Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

5 hours ago, Joellui said:

Just to put my two cent in here, I think the Sonic Team should go back to the drawing board after these two games, whether they're successful or not. The Sonic Team should at least consider making other IPs, because damn, I sure do miss NiGHTS and Jet Set Radio, and leave the Sonic brand for awhile.

Sonic isn't as big as it used to be and I understand that even though Sonic isn't as big, it's still bigger than their other IPs. I would love a refresher of their older IPs, I don't want no re-releases anymore, because who knows maybe NiGHTS might be just as big as Sonic if they give it another try. Or any other IP for that, just look at the buzz Shenmue 3 got when it got announced.

and I really want another NiGHTS game...

I can guarantee that this is not ever going to happen. Why? They didn't sell. Nights didn't sell. Samba De Amigo didn't sell. Burning Rangers didn't sell. ChuChu Rocket didn't sell. Ristar didn't sell. Billy Hatcher didn't sell. Sonic and a couple of other SEGA Franchises (Monkey Ball, Virtua Fighter) were the only things that ever sold anything past a million copies for them. They tried multiple times to give Sonic Team properties a second chance. No one bit. They doubled down on Sonic because it was proven there wasn't a huge market for most of, if not, all of those other games. Which is a shame, because many of those titles are fantastic.

8 hours ago, Chris Knopps said:

SEGA of Japan are to blame so they did it to themselves. Keep in mind it was the east that surprised the staff behind BOOM with a sudden exclusivity contract toward the end of the titles development.

They've had a pretty long history of causing trouble for the Western side of the company. Immature president, marketing and bundle drama, wiping out Sonic Team of America, just to name a few Eastern mistakes.

Oh yes, because everything else we see about Boom even before the exclusivity contract looks so great. You damned Easterners, how dare you have deprived us of budget-Jak-and-Daxter?!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, today is the day, guys! The panel will be happening today and we will get that reveal. You all ready?

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Well, today is the day, guys! The panel will be happening today and we will get that reveal. You all ready?

• Thumbs Up 1

"Look at what a new team is doing here in the west, the Fire and Ice and Mania titles are spectacular because the people behind them were fresh, ripe, new and hyped."

Dude, Fire and Ice is okay but it's nowhere near spectacular. Also, it wasn't made by Sega, or BRB. It was made by Sanzaru games. Sonic Mania isn't made by Sega either for that matter, but Whitehead's team COULD become part of Sega. If Mania does well i'm sure Sega will try to purchase Whitehead's new studio.

"SEGA of Japan are to blame so they did it to themselves. Keep in mind it was the east that surprised the staff behind BOOM with a sudden exclusivity contract toward the end of the titles development."

It was still Sega of America's decision to take some game and slap Sonic on it and said "This is the new thing now". Sega of Japan didn't force SoA to take a game made by an amateur studio and try and make a new whole franchise out of it. I doubt Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric would have been any better if it wasn't Wii U exclusive. A bump in graphics sure but the gameplay was still terrible. Note that I don't hate Sonic Boom like most. I actually wished and hoped it would succed because I liked the idea of it. Finally the characters would be back (Not Sonic only), a nice TV show, merchandise and a comic, Sonic would be back again across all media platforms. But that crashed and burned, and while some of the blame is on SoJ basically hating the idea and not backing it, it was also SoA's fault for lack of polish and not knowing how to make a game (As in, they literally don't have a game development branch. And they were too greedy to hire a competent game studio to make the game that was going to shake up the Sonic brand, instead getting the cheapest route they could find by hiring Big Red Button and just taking one of the games they were already making, barely even supervising the development anyway), they jumped the gun and bit more that they could chew.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait I just realized Whitehead doesn't even have a studio. He's just working with his friends who do have them, Headcanon studios and PagodaWest games. Who I assume all are Sonic fans and probably meet in the fangame scene and retrogaming scene and stuff like that. So if Whitehead and the other guys were to join Sonic Team, how would they go about that? And would they even want to? They probably have their own ideas for their careers. Sonic Mania seems more like a passion project and not something they plan to make every year or so.

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

So what time is this starting

10 PM UK time, 5PM Texas Time (dunno if Eastern or Pacific, still confuses me, pardon me being Belgian :P). So it starts in about 7 and a half hours. ^_^

11 minutes ago, The J said:

10 PM UK time, 5PM Texas Time (dunno if Eastern or Pacific, still confuses me, pardon me being Belgian :P). So it starts in about 7 and a half hours. ^_^

It's central standard time here in Texas. Also, I noticed a lot of new people have joined the forums this week. Welcome, all of you!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Zippo said:

It's central standard time here in Texas. Also, I noticed a lot of new people have joined the forums this week. Welcome, all of you!

Hehe, thanks, but I've been around here for quite a while, just not really a "comment typing" kind of guy ^^

Just here to read the others' opinions, and try to help others out with the basic info :)

Aaron has said that SXSW won't officially be streaming and they're looking into alternatives. I'm assuming they'd still stream via their Twitch channel regardless.

I scrambled to try to convert the time to my time zone until I realized it WAS my time zone. Dumb ol' me. 

Little over 7 hours!

7 hours? Heh, I'll see it when I wake up. 5 PM is normally good, but my sleep schedule is all kinds of screwed up. Doubt I'll be able to stay up that long.

Holy cowabunga, I'm so excited! Gotta try to keep myself up that late. I have to wake up early so it's not gonna be easy. :lol:

Just now, Soni said:

So TSSZ seems to have some sort of teaser image of 2017 hidden in their BBFA3 review.

img_9321.jpg

I have no idea what's up with this.

What is it? Crisis City? That new city? BBFA3 alternate ending? Could someone explain it?

Maybe @SSF1991 does know?

24 minutes ago, Soni said:

So TSSZ seems to have some sort of teaser image of 2017 hidden in their BBFA3 review.

img_9321.jpg

20 minutes ago, Kfarc said:

What is it? Crisis City? That new city? BBFA3 alternate ending? Could someone explain it?

Maybe @SSF1991 does know?

I think the best question right now should be:

Was that screenshot there before today?

Don't get me wrong though, it looks AWESOME. Let us not try to get ahead of ourselves here :P

Don't think so, why would concept art of a post apocalyptic city be on a review for Big visual novel?

33 minutes ago, Soni said:

img_9321.jpg

Am I the only seeing a potential outline clue from that sign post, assuming that we see it from the back in this?

11 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Am I the only seeing a potential outline clue from that sign post, assuming that we see it from the back in this?

Swiss Cheese Zone?

• Thumbs Up 5

45 minutes ago, The J said:

I think the best question right now should be:

Was that screenshot there before today?

Don't get me wrong though, it looks AWESOME. Let us not try to get ahead of ourselves here :P

Yesterday both TSSZ and Donnie hinted on Twitter that something appered on website. And the decription under this art talks about dialogue choices in BBFA3:TT, so it wasn't there before.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Soni said:

img_9321.jpg

It looks a bit like Crisis City. 

8 minutes ago, Miitoons said:

So I combined the piece of art that Aaron posted a little while back with this teeny snippet here, aaaaand... Huh, seems like this'll be a pretty hefty piece o' concept art!

Sonic_Project_2017.jpg

Looking at this closer, the red lights in the sky caught my attention. Where are they coming from?

Aerial attack, perhaps?