Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

Eh, Adventure 1 regarding Sonic's gameplay all around accomplished such while adding in a homing attack.

Sonic Adventure made an attempt, but it was far from a full success. Sonic didn't even have a proper roll button.

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Undyne Phoenix said:

Why not just do both, which SEGA are kind of doing; well again, we don't even know yet what the gameplay style will even be.

That said, we have Mania in regards for "reviving" the gameplay of classic era Sonic for those that prefer it.

Because I'm not going to get a proper 3D Sonic game out of this series if they leave the classic gameplay to an outside group whose strength lies in 2D while Sonic Team just continues bumbling forwards with the boost gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

It's not like Classic gameplay isn't becoming more and more prominent lately with Sonic Mania and at least half of Project 2017, but I do understand now what you mean, a 3D translation of the classic momentum based gameplay, but as you said, it would take time to get it right, and considering how every time they try something new, it divides the fanbase even more(Lost World, anyone?), even if they could perfect the gameplay in 2 or 3 games, it wouldn't matter, because the first game would probably get a negative response and they'd go back to the safety of the Boost Gameplay.

So I'm supposed to accept this cowardice because they'd be cowards anyway? If they tried to revive the classic gameplay but fucked it up, I'd tell them to get back in there and try it again. At least that way there's a chance of getting the kind of games I want.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, kinda wondering why they'd make a completely new character at this point considering that this whole franchise has way more than enough to work with.

Wouldn't mind if they were importing Sticks into the main series, but can we use what we already have please?

• Thumbs Up 4

We should keep in mind that we don't know anything about what this character is going to be used for. We have plenty enough playable heroes, sure, but there's still room for NPCs or villains if context requires them.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Soni.exe said:

It's going to be a while until actual gameplay comes out, maybe they might show off 2017 at Tokyo Joypolis this December or during the Switch Direct at Jan 12. Or heck, they might even start promoting the game near the release of Mania. 

I honestly doubt we'll see anything of real substance until after Mania is released. They aren't going to market 2 separate games on the same set of systems.

41 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Because I'm not going to get a proper 3D Sonic game out of this series 

At least that way there's a chance of getting the kind of games I want.

The world doesn't revolve around you. Sega should appeal to others outside of the classic fans as well. Honestly, I'd much rather they didn't make another Sonic 3D Blast either. 

• Thumbs Up 1

And that cuts both ways. I don't see you sticking your neck out for what classic fans want.

What about someone who sticks their neck out for both?

Seriously, cut it out, both of you. This is getting into personal jab territory.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Azoo said:

What about someone who sticks their neck out for both?

It's not really practical.

As a Classic fan I can't really complain since Sega is actually giving us exactly what we've been asking in the form of Mania for and caters to us constantly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We aren't getting that dream 3D Sonic game but who is really

• Thumbs Up 8

Having 3D Classic Sonic is a great idea, and I wold love to see it happen. But to only have 3D classic Sonic even if it fails? I'm more so against a 3D classic Sonic game right now because if it fails, I don't see Sega really recovering. 

I wonder what they mean by new character? My first guess would just be a villein... But by chance if they mean playable character, then err.... I guess Boom Sonic might count... Even tho i have no idea how that would play, but more then that it would pain me so MUCH to see a Sonic game that has 3 playable characters... and all of them being alternate Sonics... (;<_>)

However if by rare chance it's a playable character and not a Sonic then...

4 hours ago, CuzEyeCan said:

... Please don't be another hedgehog, please don't be another hedgehog.

I can not echo this enough! But let me add to it...

Please don't be another male hedgehog, Please don't be another male hedgehog... Goodness please don't be another male hedgehog!

If it HAS to be a hedgehog... then at least make it a female one for that tiny little difference... We have Amy already, True... but one with a extremely different look & personality from her could MAYBE be interesting I guess... regardless I think we really do not need another completely new playable character altogether... when there are more then enough other good ones already to use for almost any reason you could need.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't see a completely new character being playable in the game alongside Two Sonics... It just feels weird, like, 2/3 of the main playable characters would be the same person hedgehog? Whaaat?

It's probably a new villain...

Or someone derived from sonic (like Mephiles was derived from Shadow, or Metal Sonic from sonic)... So it would seem more balanced.

Or maybe a new side character like chip was in Unleashed.

Just now, Cakito said:

I can't see a completely new character being playable in the game alongside Two Sonics... It just feels weird, like, 2/3 of the main playable characters would be the same person hedgehog? Whaaat?

How do you think SA2 went down with two sonics, two tails, and two knuckles

2 hours ago, Diogenes said:

We should keep in mind that we don't know anything about what this character is going to be used for. We have plenty enough playable heroes, sure, but there's still room for NPCs or villains if context requires them.

