casual fans to be able to jump in without being overwhelmed; in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, each player had to choose three characters from an enormous roster, then choose one of three assists for those characters. In Infinite, you’ll only have to select two characters and one Infinity Stone.

That trade comes with its upsides, even for more seasoned players. For one, you can now instantly swap in characters at any time. You can do this mid-combo, similar to Marvel Vs. Capcom 3’s aerial TAC combos but faster, and available on the ground as well. Capcom hasn’t nailed down specifics about how often players will be able to swap characters this way, but mentioned the goal is to give combos the freeform feel and endless permutations the series is known for. Having two characters makes this system far more manageable, since players will know for sure which character they’ll be swapping into during their combo, instead of having to memorize their team order.

To expand the number of options further, Capcom has removed the old “X-factor” mechanic from Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and replaced it with six Infinity Stones. This not only hints at some of the potential plot points in the game (since the six stones are a nod to the Infinity Gauntlet), but acts as a way to customize your two-person team. The two Infinity Stones we were shown had "power" and "time" abilities. Power seems to increase the potency of each attack, while Time acted as a way to increase mobility and combo potential. Each stone will grant one ability that can be activated at any time, and one stronger ability will be more rare (again, the team has yet to work out the specifics of how they will limit this ability). When I brought up Street Fighter V’s V-System as a potential reference point for Infinity Stones, they instead pointed me toward Capcom Vs. SNK 2’s Groove System.

Part of the reason for this new system is an attempt to even the playing field. In the Marvel Vs. Capcom competitive scene, you tend to see a core roster of characters that recur, and many other characters that are left by the wayside. In the game’s early life, some characters were chosen purely for their assist abilities, acting less like actual characters and more like tools. Capcom’s goal with Infinity Stones is for them to work like those throwaway assist characters, making up for the deficiencies of a particular team, enhancing its strong points, and acting a sort of comeback enabler. A Marvel Vs. Capcom game with a balanced roster still sounds like a tall order, but Infinity Stones will hopefully make that task easier.

When I asked them whether the simplified approach to team building also meant fewer buttons to use, Capcom wouldn’t confirm anything. Instead, they told me that they’re hoping to make the game as comfortable to play on a controller as it is on an arcade stick, so newer fans don't feel like they need to purchase the latter to compete.

The last big question for a Marvel Vs. Capcom game is the roster, but Capcom told me at the start of our meeting they wouldn’t be revealing anyone other than the four characters shown in the gameplay trailer shown off at the end of tonight’s Capcom Cup finals (Ryu, Mega Man X, Captain Marvel, and Iron Man). However, they did offer a few details about their direction.

When I asked them about the rumor that the game’s roster would not include as many (or any) characters from the X-Men or Fantastic Four series due film rights issues (the current film series for those franchises are owned by Fox and not Marvel Studios) and would instead favor characters already in the Marvel cinematic universe, Creative Director of Marvel Entertainment Bill Roseman didn’t tense up the way PR folks tend to when you ask them a difficult question. While Marvel wants to take a forward-thinking stance with the characters they include in the game, he wants to make sure fans of all of Marvel properties, including X-Men, were happy. “That heritage is not lost,” he told me. Not the straight answer I was looking for, but it left me hopeful about my chances of Berserker Barraging people as Wolverine next year.

Roseman and Executive Producer at Marvel Games Mike Jones also emphasized that they’re looking at this project the way they have all of their recent projects in games, film, and television (Jones brought up Insomniac’s upcoming Spider-Man game and their current run of well-regarded series on Netflix as a reference point). They want to make sure Infinite’s use of the Marvel license is well-earned, and mentioned the game will have a more expansive, cinematic story mode this time around. “We want to make sure this game is dripping with Marvel,” said Roseman.

I wasn’t able to get my hands on the game itself so I can't speak to how all of the new ideas in Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite come together. That said, the big picture of Infinite sounds like a huge shift for the series. Reducing the character count and removing assists sounds like it could cut down on the flashy, ridiculous fun that has made the series so popular. But while it may not be the comfort food fans are looking for, I prefer that a series known for chaos go for broke when it comes to making changes, rather than play it safe.

Sounds like Doom and Rouge may be safe, and honestly removing assists does mean more playable characters

It does look like they are going back to the gameplay focus of X-men Vs Street Fighter(2V2, no assists) which is still a solid game to this day

Also 2 new characters on tomorrows stream

AvPl8lu.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

It looks like the stage is a Mix between Asgard from Thor and the Highway from Mega Man X. This could imply that stages will be a mix of both Marvel and Capcom in one.