Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

Will everyone just chill?? Just because Classic Sonic is here doesn't mean it's Generations 2. Hold your opinions objectively until the game comes out. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I'm not surprised, just eternally disappointed.

Saw it and yeah. I can't say I'm not disappointed. Its exactly what I knew it would be because fuck....one step forwards, two steps back (SEGA why).

On the bright side, it looks fucking incredible. Lighting is amazing.

Colors was good, so Generations. after using the same paste for the past games, i expect something else better and new.

Well we have to remember this is not sega of the 90s where they take risk and have money. They need to go with whats safe and less likely to hurt them at this point.

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

Sorry guys, looks like Sonic Forces is not what we thought it was.

C7E0qT7W4AEWmlf.jpg

Hide contents

lol gamespot

Gaming journalism at its finest. Wouldn't you agree folks?

*Sings*

The teaser is black  (and brown)

The gameplay is bright (and colourful)

Together we learn to ignore hype.

To ignore hype.

• Thumbs Up 3

It looked like Generations to me, which is a plus when it comes to how Sonic will move and feel. Also, I loved hearing the words "Hedgehog Engine 2". That was almost magical. Maybe I'll get to see a game that I feel looks better than Unleashed (without the framerate hiccups) if all goes well.

Other than that, the wisps are fucking around on the planet somehow. I don't know how. 

I already knew there was to be no other characters the instant Classic Sonic showed his face in that first reveal trailer a while back so the wisps confirming it even more wasn't necessary. Wasn't surprised too much by it.

Looks fun. Doesn't look too special so far aside from the awesome looking ruined city aesthetic and that engine. Music's good too.

I'm just glad that world they showed was colorful and somewhat imaginative looking, I was getting sick of all that brown.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Depression Kong said:

Just a while ago you were all on your knees begging them to bring back the boost gameplay.

I sure as hell wasn't.

Just now, Meta77 said:

Well we have to remember this is not sega of the 90s where they take risk and have money. They need to go with whats safe and less likely to hurt them at this point.

If they actually believed that I doubt they'd be including a third gameplay style.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Scar said:

Saw it and yeah. I can't say I'm not disappointed. Its exactly what I knew it would be because fuck....one step forwards, two steps back (SEGA why).

On the bright side, it looks fucking incredible. Lighting is amazing.

How is this game two steps back? I can say it would be two steps back with improved Lost World gameplay, but with improved Generations gameplay? I don't see how that could be two steps back in any sense of the word.

3 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

Just a while ago you were all on your knees begging them to bring back the boost gameplay.

expecting getting a 2D platformer boost, but not the case?

Welp, came in and got exactly what I expected so I'm not really disappointed. Would have been nice to be wrong though. Theme is pretty good at least, so I have that to look forward to. 

Other than that, it's Generations 2.....yea....that's about all there is to say lol.

However, that's not going to stop this topic from blowing up with 50 pages over night debating about the boost. So let's get on with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

The name Sonic Forces is growing on me and actually like it a lot! Not as generic as 'Sonic Resistance' would've been.

Just now, The Chairman Of The Board said:

Plus by automatically assuming it's bad without playing the game, you're further cementing the stereotype that Sonic fans can't be satisfied.

I mean, that's kinda sorta on Sega themselves. They've cultivated such a huge amount of games that clash in terms of identity that nothing Sonic does is consistent. You have people who like it when it's like the Classics, you have people who like it when it's like the modern, you have people who like the serious tone of Shadow, people who like the Archie comics, people who prefer one sort of game play over the other, etc.

Sonic Generations was what happens when a series has a bit of an identity crisis and attempts to please everyone, even though that's the quickest way you fail. Sonic Forces looks to be kind of more of that.

Which isn't to say it's a bad game - Generations was a pretty good game all things considered, but this kinda cemented to me that the Sonic series is pretty lost. Sonic Mania is excelling in doing it's thing. There's little reason to assume it's going to be bad. Sonic Forces doesn't even really have the confidence to let one Sonic carry a game; it needs to have two - nay, possibly even three.

• Thumbs Up 9

Also did Mike Pollock reveal the story earlier in the panel or was that just a throwaway bit? Cuz if so, it sounds like SatAM the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

What if its called sonic forces because they wanted to name it sonic heroes, and forgot sonic heroes was already a name 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm loving how they are building upon the unleashed/colors gameplay. And it's pretty sweet how you can see the giant death egg robos wrecking shit in the background.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, BubbleButt TV said:

The name Sonic Forces is growing on me and actually like it a lot! Not as generic as 'Sonic Resistance' would've been.

That's about the same percentage of generic-ness...it'd pretty much mean the same thing.