I'm bothered less by what the character is used for, and more that we're getting a new one as opposed to the cast we currently have who've mostly been sidelined since Unleashed.

I'm not close-minded enough not to give that new character a fair chance to see if they're any decent, and while a new character doesn't prevent older ones from being involved we've gone long enough without other characters in the fray. Now I'd have very little issue if this new character was imported from another part of the franchise or an older one brought back a la Chaotix (I'll take everything back if characters like the Hooligans -- Nack, Bean, and Bark -- were brought back, for instance), but provided that's not the case it begs to wonder what possessed them to make a new character entirely when we not only have enough characters all around, but the premise could work well with just what we have in the game series now.

It's not a deal breaker, it's just a question of why?

• Thumbs Up 8

8 minutes ago, Flare Sol the Snivy said:

How do you think SA2 went down with two sonics, two tails, and two knuckles

SA2 had 6 characters playable, and it was balanced, since we had 2 characters with the same gameplay... Also, I am talking in a general sense, looking at both Story/Gameplay aspects. Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic makes a pair/duo. If the new character was playable, he/she would need a pair too, to balance things. I don't see this happening.

7 minutes ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

... it begs to wonder what possessed them to make a new character entirely when we not only have enough characters all around, but the premise could work well with just what we have in the game series now.

Well we don't really know what the premise is yet, we can't assume that this character's purpose is one that could be filled by an existing character.

• Thumbs Up 1

New character? Whatever. That's nothing new to me. Almost every 3D Sonic has introduced some sort of new character. This "new component" however. Please, be anything but Boom Sonic. Please. I have faith that Sonic Team have learned from their past mistakes. Please don't fuck this up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well if this is a boost game I'd like to at least see an addition to the controls so if you slam against a wall by boosting and not paying attention, you'll at least have a button to push off the wall with.

I'm greatly amused by the whole "Please don't be Boom Sonic" thing everyone's saying, given there's no indication on how he'd play (seeing as this'd be Sonic Team's first time using the character, and I'm very doubtful they'd go back to RoL style after that game's reception). Is the sports tape and scarf that offensive?

• Thumbs Up 9

I think it's more of an issue with him as a character. It's been a while since I last watched Boom, but I don't remember him being particularly that interesting of an character. Heck, I'd argue he was pretty boring.

... Or maybe, they just have a huge bias towards Boom. It could be that as well.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if he's in the game. Yet, I kinda want to see him. I'm interested to see how Sonic Team can handle his character and I do like his design, honestly. It looks kinda cool to me.

... Although, the whole idea of playing as three different Sonics makes other characters' appearances kinda depressing.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CuzEyeCan said:

I think it's more of an issue with him as a character. It's been a while since I last watched Boom, but I don't remember him being particularly that interesting of an character. Heck, I'd argue he was pretty boring.

... Or maybe, they just have a huge bias towards Boom. It could be that as well.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if he's in the game. Yet, I kinda want to see him. I'm interested to see how Sonic Team can handle his character and I do like his design, honestly. It looks kinda cool to me.

... Although, the whole idea of playing as three different Sonics makes other characters' appearances kinda depressing.

This. After the whole Boom fiasco, I think people have earned the right to be dubious of that subseries. I also just do not feel those designs, personally.  Given how sketchy Sonic Team's been with new gameplay styles, if this is a new formula, they need to get it right their first time around, having to push out another game where the formula is actually well done two years later would agitate a lot of people. Basically, what I mean to say is, if Boom Sonic HAS to be in the game, he better be just as fun to play as Classic and Modern Sonic and his sections better be just as polished as everything else. The last thing I want is another Adventure scenario where one half of the game isn't fun to play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in the day, at around the time of Sonic Rush Adventure, the news of a new character would have led to the fans calling upon the power of Zeus and Prometheus to lay waste to any message board and Youtube Comment section they could find. 

I don't know if that'll happen again now that it's 2016 due to the fact that the fears for what will be introduced within a Sonic game have shifted a bit but I kind of wish they were a bit more specific about the kind of new character they meant.

If by "new character" they mean of the Chip and Yacker variety then I'm cool with that. Personalities that are more story driven help to enrich the tale and sell the narrative a bit better. Or even more, they help to provide context for a specific setting which could lead to a lot of decent world building. Or at least they should be able to. The Zeti were of little help in that regard seeing as how I still don't know what the fuck the Lost Hex is. Although, I'd be cool if the new character were a villain. That'd probably be even better for me actually.

However, if it turns out to be another permanent cast addition then things are going to get even more tense from here on in. It's been a decade since Silver's introduction and despite liking the guy's personality alright, I still find myself miffed by their conduct when it came to including him as a mainstay for the series. They really didn't handle that well at all. 

I'm not too worried about it though.

• Thumbs Up 1